It's all about me Part 4

Old 04-05-2015, 09:43 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Happy Easter everyone :-)

For me just a sunday like all others since i'm away from my family. But i hope you all have fun and enjoy the time with your families!
Old 04-05-2015, 09:24 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hello!
Hope everyone had a happy Easter! It looks like it. Wow charley you really got industrious hiding all those eggs. Glad your kiddos enjoyed finding them. Cute what your daughter said about it being too freakin early! Lol Funny how teens are so much alike...and toddlers too for that matter. Ha! Speaking of....allfor I'm waiting for your Easter Bunny story. Does it top your Santa one?

Blue how did it go at your house? Waiting for your story. TOD did you and Jethro do anything special?

We had a quiet Easter. Not much celebrating....but no vomiting either! So that was good. My husband told my kids not to have dairy while taking antibiotics. Never realized how much "dairy" the kids ate...until searching for alternatives! Ugh! Not easy! Why oh Why?

But we could not have asked for better weather! It was a balmy 57 degrees today. Just a lovely sunny spring day! Butter was it nice up there? So hubs and I spent most of the say outdoors. Lots of spring cleaning to do out in the yard. Never had so much yard work before buying the house. But it's nice to go out there and know it's yours.

Alright....exhausted...see you tomorrow!
Old 04-06-2015, 01:17 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Ahhhhhh Easter has come to an end for another year! Kids waking up to a basket full of candy! Getting all hyped up on sugar first thing in the morning! Give them a paint brush and turn them loose! LOL

I've been staying up later each day and sleeping later into the night. Trying to work on getting back on daytime hours! Such a pain! Jethro laid down with LiL Maria at 1:00 PM for a nap. He no sooner got laid down and came out here to tell me his daughter had sent him a text saying get ready we'll be there in an hour. Oh Hell NO! I was right at the end of a movie and was going to head to bed after it ended. It drives me nuts with the way she'll just decide to come over at the drop of her decisions. I have to have time to get everything picked up around the living room so the kids don't get into stuff! I have to get all the edible goodies they can see put up too! Jethro does nothing to get ready for them.

They were going to Bass Pro and wanted Jethro to go with them. She knew I was probably asleep! Close! But not yet! Well they drove up an hour later and I went in to tell Jethro they were here. He was sound asleep! Well good God! I woke him up and he said to tell them he'd go with them. Well what happened to the earlier conversation they were having? He keeps me confused! So he leaves and now there's Maria all rested and wanting to go outside! So I got my coat on and took her out! We stayed out for about 30 minutes and then I brought her back inside. I told her momma was going night night and she started showing her night night ways. So I took her to bed with me. I woke up at 9:40 PM! I got Maria up and handed her off to Jethro!

Jethro is going to the Unemployment office tomorrow! Monday! He's just about decided he's not wanting to do a repeat with the boss of the last year's BS. He told me: "If we had $230,000.00 dollars we could buy the property down the road and set up his own shop!" Ummmmmm "You gonna take that cut grass blades and make money with it?" He's 57 years old and close to the SS age! What IS he thinking? If we had that kind of money we could have bought the property beside us! Geeeezzzzz

I hate that he won't be working at this place anymore. BUT? It's for the best! He ran into a customer today that buys parts there. The guy was happy to see him and asked why he wasn't working there anymore? After some talking the guy told him: "The only reason I even go there is when I'm desparate for a part. I'd never take my equipment there to be worked on!" Holy Cow! It's a known fact! Lies will ruin a person and their business. Honesty will earn a person loads of respect and lots of customers. When I worked at the OCS office with SGT Stupid. I had Officer candidates jumping my butt in a playful but serious manner over letting HER answer the phone and me not doing it. I told them: "A person has to go to the bathroom every once in awhile!" She couldn't answer their questions and would screw so many things up that they were requesting. I'd search the world over to get their answers for them. When she got asked by our boss why something wasn't done? She'd say: "Ask SGT TOD! She's the one that didn't get it done!" Say WHAT? She took the phone call! I knew nothing about it! ARGH! She's no longer allowed in the Active Duty Army Guard or anywhere else with the military!

Charley: Did you hide those eggs in the house? I know that's what ppl do in snow areas due to when I lived in WI! That was the strangest thing to me the first year I was there for Easter. We've always hid eggs outside in bushes and tall grassy areas. We adults would take turns hiding the eggs and then another adult would walk around with the kids to look for them! Did any of y'all get bubbles for your kids? The soapy liquid kind you use wands with!
.....I'm sure that was a bummer and a disappointment with H's episode right before supper! Jethro's breathing was overwhelming him today while getting ready to go meet the kids at Bass Pro! Sure sign of he took a pain pill. And he thinks he's hiding it from me. Too many signs he puts off to show me when he's taken them. When I got up this evening he went walking in front of me and he was hobbling on his leg. With his extra weight on those two knees having been operated on and the useless pain meds he's popping? He looked awful! I'm so tired of trying to wake him up as to what the pain pills are doing to him. And so tired of living with the effects they put him in. Sigh!

