Patcha's Daily Precept Vow - feel free to join in!

Old 08-09-2021, 02:24 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 08-10-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 08-11-2021, 01:57 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.

“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That’s the message he is sending.” - Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 08-12-2021, 02:18 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.

“The point is that we can dissolve the sense of dualism between us and them, between this and that, between here and there, by moving toward what we find difficult and wish to push away.” - Pema Chodron
Old 08-13-2021, 01:31 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

"We think that the point is to pass the test or overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don't really get solved. They come together and then they fall apart." - Pema Chodron.
Old 08-14-2021, 01:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

“Impermanence and selflessness are not negative aspect of life, but the very foundation on which life is built. Impermanence is the constant transformation of things. Without impermanence, there can be no life. Selflessness is the interdependent nature of all things. Without interdependence, nothing could exist.” - Thich Nhat Hanh.
Old 08-15-2021, 01:38 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

“Most of us do not take these [difficult] situations as teachings. We automatically hate them. We run like crazy. We use all kinds of ways to escape—all addictions stem from this moment when we meet our edge and we just can’t stand it. We feel we have to soften it, pad it with something, and we become addicted to whatever it is that seems to ease the pain.” - Pema Chodron
Old 08-16-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Old 08-17-2021, 01:54 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept, to abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.

“…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.” Pema Chödrön
Old 08-17-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept, to abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.

“…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.” Pema Chödrön
Old 08-18-2021, 01:40 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

When we resist change, it's called suffering.But when we can completely let go and not struggle against it, when we can embrace the groundlessness of our situation and relax into its dynamic quality, that's called enlightenment.” - Pema Chodron.
Old 08-19-2021, 01:46 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of suffering for all beings.
Old 08-20-2021, 02:04 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of suffering for all beings.
Old 08-21-2021, 01:55 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

“What we have to learn, in both meditation and in life, is to be free of attachment to the good experiences, and free of aversion to the negative ones.” - Sogyal Rinpoche
Old 08-23-2021, 12:11 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditations to the end of suffering and addiction for all beings.
Old 08-24-2021, 01:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Old 08-25-2021, 02:10 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Old 08-26-2021, 02:22 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

"The trick is to keep exploring and not bail out, even when we find out that something is not what we thought. That’s what we’re going to discover again and again and again. Nothing is what we thought." - Pema Chodron
Old 08-27-2021, 01:34 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

"It is said that God has created man in his own image. But it may be that humankind has created God in the image of humankind." - Thich Nhat Hanh
Old 08-28-2021, 01:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

"It is not impermanence that makes us suffer. What makes us suffer is wanting things to be permanent, when they are not." - Thich Nhat Hanh