Notices

Hello Forum! My First Post: Taking the plunge off Subs, day 2

Old 07-26-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Alright day today.. Slept about the same, woke up at 5 but was able to catch a couple more hours. No motivation to ride the bike though. I feel lazy! Was so tired allllll day. I was busy at work tonight, so that def helped me to get active and I feel pretty good now.

Twin: we got a week!! Woo hoo!! We got this!!

I really wanted to quit subs many, many months ago, but kept postponing because i read all these horror stories about having physical symptoms for an
extended period of time. Then about a week and a half ago I read something positive that said no, it won't take months to get through the w/d's, etc. I knw everyone and every kick is different, but I am just feeling so good about myself that I am doing this!!! And if we can inspire the confidence in one other person that they too can be free, then that's awesome.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Congrats on you all. Dragonfire keep pushing and hang in there. You got it.Thanks for your post and support. Same to all on this thread. I don't know. This may take a month or a year, but whatever I'm getting out. I was tired today. Sneezes, runny nose and all the other unmentionables. Going to take the next 3 days without anything. Oh, oh oh. I hope it's not worse.

I remember back in the day the phrase often on bumper stickers. Searching for the eternal Buzz. Obviously hasn't happened. But there sure is eternal feeling like c rap it seems. What the h ell. Just ramping,raving and stomping feet mad. Best to everyone.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Congrats twins on 1 week! As Albiet said...It would just be silly to turn around now!

Today was day 11 for me, and I feel really, really good.

@Ollie - Great job successfully tapering. Hopefully it wont be that bad since you tapered down. I know people say it takes months and years to feel better - but at least for me - I feel better now.

Stay strong everyone!
Old 07-27-2012, 01:28 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Hey guys. F'n storms woke me up at 2am... been trying to get back to sleep since. Finally got out of bed to distract myself for a bit, hoping I might catch an hour or two of sleep before work.

If past experience is any guide (albeit, been years since I've done anything except sleep like a rock through the night), I will be dead sleepy about the time the sun comes up.

@Finally. 1 Week! Great job us! I'm actually feeling pretty darn good at the moment... part of the reason I can't sleep. My body is like, wow I'm feeling great and ready to be up and doing stuff. So, even though insomnia sucks, its still kind of a good thing I guess.

@Ollie - Great job on the taper! There is no such thing as the eternal buzz... its called Chasing the Dragon for a reason. Think of how much work we put into chasing that dragon... at least for me, if I have to do anything less than an equal amount of work to be well again, I'll consider it a bonus. If I have to do more work, so be it. You got this man.

@Broken... how's your sleep going @ day 11? I'm gonna start melatonin tonight to see if it helps me.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:03 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Yea sleep is still the biggest problem. My doctor prescribed me Trazadone to help me sleep (its an antidepressant/sleep aid that is allegedly non-addictive) but it has not helped and I stopped taking it after 2 nights. I have been taking up to 4 melatonin a night since. Some nights are better than others. Most are bad.

I have a 10 month old baby (I cant help but mention that I did not use at ALL during the pregnancy...but back on ever since ) so poor sleep has become the norm. She has croup right now so sleep is few and far between.

So far today is not so good. I had to cancel all my plans for the day since my baby is sick. I have a hard time being home alone all day. I am incredibly irritable for some reason. This is the first day that taking something seems appealing. Although I know it will ultimately make everything worse.

Hope everyone else is having a wonderful Friday!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Oh, I'm not too far removed from those days (3 yr old & 1.5 yr old)... Hang in there, it WILL pass!

I'm having the best day yet, I"m happy to say... even with the lack of sleep and symptoms, I'm in a pretty good mood. I hope the rest of your day goes better!
Old 07-27-2012, 04:09 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I just wanna say that I've been following this thread, almost since it started, and to be honest at first it had me more afraid of detoxing. However, every day I am reading more positive than negative and from this thread is so much inspiration... I just wanted to thank dragon for starting it and all others for adding to it... I have never been so inspired to start detox... Thanks ya'll!!
Old 07-27-2012, 06:59 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

WOOHOO! ANOTHER DAY UNDER YOUR BELT, both Finally and Dragonfire!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:05 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

See my blog for all the details, but the rest of the day just kept improving exponentially. I am no longer afraid of this. I crave it. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and see just how good good can get.

I feel like I'm going to sleep like a million bucks tonight. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:47 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Dragonfire you are a big inspiration here. I'm going to check your blog after this post.
So glad to hear your positive words along with how it's going. Keep on. You got this.
@brokenlilhorse Thanks for your kind words and stay strong. This may take some doings
but let's do it.Onward.
@ironmaiden Yes this takes the effort but jump on board. Good to here from you.
Same to you albeitslowly. Good taking to you on chat. Best to all.
and Finally you as well.
I'm still on the .25mg crumbs, but skipping the next three days. I'll let you know
if this tapering works or not. So far I have the symptoms, but am at least able to sleep. That's the part I'm wondering about when I quit all dosage.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:15 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

Good morning world! I took melatonin and valerian root before going to bed last night. Let me tell you valerian root smells POTENTLY like stinky feet. I had to scrub my hands and use mouthwash just from handling/taking the capsules to get the smell/taste away. But I fell asleep at 11pm, woke up a few times overnight but was able to go back to sleep each time, and slept until 7am!!! WOOO HOOO SLEEP! (although I think I'll just do the melatonin tonight)

Still had the runs this morning, although I probably didn't help anything by going a little overboard eating a bunch of strawberries last night. They were sooooooo goood. Let me also say I'm not taking any immodium for the runs... it makes me feel very bloated and yucky all day when I take it, so I prefer just having the runs in the morning and getting it over with, as opposed to feeling yucky all day from the medicine.

