Notices

Many of the Suboxone post I read here have me confused

Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Good luck , stay strong and please keep us posted.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:49 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by YesImReady View Post
So if I have to pay a couple of weeks of cramps , nausea and not a full night of sleep for a life time of sobriety ,,, sign me up
Yes... You're very welcome. I'm sending many positive thoughts your way (and to the Mrs. too).

I'm trying to lower my Sub dose. I've been taking alternating doses, one dose per day, (example: 4mg/2mg/4mg/2mg), waiting until I've had several bouts of sweating like crazy before dosing. I haven't had the nausea or any GI symptoms as I had when tapering off Subs after 2.5 years (I've been on them only a few weeks this time). Currently, I only have craving and sweating. Today is going to be my first 2mg following a 2mg day (fingers crossed). My greatest concern is the craving. My brain is my absolute worst enemy.

But, you and yours seem to have your heads in a good place. I have faith that you are going to do this!
Old 08-02-2013, 06:43 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hi YesImReady, and Too. I've been lurking on your threads for the last month because we are kind of on the same schedule. I'm on day 2 of no subs after a one month quick taper. Honestly, I feel okay. I feel much better than I did a month ago c/t off a failed hydro/oxy taper. I also was ready to quit, have a couple kids, and have successfully quit other drugs a decade ago (coke, h, really anything). This opiate binge started with a valid medical purpose originally (cancer) then kind of ran it's course to my usual addict behavior. It kind of crept up on me this time.

Anyway cheering you guys on from the sidelines! Skipping days helped me a little but brought out some pretty weird mood swings. My last doses came from a Subutex pill that I basically only used crumbs a day. I'm a little sweaty tonight, and generally tired, but I've been drinking tons of water and vitamin energy drinks. Take care!
Old 08-02-2013, 08:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you

Originally Posted by fancyfee View Post
Hi YesImReady, and Too. I've been lurking on your threads for the last month because we are kind of on the same schedule. I'm on day 2 of no subs after a one month quick taper. Honestly, I feel okay. I feel much better than I did a month ago c/t off a failed hydro/oxy taper. I also was ready to quit, have a couple kids, and have successfully quit other drugs a decade ago (coke, h, really anything). This opiate binge started with a valid medical purpose originally (cancer) then kind of ran it's course to my usual addict behavior. It kind of crept up on me this time.

Anyway cheering you guys on from the sidelines! Skipping days helped me a little but brought out some pretty weird mood swings. My last doses came from a Subutex pill that I basically only used crumbs a day. I'm a little sweaty tonight, and generally tired, but I've been drinking tons of water and vitamin energy drinks. Take care!

Thank you so much for your post , another encouraging post that is helping both myself and my wife face this the next step in our recovery. Honestly post like yours have help as much as Suboxone itself in getting us thru this. As we get closer to jumping from the Subs anxiety creeps in a little. Not a fear as much as just not knowing what is waiting for us. Yes I have read many other post on this & other boards but to read replies from others that are taking the steps close to the same time as we are just seem to hit closer to home. It seem like a long time ago when it was really only about 4-weeks ago that I felt every post I was reading about Suboxone use and getting off of it was negative. It had me so scared and thinking that Suboxone was the wrong way to try kicking the Oxy's ,, I'm So very happy now that we followed thru though. Yes it may still get unpleasant over the next few weeks for us but so far it has been many times better than I was expecting. We are both in our taper now and neither of us have had any problems whatsoever.

Please , please continue to post.
I will pray for you and your sobriety and I look forward to hearing from you and how you are doing
Old 08-04-2013, 06:02 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you!

Just checking in at Day 4. I'm still doing well. The stomach issues kind of started but nothing too terrible. I think this is more mental than physical. I did have some crying jags yesterday Mostly guilt- lousy mom guilt feelings. I have two tween girls who want to go, go, go. My husband is supportive but has no personal experience with addiction and is busy this weekend. I think deep breaths, shutting out negative thoughts, and trying to stay busy all really help. Before going through w/d, I could just shut myself in a room for 3 days and get over it. Now it isn't that easy.

Still easy, just a different game. Prayers for you and Too! This can be done!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:22 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi YesImReady and Too. Just checking in with you guys, wondering how you're doing and feeling? Still praying and thinking of you both!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:07 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I was on sub for 16 days, my last day was this past Thursday at around 10 am (1 mg) and I feel wonderful! I keep waiting for the withdrawls to set in because I have heard that it sets in about 3 days after your last dose but it has been almost 72 hours and still nothing (knock on wood). Has anyone else tried subs for short term use?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:02 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Congrats pride! There's a thread over on Substance Abuse from someone who only used them for a very short period. I think it is titled 9 days off Oxy and 5 days off sub. I'm 11 days off a quick month taper. I feel pretty good besides some lethargy and a little PAWS yesterday.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

---This post is really for "Lyoness"....I have been on 6 mg. Suboxone for 11 years now. My doctor gives me a month's script with 2 months' refills, so I guess my experience is a LOT different than most of the others I have read here. It was never offered/suggested to me that I would ever be on "short-term" Sub use. ...I am NOT a doctor, or offering medical advice in any way, shape or form, just my own experience....Being on Sub maintenence SO MUCH BEATS THE HECK out of being addicted to stronger narcotics (for me). My life used to be built around pills--when/where to get them, etc. With Sub, I've actually FORGOTTEN for many days at a time to take it---with NO side effects, by the way (that would NEVER have happened with percocet).....I wish to stop using Sub now, and due to past experiences (i.e. forgetting to take it), know I can....but (for me, at least), that's where Sub has been so helpful. I have a severe autoimmune disease, and have had several operations during the 10 years I've been on Sub. Just knowing that it's there, after I've had 5 days of strong opiates for the surgery, has been an incredible blessing---I KNEW I wouldn't relapse. Lyoness, you and I are the same age--my doc always says, "Know yourself." I KNEW 6 years ago, I wasn't ready to "quit" Sub. I think I can now.......................
Old 08-12-2013, 08:01 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

x
Old 08-13-2013, 07:20 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fancyfee View Post
Hi YesImReady and Too. Just checking in with you guys, wondering how you're doing and feeling? Still praying and thinking of you both!
Thanks Fancy , we are both doing great , keeping very busy at work and on the weekends. Movies , dinners and all the stuff we couldn't afford when we were throwing our money away on the Oxy's , we are tapering down together, though I only take 1/2 what the doctors are prescribing and getting ready to jump within the next 4 weeks. Being that I have been taking so much less than prescribed I have 50 2mg more than I should. Not sure if I want to hold on to them or dump them so I don't get tempted after I decide to jump. That is the toughest decision in my life right now , so how about you ? How are things going with you ?
Old 08-13-2013, 07:26 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Yay! So happy for you both! I'm doing pretty good. 12 days off the subs and really only dealing with the energy drain. That's probably cumulative from the pills and subs though.
Old 08-13-2013, 07:32 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

12 days , that great & I'm jealous , I want so bad to say I'm off all meds. I can still remember the first time I said to myself out loud I'm off the Opiates , knowing in my heart I meant it and how that felt. Now I want to do the same with these Subs.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I just realized today is actually 13 days lol! There's a little brain fog side effect You'll get there! Even if it takes you a little longer to work through things, that's totally fine. I'm a little worried about when I go back to work in September because I'm on my feet for basically 8 hours. Not a super physical job but I need my energy and will need to manage any pain with non narcotic pain relief.