Blue: How did your full house turn out? Did you have them visit the cottage and the squirrels? Did you ask the elder grandpa questions about any of those tools?

Cleanin: Strep throat is so painful! And so contagious! I've had it once. It was when I was a senior in High School. My typing class teacher sent me to see the nurse and mom was called to come pick me up to go straight to the doctor's office. It took me three days to feel better after getting the medicine!
.....Mom was given some medicine for her bacterial infection last week. One of the three broke her mouth out in sores. She also has a problem with any chemical smells. Like the one we use around here on ants. It makes her tongue swell! Lots of perfumes give her bad migraine headaches too. I have the same problem with the perfumes. But I don't have a problem with anything else. I worked in an office one time where this woman must have taken a bath in her perfume. Several of us complained to the Supervisor and the woman toned it down. Thank goodness it was a huge place and I could get away from her most of the time.
.....Speaking of ant poison? I now have to get areas in the kitchen sprayed. ARGH! The little black ants have found the kitchen. Damn it! I was only dealing with them in the bathroom. I solved that problem. Now they've moved to the kitchen. I said something to Jethro about them and his answer was: "Well kill them!" Well Jethro? I wouldn't have to worry about them if you'd get off your azz and start getting things FIXED on this home of ours! Just pizzes me off! And with that being said?

I better get busy!

TOD
Old 04-06-2015, 11:22 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Greetings from the infirmary! Haha! Naw, kids are feeling better today. Still some stuffy noses and coughs but the fevers and sore throats are gone. It's unseasonably warm today too. They are saying to get out enjoy because it's getting cold again. The rest of the week is supposed to be cold and rainy. I already did a couple loads of laundry to hang outdoors. It's our bedding. I will open all the windows too and air out the house. I'm sooo ready for spring!!! If I had the car I'd go to the beach! If just to go for a walk on it. Maybe I can talk hubs into going with me when he gets home from work? I feel like I'm ready to get out of hibernation. Dova had a nice run around the backyard while I was out there hanging clothes. He must be just as excited to see warm sunny weather as I am! His binky (happy dance) told the story! Ha!

TOD I hope all goes well for Jethro at the unemployment office. Maybe he can do a little business at home? He has the space and by what you've written, he's always fixing things for people. But I'll bet if he designs himself a nice webpage and you all know quite a few people. (Word of mouth) He might get a few regular clients? I know it's not easy having a man home from work when he's used to working. It's HELL on Earth! I've gone thru this a few times with my husband. Ugh! I dread the day he retires. Don't get me wrong I love him dearly....and it isn't about the money either. It's about his psychi or whatever you want to call it. Something switches in his brain when he's not employed. Not to mention too much togetherness. Ha!

Speaking of brain switching....I have a rant. Ok, as you know, yesterday was a beautiful spring day. So hubs and I spent the day outside cleaning the yard. Now, one of my complaints about him is that he can not remain focused on one set project. For instance, raking leaves. He can't just rake them into piles and bag them and put them out. Nope! He will rake a small portion of the leaves into a pile and then next I look he's dragging out the electric hedge clippers and clipping the hedges. Ok? But it doesn't stop there. Next, thing he'll do is drop that task and start putting the house plants outside to bake in the sun! (had to go out and rescue them, once he moved on to his next project) So then he took out a book shelf that was in the garage. We found it at a flea market and hadn't cleaned it yet....so he starts spraying it with the hose. Alright, so now you get the picture right? Why does he do that? Is this a disorder or what? If I mention it he gets upset and not only that but he gets cranky and wants to drag us all into his weird project of the moment. It's like he thinks if he starts something, then we will complete it and he's done his fair share? WTH???? Yesterday, he got all bent out of shape when he called his son (sick with strep throat) didn't jump and run outside when he called him to help him? I told him....do not expect him to help you!! He is sick!! So then my daughter who was sick too....went out to carry in the shelf. By that time he was already upset that when he calls no one comes. True my son doesn't seem too sick to play video games...but too sick to go downstairs to get his Dad's safety glasses? I tried to stay out of it....just mentioned that he's sick and do not expect him to help outside.
Then after all this he went into our bedroom, rearranged and fixed his bookshelf. Seemed to pout for awhile. Came out in time for dinner as if nothing happened?
So what do you think? What does this mean? Why couldn't he just enjoy the beautiful weather? I really, don't mind that he goes from one project to another anymore because it's just the way he is...never changed no matter how much I pointed it out. But this dragging others into his chaos and getting grumpy when they don't do exactly what he wants or fast enough that upsets me and causes a huge fight each time. But all thoughts on this are appreciated.

