It's all about me Part 4

Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 501 (permalink)  

Awe thats too bad. There are no rehabs that don't push religion? Or maybe not what he was looking for? I think just your listening to him helps?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:15 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by kzaug2014 View Post
Tod, the internet is scary stuff. Police just arrested a 36yr old man yesterday, who met a 12yr old online, picked her up & brought her to a hotel. Sick peeps!!!

Clean, you are correct. He only has me to complain to. And he's a big baby when it comes to pain or anything that causes him discomfort. Ugh!
I never understood why girls have the need or desire to search out men on the Internet! Men and women are finding themselves in bad situations all the time because of it! I'm not too trusting of the things that happens on the Internet either! Any man I've ever spent time with was due to meeting him f2f!

Did y'all know Judge Judy met her husband in a bar?

Sounds like it's time to cut the cord Kz! I swear if it wasn't for Little Maria? I'd have left with Molly a long time ago! I really need a break from the crap around here! Talking doesn't seem to do any good. Maybe by me leaving will?

TOD
Old 04-24-2015, 06:17 PM
  # 503 (permalink)  

Kz is it a 12 step program? They are heavy on religion but my uncle, who married my aunt later in life and has since passed from cirrhosis (my dad died of cancer and cirrhosis was a million times worse) was sober for many years before he met my aunt but had dedicated his life to AA. He was an atheist through and through but still swore by 12 step. He said you didn't need to believe in God, and that his religion was his meetings. So hopefully Rob will find his peace with the religious tilt and work through it.

I'll write more later - Tod I'm jealous of your roses!! I love roses, my grandma grew the most beautiful tea roses but i didnt inherit her green thumb.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:18 PM
  # 504 (permalink)  

I was going to mention that too, Clean. Then Rob called & I forgot lol. That guy you knew before who had syringes loaded w/heroin? I bet the only reason he didn't do them was he completely forgot about them! Lol. 2 things I know about H addicts ( besides lying ) are they're memory is horrible & if there's heroin available to do, they'll do it.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 505 (permalink)  

I think Rob's main problem right now is lack of sleep. He was doing fine until he found out he wouldn't be seeing the Dr. til Mon.

Tod, Rob & I started doing H in May 2014. We had 20 good yrs together before that. I quit H in Aug., so basically I've only been dealing w/an active addict for 8mos. So, I'll be trying to make it work for now.
How long has Jethro been doing those pills again?
Old 04-24-2015, 06:33 PM
  # 506 (permalink)  

Tod I wish it were that simple.

How much longer does he have kz? Is he serious about wanting to leave or just ranting about his situatuon? Was it his choice to go or yours? Just wondering because he might just be complaining for the sake if complaining but yet determined to see this thru. But to tell you the truth I don't think there is one spouse who went away to rehab that didn't try to go home early? Even Blue's husbunny fussed by what I recall? Charley's did come home early. But I think its totally nessesary he stay. At least that's what I would say if it were mine.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:34 PM
  # 507 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'll be back after the storm passes!
Already had white hot lightening flash in here!
Thunder that had both Marvin and Marilyn standing up!

TOD
Old 04-24-2015, 06:35 PM
  # 508 (permalink)  

My H is the same, Kz. Chronic sleep problems which results in angry, depressive and abusive behavior. I can pretty much see it coming now, on the third night of a lack of sleep I'd better just keep my distance.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:37 PM
  # 509 (permalink)  

Yes my H came home early and i was not at all pleased. H was at detox but it offered a lot of meetings and counseling and he would have benefited even from two more days which would have been the extent that could have stayed.

If you have any influence over your Rob, I'd suggest you use it to get him to stay. I wish I would have!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:42 PM
  # 510 (permalink)  

Charley please don't think I'm blaming you for that! I'm not! I just can't recall a single spouse where I read they didnt try to come home early? Not one was like yay...this is fun let me stay longer. Not happening right? Ha!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:45 PM
  # 511 (permalink)  

No worries clean, never even crossed my mind. I have learned my influence is next to nothing with H when he wants - or doesn't want - something
Old 04-24-2015, 06:46 PM
  # 512 (permalink)  

Kz I think your rob has a legit complaint! So I think if you just empathize with him and make him to realize you really care and understand. That will be enough to hold him. What do you think? I know a little sympathy goes a long way with mine. If I seem like I don't care when he is stressing then it just makes him worse.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:48 PM
  # 513 (permalink)  

Very true Charley. Good lesson to learn.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 514 (permalink)  

I think we need a new thread right? How do we do that? Report it?

OK Tod stay safe!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:50 PM
  # 515 (permalink)  

I agree clean. I've been practising that with H and realizing sympathizing does not mean agreeing with. It just means you see their side. Took me a long time to realize that!
Old 04-24-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  

Clean, I thought it was his idea, but he told me earlier that he only went to make me happy...ugh! Thx for letting me know about the other hubs that didn't exactly like rehab. On his last call to me, he said that hopefully he'll be in a better mood tomorrow ( but I think it'll depend on if he gets any sleep tonight. )

Charlie, it's very hard to deal w/, huh? It runs in Rob's fam...his dad has been to sleep clinics before.
The last time Rob went to detox, he came home & was fine for 5 days. They gave him valium in detox & it took about 2 days for it to wear off & then 3 more...no sleep = very cranky, ornary Rob.
In fact, after the 4th night of no sleep, he went to emergency room. They gave him a shot that was suppose make the restless legs better. It made things worse.
Back to the emergency room again...gave him a shot of benadryl & a shot of adivan. That woulda knocked me for a loop. He was delirious & hallucinating, but not sleeping.
Back to the hospital again. This time I wanted to go ( Rob didn't. ) But idk what the heck to do w/him??? They just made sure he wasn't suicidal & sent us home.
13hrs after all 3shots, he finally passed out.
That was a very high stress day for me ( & ttytt, one of the main reasons I was glad he was leaving for Georgia for 23 days. )
Old 04-24-2015, 06:57 PM
  # 517 (permalink)  

Tod, I hope you & the chicks are okay! That thunder probably ruffles their feathers a lot!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:00 PM
  # 518 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
I think we need a new thread right? How do we do that? Report it?

OK Tod stay safe!
I told MG about the Thread!

TOD
Old 04-24-2015, 07:04 PM
  # 519 (permalink)  

Boy, things are hoppin tonight lol!
Old 04-24-2015, 07:06 PM
  # 520 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's been a little busy the last few days guys - bear with us

Join us here for Part 5

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html