The best news I have to report is no anxiety or craving this morning! I'm pretty sore from all the exercise yesterday (probably overdid it a little after weeks of inactivity).

@Ollie... way to go man. I'm very proud of you. I had to jump @ 1mg/day cuz I didn't have the willpower to skip days (I had originally planned to do as you are, but just couldn't manage it... got down to my last 8mg strip and said, well, here we go for better or worse). So, I'm hoping that since you are getting many of the detox symptoms now, that it goes much easier for you once you make the final jump.

Hate that I missed the chat! I keep popping in there from time to time, but have not once seen any activity, even when people are in there.

Have a great day people! I know I will be. I wish the success I have found on each and every one of you. I am with you in spirit! Keep fighting the good fight. Remember, it is worth it. If it gets hard, and I know it does sometimes, just try to think of the payoff. I promise you it is worth it.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:51 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

How amazing are you guys??? I haven't dropped onto this thread for a couple of days and can't believe how much it's grown. It's so cool to read from the outside - you're all giving each other such amazing support i almost feel weird posting here!

I just wanted to add a note about the sleep: when my husband got clean of a whacking daily dose of codeine that he'd been taking for close to 20 years, sleeping was definitely an issue. He started the pills when he was about 14, and realised fairly recently that this meant he'd never really experienced normal anything as an adult (man, we'll get to emotions another day...!) let alone sleep.

It took close to a couple of months for his sleep patterns to really settle, but they did improve steadily through that time. The best treatment he found for it was just getting up early - he started getting up at 0530, and slept like a baby. It cured my insomnia too haha!

Hang in there, great people, I'm really rooting for you

Love you,

Still
xxx
Old 07-28-2012, 07:18 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Hey everyone, still here, still doing good. Busy day yesterday so I had no time to check in, but here begins day 9!

Feeling really good today (and yesterday), woke up once at 5, but fell right back asleep

I am now at a point where I feel better than I ever thought in the morning. I was on pain pills and then subutex for a total of 4 years, so I kind of forgot how great you can feel in the morning. Haven't experienced it for a long time
Old 07-28-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Yeah, dude I love waking up now. And going to bed. Bed generally is just good these days, and for many different reasons

Well done on day 9, and bring on day 10!

xxx
Old 07-28-2012, 04:52 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I only have a sec to post...we have a ton of company this weekend...but I wanted to check in. Congrats everyone on staying strong!! Gosh, Dragon, I have no idea how you do it with 2 young children. Keep staying strong for them...and yourself!

Today is day 13 for me. I am incredibly proud as I overcame the worst craving ever yesterday and 2 direct offers for pills.

Love to all.
Old 07-28-2012, 05:48 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

@broken... wife & kids have been out of town, won't be back until next week. Specifically why I did this now.

I've had a great day, but I'm tuckered out. Got the clothesline posts in the ground & anchored... got rid of the tree, cut the grass... I'm beat.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:37 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Great job Broken, turning down direct offers is HARD!! So proud

I am also beat..in a good way. Got a lot done today. Bought some things for my classroom, cleaned my house which was getting semi-neglected, now I'm cuddling with the doggy watching the Olympics Who needs drugs?! Not me!!

Good luck and good night everyone!! Sweet dreams and another great day tomorrow for all!!
Old 07-29-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

@Finally - isnt it funny...I have been on and off pills for so many years or sober but pregnant that on day 6 I wanted to say that I was completely back to normal, but shoot, I dont remember what that is!!

Everyone sounds like they are going strong and I am so proud of each and everyone of you. I know we each have ups and downs thru the day, but when I am at a low point, I remind myself how proud I will be to post another day sober here. Today is day 14. It feels like years ago!

Isnt it inspiring watching the Olympics? These athletes are so dedicated that it inspires me.

Nighty night all.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:20 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Broken: I know, I was gonna say the same thing! Today begins day 11, and I feel back to normal...I think!! Whatever normal is lol. All I know is that I feel great when I wake up, truely refreshed And thank God for that, because I have workshops all this week, 8am-5pm, that I *really* need to pay attention to!! Have a great day boys and girls!
Old 07-30-2012, 04:13 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Resident Alien

@Broken... holy crap I missed that about the direct offers... ugh. That's awesome! And one of the hardest things about staying sober... I hope I do as well when my time comes.

I'm jealous of you a**holes who feel great in the mornings! Mornings toughest for me... anxiety tries to hit immediately on waking. That and the runs... Evenings have been generally when I feel my best. I'm glad someone at least is not struggling with mornings like I am. Time for work! Day 11 begins... great job to all of us hanging in there! We're doing it!