Alright, that was an unintentional rant. It's just that it bugs me because I can't stand someone picking at my kids. Even if the one picking is their Dad. They don't want me to get involved either and say I'm going to make things worse. True...which is why I'm trying to stay out of it now that they are older and speak up for themselves. Plus, I am not against kids helping their father and doing chores around the house. I do not want my kids to be lazy. It's not about that!

It's about the Drill Sargent he becomes when they do help! The picking on them to hurry up and the constant critique that gets me! It's more at my son than any of them? Idk if it's his way of "making a man" out of him or what? Am I wrong to be so coddling? Am I interfering with some sort of man thing?

Blue I'm waiting for your Easter story! Yours too Allfor!!! Are you guys back to work?
Charley, did hubby remain loop-free yesterday? I hope so!
Old 04-06-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

LOOK! It's 2:00 PM and TOD's still awake!

Speaking of brain switching....I have a rant. Ok, as you know, yesterday was a beautiful spring day. So hubs and I spent the day outside cleaning the yard. Now, one of my complaints about him is that he can not remain focused on one set project. For instance, racking leaves. He can't just rake them into piles and bag them and put them out. Nope! He will rake a small portion of the leaves into a pile and then next I look he's dragging out the electric hedge clippers and clipping the hedges. Ok? But it doesn't stop there. Next, thing he'll do is drop that task and start putting the house plants outside to bake in the sun! (had to go out and rescue them, once he moved on to his next project) So then he took out a book shelf that was in the garage. We found it at a flea market and hadn't cleaned it yet....so he starts spraying it with the hose. Alright, so now you get the picture right? Why does he do that? Is this a disorder or what? If I mention it he gets upset and not only that but he gets cranky and wants to drag us all into his weird project of the moment. It's like he thinks if he starts something, then we will complete it and he's done his fair share? WTH????

Does this help?

I'll have to get back to ya later! I'm busy right now!

TOD
Old 04-06-2015, 01:15 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy Easter Monday! We are still on holiday here, our house is empty of relatives and we have been lazy all morning and really enjoying it.

First to my cooking! I cooked two dishes my mom would normally do. I prepped them on Saturday night and then cooked them on Sunday. I made the carrot cake with the special decorative carrots on top and lots of cream cheese frosting, a banana pudding the cold kind not the hot and I had the idea to add colorful sprinkles to it, looked pretty! I baked a pre-made cherry pie too. Husbunny went to one of those special stores that sell spiral honeybaked hams. It was sliced and everything so all I had to do was warm it up. My mom and sis made some things too. Ahh the deviled eggs. I cooked some on Saturday and accidentally left them out all night by accident, so I had differing opinions on if they should be used, but went with the official recommendation of the USDA because well I figure they know best the safest way to proceed. I cooked more! Didnt want to risk poisoning anyone. But I had the idea for people to color these other eggs. There's no reason adults cant color eggs! And husbunny thought it would be fun to see his dad attempting this! Obviously this was all the incentive I needed! I set up an egg coloring station. There was some reluctance because of his mom worrying her clothes would be stained and grandma was hesitant too. What is it with these women? The men appeared to enjoy it and got creative. See they just need a push to express their creativity! I think everyone had a great day at our house. Yes we took people outside and showed them Jaguars trees and the new cottage. Its mostly all done now except Ive got to work some on the inside and make it how I want it. The worker guys primed it inside but I need to pick a paint color and stuff. I think I can paint it myself after I do this. We didnt have any kids at our Easter. I thought encouraging the adults to hunt eggs might be too much.

We also checked on those older people I told you guys about, the weird dream! I took them an Easter Lily plant and some cookies. Told them the truth, Id been decorating to have people over and had some extras. They both appear ok, and they have just bought a new car. The husband was showing it off to Mr Blue, its kinda a fancy thing. Looks safe too, so hopefully they are both actually fine and all is good.

I got to thinking Tod, maybe because Ive been going through all those old toolbox treasures this has someway been connected? Thinking of the past and how many generations of people have come and gone, had once held some of those things in their hands. Yes, I got some of them out and showed them off. I hadnt even noticed but these one set of aged tools have the markings of a horseshoe company on there. His grandparents told lots of stories and it was really cool. Mr Blue shared the story with everyone about how he came home to find me tearing apart the push mower, and how I ripped it to bits! Hahaha that wasnt true! I only broke it down enough to get it in the bin. So if they had any resentments over egg coloring I guess they were able to laugh them away during this.

