It's all about me...

Old 11-02-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

EYES I see you !!! I hope your feeling better, even a teeny tiny bit?

You girls are all too funny. None of you are codependent, none of you are out here posting worried about me and my weekend attending ghoulish parties !!!!! HAHAHAHA

I need to always stop trying to figure it all out in my head, and trust my instinct to talk to him. He called me from work on Friday and could tell I was feeling down, then I explained it all to him as honestly as I could. He was understanding, but it hurts him to think something he did, or went through, has causes me to have problems as simple as being upset over dark images at Halloween.

We went to his work party and it wasnt as bad as I built up in my mind. He had one drink, then stuck to non alcoholic drinks the rest the time we were there. I never mentioned any concerns about drinking to him, its something we've discussed before and he's so far not had a problem with it. I was relieved when we could go home, it had been a long emotional day and I did it to myself internalizing things. I have to work more on it !

The rest of the weekend was good, we were out mostly and had dinner with friends on Saturday, it was Halloween themed with costumes but none of them scared me, and I remained a Princess !!

(( I )) am a little worried about Butter !!! Are you out there ??? Your too silent, I hope your not in Campus Jail for toilet papering. Clean should stop me from corrupting you with these American ways.

Old 11-02-2014, 05:56 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Old 11-03-2014, 09:44 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone,

It was a quiet day today... are you all eating leftover Halloween candy all day? I know I was

Blue Im happy to hear things went ok with the party you had to go to. It sounds like your husband was being responsible. But don't be hard on yourself either... you have been through a lot in a years time, and there will be things that trigger bad memories and emotions.

How is everyone ?

I was busy last week, tried to get my son involved in as many Halloween things as possible because he enjoyed being in his costume, and I thought it was good for him to be around other kids too. He doesn't go to daycare or preschool so he's not around a lot of kids except in church, and we do playdates with a few friends that have kids his age. Its so much fun seeing things through his eyes.

I would be happy to get in on the book reviews.. I actually pulled out my copy of Beyond Addiction last night and read a little bit.
Old 11-04-2014, 05:55 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Thanks Allfor No I ate some Xmas cookies today ! The kind with colored sugar and sprinkles, shaped like trees and stars. Moving on, had enough of Halloween this year. No more creepy blood dripping sites for me. On my way home, this girl had the top down and was driving in a Raggedy Ann costume with the red mop wig?? I guess she didnt get the message. Im feeling much better today.

Where is everyone ? we are all talking by pm and no one is posting, our lurkers will think we are all a bunch of recluses. Is that a word ?
Old 11-05-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

I am here! It was a hard weekend, again, and it seems to take me a bit longer to bounce back. But I am, and I'm here

Allfor, glad your son had a great Halloween. DD didn't go to daycare either, so I totally understand how nice it is to get them out and around other kids - I love to see my kiddos in action, plus it gives me a break

Everyone is bringing in bags of leftover Halloween candy into work, and BLue is eating Christmas cookies!! I love those sugar cookies with sprinkles and sugar and icing, oh yum! Each day in Dec we take turns at work bringing in treats, I need to start starving myself now in preparation for the month-long feast coming up and the idea of Christmas cookies is making me hungry LOL!
Old 11-05-2014, 10:55 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Hello everyone!

Sorry been Mia a few days. Just keeping busy with kids, bunny and the house and some family stuff going on. Not immediate family...just my husband's family.

Good news, I found a library not far from me that supposedly has that book...Beyond addiction. So will try to pick it up tonight or tomorrow if hubs gets back before they close. That way I can get involved in the discussion. What chapters are you on now? I will probably have some catching up to do. I like the audio version, it's great to listen while piddling around in my house as I barely get time to sit...much less read a book. But that copy is in Connecticut. That is a long drive plus ferry ride to get to that one. Ha!

Blue- I'm glad you got thru the ghoulish holiday! As far as my not panicking about your husband and his work party, I think it's more my trusting him to drink responsibly, than not having any codependent qualities. I feel like he's pretty committed to his recovery. You are doing well handling your emotions and working thru them too. Like Alfor mentioned you've been thru a lot this past year. I think it was good that you told your husband how you were feeling. The way you told him was good too. Without nagging, complaining or trying to control him...just let him know how uncomfortable Halloween was making you feel. That way he understood that the party wasn't something you really wanted to go to, and that you had some fears. I'll bet your little talk remained at the forefront in his mind throughout the party and could be why he kept his alcohol consumption to one drink...plus left early.

