Notices

Don't Quit PART 2

Old 06-03-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not Quitting today.

(((DQ Gang)))

(((Hugs to all of the regulars missing)))

Kevin
Old 06-04-2006, 05:18 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Little Missy
What I want to do is call him up and tell him what I think of the situation and of him. But I won't, because I have this wonderful program that I work, called AA. I don't always have to be right, even though I'm not wrong. He'll get his in the end. He'll be seen for what he really is and what he really does. Maybe not in my life time. But, he'll be scubbing toilets with a toothbrush in heaven!! LOL Ok, maybe not, but what ever gets me thru the day!! LOL
You never cease to amaze me....laughing here too......keep growing kiddo.

Huge hugs ((((((Missy))))))) oh yeah about that tanning thing....rolls my eyes about that one also....don't shave your legs anymore..there we go, lol.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:33 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd
Question...when can I start counting....does the taper days count or do I need to wait until the taper is complete?
Hi ((((((liveweyerd))))))).....so happy you've joined the Don't Quit gang...

Hmmm the taper......well in my books you're working on your sobriety, so that counts huge, we'll put you at the top of the list until your ready to count your days....to me it doesn't matter counting or not, you're working on your sobriety, that's all that really matters.

Liveweyerd Fantastic
Alera Day 238 Fantastic
Nogard/Kevin Day 379 Fantastic
Phinneas Day 595 Fantastic
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 833 How you doing? You've been quiet.
Little Missy Day 671 Proud of you.
Hope4life/Cheryl Day 16 Proud of you.
True Blue/Janet Day 155 Come say hi, missing you Janet.
Trish ((Miracle)) Forever with us
Denise/Wingsfree Day 18
Ash Day??? Missing you..you still belly dancing?
Kath Day ?? cooooooeeeee girl, what's up? Come say hi.
1_day@_a_time Day 1425 Awesome Tom
Gianna Day 120 How you doing our tangoing beauty? Missing you.
2dayz Day 699 Proud of you
Dan Day 323 (Miss you Dan)
Bonnie Day 1237 Proud of you, missing you.
JaySee Day 632 Fantastic James Missing your Brit humor
Luckyv2/Vic Day 9 Fantastic WE REFUSE TO GIVE UP
Lee/Justme57 Day 952 Where you been Lee? You ok? Missing you.
Time2Surrender Day 374 ((Fantastic Mike Congrats))
Joe C./Bluesman52 DAY 425 Awesome Joe
Cathy31 67 days (working it!) Keep working it girl.
Miss Communicat/MC Day 181 How you doing?

Please make changes where needed, thank you.

I'm with you Kevin......((((((extra hugs))))))) for those missing.

We Miss You So Much
Keep flying our beautiful sister.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:05 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Alera Day 239
Nogard/Kevin Day 380
Phinneas Day 596
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 834
Little Missy Day 672
Hope4life/Cheryl Day 17
True Blue/Janet Day 156
Trish (Miracle) Forever with us
Denise/Wingsfree Day 18
Kath Day ??
1_day@_a_time Day 1426
Gianna Day 121
2dayz Day 699
Dan Day 324 (Miss you Dan)
Bonnie Day 1238
JaySee Day 633
Luckyv2/Vic Day 10
Lee/Justme57 Day 953
Time2Surrender Day 375 ((Fantastic Mike Congrats))
Joe C./Bluesman52 DAY 426
Cathy31 68 days (working it!
Miss Communicat/MC Day 182

NO QUITTING TODAY!!!

I had to add a day for me! Yep 10 days OMG it has been so so long since I have strung together that many! I guess it really isn't that important, today is all that counts. Yep Just For Today.

Love Vic
Old 06-04-2006, 07:34 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I've been pretty busy--work, trying to get healthy, kiddo, meetings, etc. (Not necessarily in that order! )

((((((Vic)))))) 10 days is AWESOME! Keep on keepin' on!