But you know what I realized, I think its the first time both sides of our families plus grandparents and my sis and all have been together under one roof in a long time. Husbunny took a moment towards the end of dinner and thanked everyone on our behalf for coming, and he thanked them all for their support the past year half. He thanked them for being tnere for him and for me, especially for me when he couldnt be. He made this awesome speech.
And I realized everyone has moved beyond it, forgiven, and there is no more addiction or recovery living in our house. There's just a memory of all that happened.

I have to think about this, its good. But maybe Im doing some things wrong. Not for today to figure out as its a lazy day, maybe when Im back to work then I will let my thoughts drift.

Sorry much longer than I intended!

Tod, I will show you some more pics and some stuff I learned about the toolbox treasures soon. I dont like it when people stop by without calling either. Dont like it when they call and say Im on the way and will be there in 15 minutes. Like what I might not have anything else going on? Maybe Im hanging with my squirrels, doing yoga, or still in my pj's. I didnt even do this to the older couple and the lily. I called first and said Id stop by when it was convenient. She said anytime, but still I asked. I actually thought they would think I was weird showing up on their door like that with no call. Its not my normal thing!

Clean, sorry your kids have been sick. I love freshly aired linens, and hope all the puking is done at your house! I hope you and Mr Clean can take a drive, walk on the beach today, or do something fun together. Hes always been this way when he works? Maybe it was how his dad did things? Looks like he targets his son and wants an apprentice? Hmm sound familiar? Ha! But hes kinda doing the same thing, not calling and asking in advance with the kids. Like lets have a few hours tomorrow with us all working. He would probably get better buy in. Mpre than yelling during a video game for kids to come help. I kinda think you have it right. He starts raking, but then figures You got that so he will move on to something else. Your thinking umm we are raking here not just me. And his eyes appear big. He wants to get involved in so much and then delegate. He needs a staff!

I want to hear Allfor Easter too, little kids are so cute. You and Charley are lucky!

Charley, You hid a lot of eggs. Were there treats in all of them? Does he get hyper on sugar? Im sorry about dinner on Friday. I hope the weekend had good moments with Mr Charley feeling better. ((Charley))

Butter, what are u up to? Crash any egg hunts? Meet a cute Easter Bunny anywhere? What would it be like if the Easter Bunny put those holes in his ears and yet still carried a basket of pastel eggs?
Old 04-06-2015, 05:40 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Thanks TOD! Blue you made me laugh! It's so funny how well you know my hubby! I agree....he needs a staff! Ha! Just a little background on my husband. He is the oldest of 7 siblings. I believe that has something to do with it. Exactly! If he would have planned a day for yard work ahead of time he would have gotten a lot more cooperation! Oh well, it is what it is.

I loved how you planned a great day of Easter activities for your family. So cute and would have loved watching your husband's Dad paint eggs! That would be a gem! Ha! One to hand down to the grand kids! Lol your cherry pie sounds yummy. Good idea purchasing the Ham at one of those places! That really takes the stress out of it! So glad you were able to give then the grand tour of jaguars trees and your new cottage. I'll bet it was beautiful! Thanks for coming back and staring the details of your day with us! So enjoy reading about it. Especially the emotional part where husbunny thanked everyone for being there for you...."when he couldn't!" I would have melted if it were mine that said that. So sweet Blue! You've got a wonderful guy there! So happy that addiction and all related to it is far behind you now! It looks as if you've come to the end of a chapter in your life. Time to close that one and begin a new one!

Butter??? How are you? Charley??? Allfor??? I'm missing you guys!
Old 04-06-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

Earlier at 2:00 PM when I said I was busy? Oh Man! I didn't know JUST how busy I was going to be! There's been this patch of weeds I've been wanting to get pulled up in the dog pen along side the chicken pen for a LONG time! Well the damned suckers wouldn't budge out of the wet dirt! I was like: "You have GOT to be kidding me?" So I went after the shovel and limb cutters to take down a few limbs too. Jethro asked me as I passed by him: "Where you going?" I said: "To the dog pen!" and kept walking!