Alfor- I'll bet your son had a great time! I just love watching my kids enjoy things...looking thru the eyes of our babes is one of the most rewarding pleasures we parents have. I get warm and fuzzy feelings watching my kids....it brings back happy childhood memories. Well, do you think you got enough wear out of your costumes? Was it worth all your hard work making them? Would you do it over again....or just buy them next year?

Butter and soverylost hope all is well with you?

Well my Halloween wasn't as eventful as yours was. As you know my kids did not dress-up this year or go trick- or-treating. We had quite a few come to our door though. So I had the pleasure of giving out the candy and viewing all the cute and creative costumes they were wearing. It's funny how popular costumes change thru the years...then there are some that are classic....such as princess, witches and zombie.

I've had a lot on my mind lately about my new bunny and wanting him to get "altered" (the new polite way of saying it). Ha!
He is exhibiting way too many "adult" behaviors....especially with this "kitty" stuffed animal I put in his room to play with. Never thought it would become such a real friend to him.

Well I'll try to call the rabbit rescue lady about it and about getting a live bunny friend for him. I think he's lonely.

Hubs was having chest pains all day yesterday....I think it's anxiety...not heart related. He did not go to work. He was also off last Friday for eye surgery. It was the laser kind that they do in the office....but still had lots of pain over the weekend. Refused to take meds for it, besides a baby aspirin. So let's just say he kept me busy the last few days.

OMG! I almost lost this. Let me post it before I really do!
Old 11-05-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

YAY we are not Recluses !!! (except for Butter, but its ok we understand) and send ((hugs)) to you anyway.

My office gets involved in all the sugar and sweets too. Its really hard when your at work and its right there. In the afternoon I get a sugar crash and its hard not to give in to temptation. I usually do give in ! Someone made very cute Halloween cupakes last week, they were pumpkin faces with candycorn eyes.

Thanks Clean, I am trying to manage all these situations the right way, sometimes I do better than other times but its a matter of practice I guess.

Im happy your going to read the book with us. I havent made it far yet, so your not behind at all. I am trying to figure out how to pick the main points of the introduction. I think Im thinking about it too much. I may need a refresher from Butter on how to properly summarize a chapter.
Old 11-05-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 488 (permalink)  

I haven't even picked up the book yet, Clean, so no worries!
Sorry to hear about your hubby, I hope he is feeling better. I had laser eye surgery a few years ago and requested two tranquillizers before the surgery because I was so nervous! I think a bunny friend sounds wonderful for your little furry guy!!
Old 11-05-2014, 04:52 PM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Clean I think you posted while I was writing a pm to you. I know you've been busy and I didnt mean to add any pressure for you to post, hope you know that.

I have been laughing about your bunny. The little guy has had a lot of change happening. From living most his day in a cage at his last home, now he has all kinds of attention, room to play, and has fallen in love with a stuffed cat.

I think a trip to the vet is a good idea, and a playmate. He or she will have to go to the vet too. I mean I wonder if the altering's are 100% well you know !! I would guess so, ok this is getting too technical. It would be cute for you to have a house full of baby bunnies, but your son would be in big trouble.

I came home to discover how do i say this politely, someone had a very upset tummy and didnt make it out of the kitchen. I think it was the dog, but all seems ok now. I cleaned it up, but have to mop the whole kitchen floor. Its just what I had been dreaming of all day !!
Old 11-06-2014, 11:58 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!
Hope you are all having a nice day. It's been I quiet peaceful one for me so far. Just the kind I need. That will change in about 2 mins. When my son comes charging thru the front door and my daughter 1/2 hour later. But it helped to put me in a much better mood. Butter knows how badly off my mood was yesterday. Thank you Butter for putting up with my moodiness!
Oh good! Nice to know I'm not too far behind in that book. My husband ended up stopping by Home Depot on the way home last night...so I didn't make it in time to pick up the book before the library closes.but will do that tonight.
Oh Blue...yuck! Looks like a huge mess to clean...hope your doggy is feeling better today!

Well not much to report today. It's been raining all day...perfect weather to relax and unwind. Not exactly productive though. My 24 yr old was having severe shoulder pain last night at 3 am...had my husband and I both upstairs with her trying to make her comfortable. Not sure what happened...she said she doesn't remember injuring it...but maybe it was a pinched nerve? Because when my husband pulled it in a certain direction the pain subsided somewhat. I massaged it with this muscle cream but didn't really help. I thought it was a rotator cuff problem but no it wasn't. Finally after getting it into a certain position and a couple Motrin later she was able to sleep. So she was upstairs resting all day. Just now coming down.

