Old 08-12-2013, 07:51 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Shineon61

---This post is really for "Lyoness"....I have been on 6 mg. Suboxone for 11 years now. My doctor gives me a month's script with 2 months' refills, so I guess my experience is a LOT different than most of the others I have read here. It was never offered/suggested to me that I would ever be on "short-term" Sub use. ...I am NOT a doctor, or offering medical advice in any way, shape or form, just my own experience....Being on Sub maintenence SO MUCH BEATS THE HECK out of being addicted to stronger narcotics (for me). My life used to be built around pills--when/where to get them, etc. With Sub, I've actually FORGOTTEN for many days at a time to take it---with NO side effects, by the way (that would NEVER have happened with percocet).....I wish to stop using Sub now, and due to past experiences (i.e. forgetting to take it), know I can....but (for me, at least), that's where Sub has been so helpful. I have a severe autoimmune disease, and have had several operations during the 10 years I've been on Sub. Just knowing that it's there, after I've had 5 days of strong opiates for the surgery, has been an incredible blessing---I KNEW I wouldn't relapse. Lyoness, you and I are the same age--my doc always says, "Know yourself." I KNEW 6 years ago, I wasn't ready to "quit" Sub. I think I can now.......................