((((((Denise)))))) I've been reading, just haven't had time to post. I've got lots of life going on! Thanks for thinking of me.

((((((Kevin)))))) I read your story the other day. Pretty inspirational. I'm so glad you are with us and doing so well!!

((((((Missy)))))) Your honesty is so awesome. I definitely understand the crazy boss issue. Mine is quite a loon. Hang in there! (I know you will...)

((((((Cathy)))))) So glad you are hanging with us! I love to see you around.

((((((LeAnne)))))) Glow in the dark legs, huh? I can relate.

((((((ASH)))))) How are you? Haven't seen you around in a few days. Hope everything is okay!

((((((DQ A-Z)))))) All you folks need to get back here! We need to get busy filling up this thread!!

Q and I are heading over to "Art in the Park," an art festival in the park just across the street and down the road a bit. It is a little cloudy today, and cool--perfect weather to spend some time at the park enjoying some culture! It is a great day to be sober!!!

Love and hugs to all--
Old 06-04-2006, 01:27 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Thanks Wingsfree. And my taper med is not the same med I became addicted to....so today makes day 14 and yes, I am counting today ahead of time...because I WILL NOT use any xanax. In fact, I slept in and missed my morning taper med....so I am one behind on it.
But that sleeping in sound as a rock was the greatest! I got to wake up feeling refreshed and cheerful. And that gives me strength and joy.

When I started reading about the lovely clouds and rainbows....I went and opened the curtains. Have been hiding in my "safe" rehab room....haven't even known what was happening outside.
So.....I am going to take a nice long soak and take myself out for a nice meal.

Why am I still here? LOL
Working up to it.
With the help of a growling tummy!

Thanks each and every one!
Old 06-04-2006, 01:58 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

((((((Laura))))))) so good to hear.....lots of life going on, is a good thing isn't it? I hope you and Q had a wonderful day at the art festival.

Oops ((((((Vic)))))))) looks like I messed up on a lot of the days...gotta pay better attention here.

(((((Liveweyered))))) you've very welcome....so 14 days it is....will add that next time we post the days.

So happy you opened your curtains and looked outside, leave those curtains OPEN.

Myself I'm having a real bad day, have no clue why. I don't even know what to say here, can't stand how I'm feeling, I don't even know if it's from not having drank for a little over two weeks? I know it will pass, in the meantime......ah who knows.

I'm doing something real bad too, isolating which has gone on for a long time, I can't seem to snap out of it ever since I got hurt, it's put me in a different place, I honestly thought that would pass by now, but nope. I don't even want to talk to anyone on the phone, last time with my sister it was pretty much just crying, trying to get a grip telling her I was ok, blah. Lost interest in everything, gotta force myself to do anything these days....wow that sure has changed, before I couldn't sit still, everything had to be done just so, and right away. Lost interest in my story, that's a real shame, it's pretty much done now, I just need to go over it and over it to fix mistakes, I have all the characters put together, it's so cute, I can see little kids reading it, or parents reading it to their children... whatever's guided me to do that, I keep praying for more guidance, it's something I really need to finish.

Can't sleep worth a darn....start every day real early too, someone always needs to go outside and water the grass between 4-5am, then thinks he should eat, then wants to stay up.....but that's ok, he's been a God send, he's my little buddy...never dreamt a dog would be my buddy.

Do I feel like drinking NOOOO, I really can't be doing that anymore, I'm still hurting from the last time, can't take much more, funny I said that a long time ago and still continued....what an ugly thing this is. Had to take Joey to the vet the other day, poor little guy....and yeah there I went again into the crying trying to explain things to them, just lovely, felt so stupid, lol, lordy I must need some calgon......calgon take me away..weeeeeee.

Anyway enough of my whining, just gotta stay sober and in time things will balance out. Funny it's been said over and over....you're where you should be....I thought that one over serveral times when I was deathly hungover....heck no this isn't where I should be.....ok ok I'm shutting now.