I'd shovel a few of them and then pull them out and throw them in a bucket. The bigger/older ones have like 10 roots to each tiny stalk! They are a PAIN to dig up! Each stalk produces around 50 seed pods. They would take over the place if I didn't keep them weeded out! Jethro came out and started helping me. I'd already asked him to put the netting over the third pen so I could start using it again. He'd already gotten that done for me. So after getting all the weeds dug up as well as the friggin sticker bushes? I started dragging! So was Jethro! I took the bucket and turned it upside down for him to sit down. Maria was standing by the gate with one foot in the air so I picked her up and set her on his lap. I had gotten up at 9:40 PM the night before and hadn't seen my bed since then. He asked me what else I wanted done while sitting on the upside down bucket with Maria in his lap. She was napping! LOL I said: "Well? I want to get this dog pen cleaned up! It's too snakey back here!" So? He got up and back to work we went. He picked up the stack of logs we had just worked all around to get the weeds up and pitched them on the burn pile. Ik Ik Backwards, but I didn't know he would do that! Then he pulled the dog igloo off the blocks and started moving the blocks to another spot. So I moved the blocks for him. Then he got his battery operated saw and started cutting limbs off trees.

OMG! I was SOOOO DONE by the time I pitched five large limbs on the burn pile? I wasn't sure I could finish the rest of it. He saw I was getting slower and slower and slower! LOL He took the limbs when I got to the burn pile and pitched them on there for me! Thank you Jethro! LOL Then he helped me get the rest of them.

We managed to get all the stuff picked up and put up. Got the four kids brought back inside too. I ordered a pizza for delivery and then I hit the shower! The pizza arrived shortly after I stepped outside to tell Jethro it wouldn't be long and he said: "I believe it's here now!" Oh yippie skippie! I was starving! He brought the pizza inside and then he headed to the shower himself. We sat down to eat together and then I came out here and collasped in my chair. Man! What a day!

I've already got Molly put to bed and I'm not long in heading that way myself!

Jethro went by his work today and the first words out of his bosses' mouth was: "I believe "female coworker" has everything lined out and back up to snuff!" And there it was! The bosses' reason for telling Jethro not to come in tomorrow! What a snake in the grass! Well? Little did he know the reason why Jethro was there today? He walked up to him and laid the keys to the shop on the counter in front of him. The boss tried handing them back to Jethro! Jethro held his hands up and said: "No!" He turned and walked out. The female coworker was pleading with him not to do that! Jethro told her: "I'm sorry! I can't continue being his whipping boy!"

I have to say: "Jethro acts like a hundred pounds has been lifted off his shoulders!" I'm not worried about surviving w/o two paychecks either.

Cleanin: I'm not sure what to say about your husband's method of working? Compare what he does on the job to doing things around the house! Does he do the same methods? The same style of work? Bouncing from one thing to the next! Can he not concentrate on completing one thing at a time? I have an idea as to what he does on the job, but I'm not going to blurt it out here. Sounds pretty much the same way of doing things. Try looking at it this way: If he does a little raking? That's less you'll have to do! If he trims a little bit? That's less you'll have to do! And so on! And so on! Or mimmick him? If he drops one thing and starts a new project? You do the same thing! We always have good music playing also to make the work more enjoyable!

Blue: Lot's to comment on! I'll have to do that later! My fingers are tired and I'm making too many errors in my typing!

TOD
Old 04-06-2015, 09:18 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

It's been exactly one year! One year ago, i somehow was exhausted enough to fall asleep, despite the fact that my world seemed to collapse and my heart was broken into 1000 pieces. I remember the pain, the confusion, and also the fear i felt in these moments. The man, i was so in love with addicted to Heroin? I couldn't wrap my head around it.

It's been a long year, full of ups and downs, steps forward and backwards, i learned a lot about life, addiction, people, and last but not least about myself.

What lasts from all this? Memories, the memories i have of B and me, the good times we shared on that train and later, they will always have a place in my heart. I think i finally ended the internal war i had with him. Sometimes i miss the person i've known. Maybe, at some point in the future we'll talk again. I hope so! I keep hoping that he will find a way to turn his life around and that he will stay clean!
All the things i have learned from it, they have made me grow and i was able to improve my own well being through them. But the most important things I take with me, are the amazing people i've met through that: Blue, clean and allfor, I wouldn't have made it through that year without you. You've been here every single step of the way, explained, listened, comforted, calmed me down, cheered me up, helped me, supported me, tried to show me that i deserve better - and most importantly you became wonderful friends i wouldn't want to miss! Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart. <3 <3 <3
As i think of it: yes, one year ago i lost a person i cared about, but i did not only meet you guys, the friendship with two of my closest friends became even closer, and maybe i wouldn't have mer two other important people who both brought me forward and showed my each in their own way why B wasn't the right one for me.
It's a special day today, i will try not to dwell on what was but what i am
now: Stronger, happy, healthy, and proud that i made it through that year!
Old 04-07-2015, 10:43 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Awe butter that was so sweet! You have certainly grown and I'm happy to be with you along the way! I am so happy to have met you! You have been a dear friend to me! ((((Butter)))

