Notices

I got busted big time..DWI

Old 03-06-2006, 04:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You Never blow. Ever. Never. Under any circumstances.

Dont blow, you get a yr with no license and thats without an attorney, big deal. Blow, you get yrs with no license PLUS the fines, courts and schools. HUGE deal and not very intelligent.

YOU DONT EVER BLOW. Not even if you 'tasted' wine three hours before.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wow, Roy, you've come a long way in your thinking! I've tried to look at things that way too, when I get a little distance from what happened. I know that my HP was holding my hand many times and it's only thanks to her that I'm here now. It's a very humbling feeling!
Old 03-06-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Leigh

Roy, congrats, it seems as if this has opened your eyes and taught you a huge lesson. Maybe this was a blessing in disguis. My husband was a highway patrolman for many years during the very worst of my addiction. I know that sounds crazy for a drug addict to be married to a cop, but you would be suprised how many situations there are like that.He was a very caring officer and alway sympathized with people and tried to understand there situation, but he had to do his job. He is a wonderful man. He ended up changing careeres due to my addiction, which I still carry alot of guilt about, because he truely loved his job. I got away with so much just because all the cops knew him and would let me go when I truely deserved to go to jail .I could have very well killed an innocent person, but by the grace of God I didn't. I truely believe if I hadn't gotten away with so much I would have learned my lesson years ago. Getting away with so much only hurt me in the end. I had a wreck one night while driving high and almost got killed, I had surgery for internal injuries and was in ICU for 3 weeks. What makes it so crazy is that I had already been pulled over that night before my accident, clearly intoxicated, but because he knew my husband he let me go. Less than 30 minutes later I almost died. What I'm saying is that getting away with everything for me was almost a death sentence. I have never drove high again and never will. DWI is very selfish when you think of all the innocent people that could be hurt. We all make mistakes, but as long as we learn from them that's what truely matters. I know you must be scared and I truely hope that everything works out o.k. You really sound like you've learned your lesson and that is a great thing!! Good for you!! You will be in my prayers!!I make a prayer list and I really do pray for the people on this board, so I promise I will be praying for you.
God Bless You,
Leigh
Old 03-06-2006, 06:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Beachbabe
You Never blow. Ever. Never. Under any circumstances.

Dont blow, you get a yr with no license and thats without an attorney, big deal. Blow, you get yrs with no license PLUS the fines, courts and schools. HUGE deal and not very intelligent.

YOU DONT EVER BLOW. Not even if you 'tasted' wine three hours before.
And you don't think refusing your alcohol test would get you in a helluva lot more troubles? *rolls eyes* Some meds and some candy can mess up a breathalyzer test but when you blow a lil while later on it's usually ok. So pfft...
Old 03-06-2006, 08:39 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No. Like I said, if you refuse to blow you get your license suspended for one yr.

No DUI against you, no schools, no court... a mandatory one yr suspension for refusal to consent to test in my state. 6 months in most. Thus, it makes no sense to blow if there is ever a remote chance you may have alcohol on your breath.

Its important we know the laws, to follow them and to make sure our rights are protected.

You shouldnt roll your eyes like that, it doesnt look good on you. It doesnt reflect well on the board either so for any newcomers I apologize for you. We generally dont act like that around here. We are a friendly, mature bunch that can discuss topics as adults.

Here is an interesting article regarding testing as being a choice. It discusses our Fifth Amendment right not to incriminate ourselves.

http://www.dui1.com/Dui_Lawyers_Driving17.htm

Its a choice. After researching the topic the choice I would choose it not to blow. Almost common sense.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Chy

Maybe I missed it, one question for ya, what's your plan now?
Old 03-06-2006, 09:43 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by BSPGirl
And you don't think refusing your alcohol test would get you in a helluva lot more troubles? *rolls eyes* Some meds and some candy can mess up a breathalyzer test but when you blow a lil while later on it's usually ok. So pfft...
Yeap, and a lot of states also have the option of giving blood instead.

Automatically giving up your license for a year is not the choice I'd make. Then again, I have always passed mine with flying colors.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm not gonna apologize. Drinking and driving is inexcusable and needs to be punished severly. So any tips and tricks on how to avoid this aforementioned punishment will lead to a crabby post of me directed at the person who posted the tips and tricks.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hey Gals

Alright now, enough fussin about whether to blow or not. In my state you have two options. One..blow and let the dice roll hoping for the best. Two, refuse and get a blood test..mandated by state. Refuse that one and the fines are even more than DUI along with mandatory 3 yr suspension for refusing. I know the laws here, it was best to blow, trust me. I am in a lot of trouble and will have to pay my dues. It is not all bad as I have learned a valuable lesson and that officer may have saved a life that night. I was drunk, hands down. Sometimes one just has to own up and realize that what they did was wrong, own up to it and take the punishment. I will ask for mercy on some things like jail time being allotted to weekends and a restricted license for work but I deserve the punishment I am recieving. I have been diong this for years and never got caught, I deserve to be punished finally. Everybodys luck runs out sometime, maybe not today or tomorrow but hopefully before somebody gets hurt or killed.