Hope you're all doing ok, awfully quiet there with a lot of you guys.....means you're busy right???? Sure hope so.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:11 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

wingsfree.....I sure do understand about the isolation. I don't want to talk on the phone either.
In fact, I just considered the fact that I opened the curtains and had a burst of energy to empty the dishwasher, reload it and run it as if it were a huge victory. GEEEZ!
Am still working up to turning on the bathwater.
I am not even depressed! Just horribly lethargic and avoiding things. Would spend all day and have for several right here at SR.
I printed out a research paper on benzos and I want to read all of it today, so maybe I will better understand what is going on in my body and chemistry.
(Thanks to Runvs who made it available in a thread!)

Please be gentle with yourself. Trauma takes time to process. Crying sounds not only natural but healthy to me....it hurts but it is necessary to the healing...and it is very draining.

hugs!
live
Old 06-04-2006, 02:17 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Administrator

Denise,

You have to finish your book! I know it means so much to you and I intend to walk into Chapters one day and be able to buy it.

I hope you feel better, just give your body a chance to recuperate and you'll get some energy back.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Sweet Sounds of Heaven

Denise Keep on theside my friend.
I will say some prayers for you right now.
Don't Quit Gang hope you all are doing good.
I am also seeking my side.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Hi, family!

I've been in and out, up and down, inside out lately. I am ready to go back to work and have been looking for the right contract or ft position. I've been getting a fantastic response, but somehow the jobs all look the same - except for one. I've been through three interviews and a test - passed all with flying colors. This week should be the LAST interview. If we can come to terms, I will accept. So, wish me luck. I should be going back to work soon. Hopefully in the next week or two.

The fuzzy family is great. I have a dog walker all lined up for when I go back to work. They will be fine - I'll miss them more than they will miss me, prolly.

Hope everyone is safe and sober today. I am coming up on 600 days! Whooooooooooo-hoo!

Old 06-04-2006, 06:25 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Paused

Good luck Phinny and congratulations on 600 days! I think you are going to love being back in the work force. Crazy as this sounds, I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. What's wrong with me? I enjoy the social aspect of working. I spent so much time stuck in my house, it's great to get out and be sober and alive.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:28 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
Crazy as this sounds, I'm actually looking forward to going to work tomorrow. What's wrong with me?
Oh yeah - I am SO READY!

lol - I need to get back to work so I can order people around (what I do best!). I try to do it at home and my two dogs and cat look at me like, huh? Are you nuts? Go get me a treat! Gaaaaaaaaaa!

Even on my 5th step when I said one of my character defects is being bossy, my sponsor pointed out that that makes me good at my job!

lol - I kill me!
Old 06-05-2006, 05:58 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Hey Phinny congrats on 600 days and good luck with teh job.

Still Not quitting today

Great to see so many of us here.

Thanks Laura and Denise.

Kevin
Old 06-05-2006, 06:10 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Alera Day 240
Nogard/Kevin Day 381
Phinneas Day 597
LuLu70/Laura-Lu day 835
Little Missy Day 673
Hope4life/Cheryl Day 18
True Blue/Janet Day 157
Trish (Miracle) Forever with us
Denise/Wingsfree Day 19
Kath Day ??
1_day@_a_time Day 1427
Gianna Day 122
2dayz Day 700
Dan Day 325 (Miss you Dan)
Bonnie Day 1239
JaySee Day 634
Luckyv2/Vic Day 11
Lee/Justme57 Day 954
Time2Surrender Day 376 ((Fantastic Mike Congrats))
Joe C./Bluesman52 DAY 427
Cathy31 69 days (working it!
Miss Communicat/MC Day 183

NO QUITTING TODAY!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  
ASH

Not Quitting today and not doing the hula either
hurt my back in the yard and its taking forever to get back to normal,
even had to cut down on my computer time,
and for sure no

Welcome ((Liveweyerd))

((Denise)), ((Laura)) and all DQs, no quitting today!!!!
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by ASH
Not Quitting today and not doing the hula either
hurt my back in the yard and its taking forever to get back to normal,
even had to cut down on my computer time,
and for sure no

Welcome ((Liveweyerd))

((Denise)), ((Laura)) and all DQs, no quitting today!!!!
Ash it is so good to see you back, yep sure is. Looks like it is going to be hard to get back to "normal" just try to take it easy, no hurry! Take care of yourself first.