TOD for the majority of his career he's been in management type positions. So you are right...he probably needed to work in that way. It's funny that you and Blue pointed that out. IDK why I didn't think about that...but went straight to him having some type of ADHD! Lol But it all makes sense now. You are right TOD at least he does some of the work and honestly, he will fix things I can't and if I ask him to help me with something he does. It used to bug me a lot....the last time we owned a house together. But now, after all the problems we've been thru since then, it doesn't anymore. I'm just thankful to have a house again. I'm just going to step back from now on when he gets into his "bossy" mood. The kids are older now, it's not like they can't speak up for themselves. They've assured me that they are not going you be forever emotionally destroyed from that. It must be my own issues! As you all know I have mommy issues! Lol

TOD I'm glad Jethro is relieved about not having to work there anymore. Maybe now is the best time for him to get off the pills? I know I kept prolonging getting off them because of my job. I needed to know I would be off long enough to get thru the withdrawals and discomfort.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hey everyone

Glad to hear everyone had a good Easter. Blue, I love that speech that your husbunny made. And how wonderful that addiction is only a memory in your house now! What a beautiful realization!

Clean, glad to hear your family is feeling healthier! I hate having sick kids, I feel so ineffectual and powerless. I had to lol at your rant, I completely understand it! Just curious, has your husband ever been tested for or suspected of having ADD or ADHD? It might explain the inability to stick to one task. Just a thought.

Tod, sounds like Jethro has had his fill of that job, and maybe Clean is right, now may be a good time, when stress will be low for him, to start to think about quitting those pills.

Butter, a whole year, hey? (((hugs))) I have only known you a few months, but in those months you've become a strong, confident woman. When I first met you , I could see that B still had a huge part of your heart but you've reclaimed that and realized you are meant for someone who will love you right.

Allfor, I bet Easter was fun for you this year! did your son find eggs?

The remainder of our Easter break was good. H was on his best behaviour, and it was very nice. I had the day off yesterday and had a massage, so relaxing.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I wasn't sure if I should even tell H. It's in my office, for a position that's higher than mine right now. I'm qualified but I hate going through the interview process and having to blow my own horn. I'm not good at talking myself up. Plus I work every day with the people who will be doing the interviewing, they know my strengths and weaknesses already so it's kind of a moot point in my opinion. Anyway I had asked H to help me with my resume and he did a great job with it, so I felt obligated to tell him. Last time I applied for a higher position here I didn't tell him, I went through the whole interview process and surprised him after I had accepted the position. I would feel so embarrassed to tell him if I didn't get the job because he's so proud of me and what I've done here, and I don't want to let him down. But in the end I thought I should tell him, especially because I need tonight to prepare for tomorrow, and he has a really good eye for colour and he needs to help me pick out a nice outfit. They've got two full days of interviewing, so a lot of qualified candidates from outside our office plus a couple from inside our office, one I know would be a good fit too, so I'm not expecting to get it.
Old 04-07-2015, 12:03 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Yesterday, H was talking about a new coworker who has a baby daughter named Charley. He asked me to guess her name, and said, "you know, it's the nickname you use" and wow, my heart stopped! I thought, H has been on here and reading things and he promised he wouldn't! But then he went on to say, "when you were in high school and people used to call you that nickname, that's what they named their daughter" and I was so relieved! LOL!
Old 04-07-2015, 12:25 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Oh Charley my heart skipped a beat! You had me freaking out! Lol I'll bet if he reads here he's not happy with me. I've gotten down on him a few times. Whoops I better go hide now.

Good luck on your interview! I'll be praying for you. You deserve the position! I can tell you are more than qualified and the BEST fit! Can't wait to celebrate!
Old 04-07-2015, 01:21 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Charley!
I think its great your interviewing for this position, its good in so many ways. Your qualified and have lots of experience. But sometimes we play down our own capabilities and talk ourselves out of taking these chances maybe because own inner insecurities start talking too loud. But your going for it! And Im so proud of you! I also think its great you took a wall down and shared with your H. Im so relieved he's been able to help and support you. This is how its supposed to be I think. Im wishing you good luck this week!

Ha! We can start calling you Pink? Hahaha Pink and Blue. Then we can get the rest the girls to change their names to colors. I see Buttercup as yellow, go figure! I think Tod would be Green because of the country, trees. Im not sure about Allfor or Clean. What color would you ladies be?
Old 04-07-2015, 01:33 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
It's been exactly one year! One year ago, i somehow was exhausted enough to fall asleep, despite the fact that my world seemed to collapse and my heart was broken into 1000 pieces. I remember the pain, the confusion, and also the fear i felt in these moments. The man, i was so in love with addicted to Heroin? I couldn't wrap my head around it.

