Notices

A couple more questions...

Old 06-02-2006, 06:30 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Paused

Yep, that's how it works. Thanks Laurie. One nice thing about giving up drinking, I can give up making excuses as well. It is a great relief.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:12 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Holy moly I didn't mean to create a problem here. S4E I believe you're reading way too much into these posts. I've seen it many times in my short time here. People come here looking for support, but when they get honest and direct responses they become defensive and angry and believe that the poster was trying to be "mean".

I've been fortunate enough to finally have a clearer mind lately to read the responses for what they are. These people have been through hell and back and they are trying desperately to help you see the light before you get any worse. Sometimes the desperation comes across edgy but it never is meant to be mean.

Once you have some sober time you will not feel so defensive or angry (at least a lot went away for me). Everyone here is also working on recovery so you can't expect perfection from anyone posting. If you don't like their answer, just ignore it for now (you can always reread the answer later).

I agree that stress can be derived from outside sources but how you respond to stress if fully, absolutely, 100% IN YOUR HANDS. You can choose to scream at the computer, punch a pillow, run around the block, or drink. It's never someone else's fault.

Please keep trying and please keep posting. We care about your health more than you can believe right now.