Vic
Old 06-05-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Not quitting today.

(((Ash)))

Kevin
Old 06-05-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Nope Not Quitting

(((((Liveweyerd)))))) keep those curtains open, you really don't want to miss all the good things, something you may see might put a spark in you get you out of isolation, it's not fun is it? The sad part of it is, you get used to it....NOT GOOD, we all got a lot of living in us. Please join me on working harder on this issue.

(((((((((Janet))))))))) how are you feeling? So happy to see you post, I will keep praying too that you soon get your sunshine back...you brought a lot of sunshine to me seeing your name light up here, thanks for that.

(((((((Anna)))))))) Thanks so much Anna, that felt real good you saying that....wow. I will finish my book, it's such a slow process, but will be so worth it. Wonder if Oprah gives out loans to get books published, I was fretting over that part....told myself STOP IT, if it's meant to be it will get to where it needs to be one way or another.

((((((((LeAnne))))))))) you're on my mind constantly since the geese are back...oh that honking makes me smile so much, they are flying by while I type this, honking away. Thanks for your gift the Flight Pattern Thread. HONK HONK HONKING LOUD

(((((((((Phinny))))))))))) fantastic 600 days, starting a job, you go girl, you've worked so hard with your sobriety, will only get better won't it?

((((((((Ash)))))))) oh dear, my heart goes out to you, been there myself, not fun at all, I sure hope you mend fast, sore backs are a buggar, stops you dead in your tracks....and NO computer....well that's just not good at all. Get well soon.

(((((((((Vic)))))))))) so proud of you. Hug Chance for me please.

(((((((Kevin)))))))) oh I'm still smiling having watched you grow here, being able to talk things through.....fantastic.

Hope those who are missing are ok....wish you'd just stop in and say hello.

This has always been a hit here, so figured it really needed to be on the Part 2....for those in need of it....I added (((((Trish's))))) duct tape, missing her so much. Went back and read some of her posts hard reading, but so so so grateful they are there.

Old 06-05-2006, 05:59 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Holy Cow!! Look at everybody!! Glad to see ya!!

((Denise)) I still have to make myself do things. I seem to get into ruts.

((Phinny)) Glad you are feeling better and good luck on the job.

((Vic)) Thanks for keeping the list up!!

((Live)) Welcome to the bus.

((LeAnne)) I like to go to work too, gets me away from the kids!! LOL

((Laura)) That sounds like a great day. How'd it go?

((Kevin)) Thanks for always being here!!

((Kath)) Hope all is well down under!!

((Janet)) So good to see you. How are things?

((Ash)) Hope you get to feeling better. Take it easy.

The boy boss kept following we around today, kissing my butt. Must have realized he was an a$$. If not, I still might tell him!! LOL

The farmers spread crap on the fields this weekend, so I smelled aweful around here. Beautiful weekend and we couldn't stand to be outside. My 2 y/o daughter said, "Those cows need BIG pull ups." LOL She wears pull ups now for potty training.

My son wanted cereal with milk. I went to pour the cereal in the bowl and he said, "No Mom! The milk goes first." He didn't realize the cereal floats!! LOL He was in a mood this weekend. We told him we weren't going to take him to see the movie "Cars" since he was misbehaving. He straightened up and we told him if we was good all week, we'd see about going. So this morning, he tells me, "If you're good at work and you don't cry, you can go see Cars with me." LOL Don't know if I was good, but I didn't cry!! hehe

Hope my little stories brighten you day!! Thanks to you all, I can remember what they say!!

Love,
Missy