Patcha's Daily Precept Vow - feel free to join in!

Old 08-29-2021, 01:27 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings."Each step may seem to take forever, but no matter how uninspired you feel, continue to follow your practice schedule precisely and consistently. This is how we can use our greatest enemy, habit, against itself.- Dzongsar Jamyang Khyentse Rinpoche (also known as Khyentse Norbu, a filmmaker and writer. If you haven't seen his movie, The Cup, go see it immediately.)
Old 08-30-2021, 01:44 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.

"It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others." - Dalai Lama
Old 08-31-2021, 05:04 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-01-2021, 02:29 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept, to abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-02-2021, 04:16 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept, to abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation practice to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-03-2021, 02:03 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Old 09-04-2021, 04:23 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

"Set the right intention in your meditation.Intention is everything. Why are you sitting down to meditate? What’s your motivation for reading this? If it’s just to benefit yourself, fine. But if you set the intention to benefit others too, you’ll find the whole process even more transformative. Part of the cause of all your sufferings is excessive focus on me, me, me. As we consider how our meditation practice can benefit others, the feel of the meditation changes, in a good way." - Gelong Thubten
Old 09-05-2021, 02:09 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know.” - Pema Chodron.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:49 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

"Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth." - Pema Chodron
Old 09-07-2021, 04:50 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

“Most of us do not take these [difficult] situations as teachings. We automatically hate them. We run like crazy. We use all kinds of ways to escape—all addictions stem from this moment when we meet our edge and we just can’t stand it. We feel we have to soften it, pad it with something, and we become addicted to whatever it is that seems to ease the pain.” - Pema Chodron
Old 09-08-2021, 03:53 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Old 09-09-2021, 02:16 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Old 09-10-2021, 04:36 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Old 09-11-2021, 02:08 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants (alcohol, processed carbs, excess sugar). I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:11 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings."To see our own mind clearly, without being caught up in its movement, to watch thought without trying to do anything with or about it, simply seeing it and letting it go, this is the way to freedom." - Luang Por Teean

Old 09-13-2021, 03:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Today I vow to abstain from intoxicants and keep the 5th precept. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-14-2021, 05:21 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my daily meditation to the ending of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:52 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Old 09-16-2021, 05:23 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Today I vow to keep the 5th precept and abstain from intoxicants. I dedicate the merit of my meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.
Old 09-17-2021, 06:40 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Today I vow to abstain from intoxicants and keep the 5th precept. I dedicate the merit of my meditation to the end of addiction and suffering for all beings.