It's been a long year, full of ups and downs, steps forward and backwards, i learned a lot about life, addiction, people, and last but not least about myself.

What lasts from all this? Memories, the memories i have of B and me, the good times we shared on that train and later, they will always have a place in my heart. I think i finally ended the internal war i had with him. Sometimes i miss the person i've known. Maybe, at some point in the future we'll talk again. I hope so! I keep hoping that he will find a way to turn his life around and that he will stay clean!
All the things i have learned from it, they have made me grow and i was able to improve my own well being through them. But the most important things I take with me, are the amazing people i've met through that: Blue, clean and allfor, I wouldn't have made it through that year without you. You've been here every single step of the way, explained, listened, comforted, calmed me down, cheered me up, helped me, supported me, tried to show me that i deserve better - and most importantly you became wonderful friends i wouldn't want to miss! Thank you so so much from the bottom of my heart. <3 <3 <3
As i think of it: yes, one year ago i lost a person i cared about, but i did not only meet you guys, the friendship with two of my closest friends became even closer, and maybe i wouldn't have mer two other important people who both brought me forward and showed my each in their own way why B wasn't the right one for me.
It's a special day today, i will try not to dwell on what was but what i am
now: Stronger, happy, healthy, and proud that i made it through that year!
This is a great post Butter! A whole year. Im sooo happy to have met you here despite the circumstances. Your my buddy, and Im always impressed with how you keep pushing forward, following your dreams. You've accomplished so much! I dont know if I would be brave enough to do many of the things you have done. You inspire me!

I respect you soo much for educating yourself on addiction, for the respect you always show B, for knowing hes more than just his addiction, and not becoming angry and bitter but instead seeing the facts and knowing it wasnt a good fit for your life. I know its been a journey, but you appreciate this fact too. ((Butter))
Old 04-07-2015, 01:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

LOL Clean, I'd have more to worry about than you if H started reading here! I have not been the most complimentary to him, but sometimes, he deserved it! Ha!

Thanks for the votes of confidence. I'm not sure how it will go tomorrow, I think my biggest fear is because I work with these people every day, if I say I am good at something, they could be thinking, "ya right, you can't do that even though you said you could!" I have always had a very hard time singing my own praises. I also have a tendency to blush when I'm nervous, and I know I will be bright red for the whole interview! I know they're used to seeing me blush at the drop of a hat, but in a formal interview setting it makes me even more self conscious. Hopefully everyone there will be able to look past it.

Colours ... hmmm ... I do like pink so I'm good with that. If I could be all sparkly and glittery pink that would make me very happy . Blue is blue, of course, and Butter is yellow to me too. Clean I see as bright white, Tod would be good as green and Allfor I've pictured as a calm pastel colour, maybe a calm blue?
Old 04-07-2015, 02:44 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Oh man how funny. I wrote this whole message trying to explain and ask questions about how recovering transitions to recovered. And it got lost. Whats funny is I was asking what value do you think there is in sharing with others as you go through this journey caused by addiction. Maybe it was a sign?
Old 04-07-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I've had a few posts eaten by sr too. Frustrating!

You were asking what value in sharing recovery thru to recovered? For me there is huge value not only in sharing but also learning about what others are going thru and how they are dealing or have dealt with recovery. There are so many different ways and each one is unique. Sometimes someone says something and a light goes off in my head, a connection is made, insight and knowledge gained. Sometimes it's a heads up about what will be happening - had i not known about paws, I'd have thought h was nuts when he started with it. Its bad enough knowing and experiencing! If i hadn't known I'd really have been lost!

There is also the relief that you are not alone. I have felt more loneliness with h's addiction than I ever had before in my life, no exaggeration. And it feels so good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way, and others understand.

Old 04-07-2015, 03:55 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi everyone!

Well good grief! I started this post hours ago! Jethro has continued to pull me off of the computer to help him with the truck repairs! So? Here I go again trying to finish this post!

I am delighted to say: "Today is my ninth month off the opiates! 274 days clean!!!!! I am past the dreaded eight month snafu! Twice I made it to eight months and ended up back on the opiates again. Not this time!

I feel today like a Mac truck ran over me though! So much work yesterday and too little sleep before starting it! But I'm SOOOO relieved it's been done. Much more to do, but we'll get there! I'll share some pictures!

Jethro's been putting time in on getting the radio's installed in his truck. Getting geared up for our Tornado weather! Thursday it's supposed to be bad around here! Well in our state! He is a storm reporter! Not a storm chaser! Two different positions! The boss sent him an email yesterday telling him he really needed him there! Ha Ha Ha What a JOKE! Can we say that's a memorex message? Jethro hasn't bothered calling him or going in to talk to him. He talked with the female coworker a little bit ago and OMG! The chit just keeps getting deeper around there. She said: "A customer came in Saturday and started chewing on her azz before clearing the car. She started giving it right back to him." I laughed and told her "You're a short timer at this point and time. Give them hell!" She said: "That's right!" And we both laughed.