Ok better get the lunches ready...take care!
Old 11-06-2014, 05:46 PM
  # 491 (permalink)  

Im having a good day, but was busy most of the afternoon. Sorry I let my mailbox fill up. I have a tuna casserole in the oven. I am reciting my mantra:
I will not let it burn, I will not let it burn, it WILL NOT burn.

Clean, Im sorry you had a bad day yesterday. HAHAHA Im glad Butter got the brunt of your moodiness and not me !! I thought you were only busy with family things, and the saga of Bunny being in love.

Dont tell bunny Im talking about his love life, might embarrass him.
Old 11-07-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Hello everyone!

I've had a lot on my mind lately about my new bunny and wanting him to get "altered" (the new polite way of saying it). Ha!
He is exhibiting way too many "adult" behaviors....especially with this "kitty" stuffed animal I put in his room to play with. Never thought it would become such a real friend to him.

Well I'll try to call the rabbit rescue lady about it and about getting a live bunny friend for him. I think he's lonely.
Having Hickory myself back in the day? I have to say! Get your bunny fixed!

I came home from training camp one day with Eternity perfume on my wrist! Hickory mounted my wrist! I had a pink stuffed Easter bunny. I sprayed a little perfume on it and it became Hickory's girlfriend for days.

I called the Vet and they said it wouldn't stop until I got him fixed! It takes about a month for him to get over it!

You don't want another bunny to put with him! Male or female! They wouldn't make good buddies!

TOD
Old 11-07-2014, 06:31 PM
  # 493 (permalink)  

Based on what Im hearing about bunnies, I think I know where the saying 'like rabbits" comes from now. What do they put in Eternity Perfume, or maybe its all perfume? Clean can you out on some perfume and test this for us. HAHA

For those who are hinged at the edge of their seats, I want to share I DID NOT burn the tuna casserole last night.

I heard a rumor tomorrow was a special day for someone among us? Does anyone want to confirm this? And you know who you are !!
Old 11-07-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Blue, i am very glad you didn't burn it! well done!
that's funny! i've heard the same rumour...
Old 11-08-2014, 12:09 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

You girls are so thoughtful, although Im not sure why your so excited.. you are referring to the fact that tomorrow is my Cleanin' Day right ?

Does anyone else have something special going on tomorrow?

LOL
Old 11-08-2014, 03:07 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone! Hmm? I wonder what day you all are chattering about?

Blue actually I was wondering what the outcome was on your casserole. Good to see it wasn't burned.

TOD so good to see you here! Thank you for the bunny advice! I have to admit, it freaked me out the first time he did that. It's not that I wasn't prepared for it either because I remembered you telling me about Hickory on AP. I can totally see that this bunny is way more hormonal then Mimi was. Idk maybe Mimi was female after all? But I ended up having to move this little guy into my sunroom because he is way more destructive than Mimi was. Plus he is not potty trained and I agree it will take fixing him to resolve many of these issues. So I'm just waiting for a couple weeks to set it up with a vet. My husband has an interview on Wednesday for a much better position with a company much closer to home. After that they may want to set up another one. (It usually takes a series of them before they make a decision.) We have the one car so I want to get all that out of the way first.

Also, I'm planning on contacting the rabbit rescue lady I was working with to help me find Mimi. I'm sure she knows where I could get the best deal to have it done with a rabbit savvy vet. I guess she took her first bunny to an ordinary vet...one that only knows about cats and dogs and her little guy died during the operation...was given a lethal dose of anesthesia. that is how she became interested in rescuing rabbits. True that it is a slow process bonding rabbits with one another. She told me that if I find Mimi and would like to bond another with him that she would help me thru the process. It's also true that not all bunny's can or are willing to have another bunny friend. But at least I could try. This bunny is a very different type of bunny. Loves attention and is active for much longer periods thru-out the day. I didn't feel that Mimi cared that much about having a friend....enjoyed having his house to himself. But this one is way more playful and seems bored and lonely. So we will see...and I know you know lots about bunnies...so your advice is always welcome! 😊

ok hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 11-08-2014, 04:22 AM
  # 497 (permalink)  

I think we were talking about YOUR BIRTHDAY CLEAN

Happy happy Birthday (i forgot that one in the PM)
Old 11-08-2014, 04:45 AM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Awe! Thank you butter!

I love too!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:01 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday !!

I hope your having a wonderful day. You deserve the most special day ever because you are the bestest friend to me, to all of us !!

P.S. Is There Cake Involved in this ??
Old 11-08-2014, 06:10 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Awe so sweet my Bestie Blue!!! I feel the same about you!

I think Allfor is bringing the cake but you have to stay up past 1:00 am to get any.