It's hot and steamy today! I finally broke down and uncovered the window unit in here. Now if I could ONLY find the danged remote control for it? ARGH! The house AC has already been running for two days now. I'll have to pry Marvin out of the cool room to go outside tomorrow. But he IS going outside! He has his own outside AC spot he can cool off in during his time outside! I sent my cousin a text asking if they had a docile hen I could have to put with him? Will wait for an answer!

Charley: As for your interview tomorrow? March in there with the knowledge you already know how to do the majority of the position's assignments. You already know you can do the job or you wouldn't be applying for it! So what if your face turns red. Lots of ppl's do! You'll be showing the pink side of yourself!
.....Sounds like H has problems with crowds. Especially family gatherings. Might need to stay away from those for a year?

Cleanin: So hubby's a task master? Multi-tasker! LOL Glad we could help you get it figured out!
.....Jethro seems to be doing alright yesterday and today! Hopefully he'll get enough time off the opiates he'll realize he doesn't need to take them. I'm sure with his next fibro flare up it will be a different story though! We'll wait and see!
.....Oh Boy! There was just a news report about the strong drug Opana! It's 10 times stronger than the oxy's. Patients in this little town are getting the drug and then selling part of it. There's been lots of shared needles and HIV is running rampant within the city. So horrible!

Blue: The color green works for me! I've worn green Army uniforms for years anyway! LOL Since 1984! Man! What a life I've lived wearing them too!
.....That is a fantastic story about your hubby's speech and the adult men coloring the eggs! I hope you took pictures to share with them!

My mom got herself a new cordless phone! I called her yesterday and she was all over the house and outside on her phone. LOL I said: "I've tried telling you for years you'd love it if you'd only get one!" And now she knows!

Okay! I gotta get the kids taken care of before it gets any later! Jethro's had my day all screwed up with him needing my help on the truck! LOL

TOD
Old 04-08-2015, 01:26 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Good Evening Everyone,

Sorry I wasn’t here last night.. it was because of Butter and my husband. LOL Better explain that statement I guess. Butters post was the last one on here & I thought it was so beautifully written that I shared it with my husband. (He’s very happy for you Butter, very impressed with your studies here too). Then he stopped and looked at it again and said, Butter left out the part where all of you tried to convince her to stay with B, to sacrifice herself, to never give up and one day she would save him.. and well he added a few more things I wont share on the forum, but he was laughing and got me laughing so hard I just couldn’t compose myself to share about Easter.. Thank you Butter.. I needed that laugh, and also Im very sorry for what you have went through, but happy you are coming out the other side of things. Not sure this will be helpful; but my husband thinks you are going to end up with someone scholarly… LOL

I enjoyed reading about everyone’s weekend and Easter celebrations.
My husband has a tendency to start some projects, and pull me into them too. Usually he likes to explain things, but sometimes he appears to feel better when I actively participate. If he leaves when we are doing a project together, I usually give him a while and then go ask if he is taking a break, or are we all done for the day. Sometimes he will come back, sometimes I will finish alone, or just leave it for another day. His breaks usually involve food and then getting involved in something with his phone.

Our son enjoyed Easter and was very happy with his basket. He got up early and the basket was in his room waiting for him. He ran in to tell us the Easter Bunny had come and brought him all kinds of candy and toys. He had a few hours to play, and we all ate candy… We went to church and he got dressed up in his little suit.. doesn’t seem to mind because his dad wears one and I think it makes him feel big. Im sure this will change soon.

We had dinner with family and shared some of the news I posted about here…

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ppy-news.html?

And that was about it for me. Today I was out and picked up some Dove Chocolates, and Peanut Buttercups (sorry its true Buttercup) and they were 50% off. It was a little sad seeing some of the broken easter bunnies. I went ahead and got a couple for my son. I took one of the broken ones because now I wont have to smash him up myself. Lol

Good Luck on your interview Charley. Is this position to fill a vacancy left when someone was promoted to take the place of your dept manager? Fingers crossed.

Blue, you were very busy over the holiday. How many people were at your house? Just wait until you have kids and then the grandparents will all be wanting to help your little one decorate eggs.. they will sit in the floor and play with toys and do all kinds of things you would never expect..

TOD, cant believe your mom is just now getting a cordless phone. It will change her life, and now she will also be able to call you more. When in the kitchen, bathroom, on her porch, in the yard.. get ready