Anna and Leigh and Chy:
Thank you for the kind comments. I have learned alot from this experience. I have had every moment from the instant that it happened to think about it in all aspects and the cold hard fact is I am guilty as sin. I am going to face it like a man, accept the responsibility of my actions and deal with the consequences. There just comes a time in every persons life where they have to make that decision between trying to weasel out of something or accept responsibility for what they did. I choose the latter. I am ashamed and regretful for my actions but can at least be proud in the way that I stand up and accept full responsibility for them. I screwed up, plain and simple and the actions on their part to intervene before something worse happened was far more noble than my mistaken decision to drive and endanger others and myself. I thought I was a mature individual up to this point and realized through this experience that I still have some growing up to do. Well, standing up and admitting your guilt beats the heck out of any lie in my book and will let you sleep at night too. Even if it is a jail cell. I will get a minimum of ten days in jail, around 2 grand in fines and a restricted license that requires a breathalizer be installed in my truck. The good news of this is that I will pay my debt with my head held high, take my lumps, pay the money and know that with that thing in my truck that this cannot happen even if I have a stupid moment. Yes it sucks but the punishment is far less than having to look into a mothers eyes and know that your decision to drive drunk is the reason her baby or husband or mother or father or son or daughter is dead. I tell my daughter all the time to take responsibility for her actions, I am not a hypocrite and refuse to not take full responsibility for mine!
I have called an outpatient facility in the area that is located within the psych center closeby my house. This is run by a doctor licensed in psychology who is a recovered alcoholic. This is his way of giving back to the community and teaching others. This is also admissable in court as he is a licensed phychologist which will qualify as an equal for the alcohol program the state likes to send you to. I am not merely doing it for that, I need help. I thought that I could do it alone and have realized that I cannot and I truly need help. Another growing moment. How we get to be 40 and still have so much to learn is beyond me but I will continue to learn and grow from this day forward and prosper once again.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Trying !

Congratulations on your mature and productive thinking.

Great plan, sounds tailor made for you

You dont have to do this alone!

oh! btw, I was very worried that I would get one of those things on my car, over here , they cost you $120 per month, ( they are hired to you ) andyou have to have them read monthly !

Best wishes for your recovery

HUGX
Lee
Old 03-06-2006, 03:27 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by tryinagain
but I will continue to learn and grow from this day forward and prosper once again.
Good for you! Getting a DUI is a nightmare but you are so right,
the real nightmare would be to hurt someone or to keep on driving.
Your attitude to learn from this and to take
responsibility and action is really the way to go and grow.
Look forward to seeing you more here at SR,
Take care
Old 03-06-2006, 03:52 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thanks

Justme..and ASH
Thank you. I just finally realized and came to the conclusion that the right thing to do when you screw up is to admit your mistake, take your punishment and move on to better days taking the knowledge of your misjudgement with you. Things will get a little worse before they get better but I will survive with my head up so that I see the light on the other side of this. Oh, and yes those things are rented here too. The difference is that you have to buy the device plus installation to the tune of about $1700 usd. You then have to have them calibrated every month or in some cases two weeks for $100 usd a pop or more.
Old 03-06-2006, 03:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
In Memory Of

Oh (((( Roy )))))
Any cosolation to ya, I once got busted for driving on 3 wheels! ( one rim) boy do those things shoot out sparks!! I wanted a hole to open up when they read that in court the next day...who knew?
I bekieve in you Roy. Keep it in perspective, you know? Done deal. Onward...
Love you!
Bless, Trish
Old 03-06-2006, 04:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

What a man to own your actions like you are !!!! I had court today was looking at 7 years but my lawyer worked his magic. I fessed up and took responsibility for what i did. It helped obviously. I could have lied and delayed it all but I am not sure i would feel as good as I do right now. I have a long road ahead too but i am alive and I have my family still supporting me. you did the right thing and yeah it is gonna be a financial nightmare ( I feel your pain) but you too are alive and have learned a very valuable lesson. like move to a state that is not as strict on the whole blowing thing LOL No no i kid...you know the lesson i speak of. This, like my deal sounds like it has opened your eyes and saved a very good mans' life. It will work out and you have to believe in that....chin up okay...peace to you and stay on this path.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:56 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Wow

Thanks Mir, you know me, I will get through this. We are survivors kid. Love Ya and still pray and think of you often...good to see you still around here.

Smyle....Gosh, I dont know what to say. Thank you for the compliment but I cannot even imagine facing 7 years! I have never been arrested even though I should have been many times so this is all new to me. If you can stand up and fess to 7 years, hats off my friend, that takes brass. You are in my old stomping ground of MO where I grew up so maybe it just runs in the red dirt to be honest and forthright. I was in Kennett but the values remained the same..a man is nothing without his word and a coward was never a man at all nor will he be. Values are invaluable. Hats off my friend, at least you have your pride, the respect of your family as well as being able to respect yourself. Hats off indeed. You will pull through this, mine is a walk in the park by comparison but the very same values hold true regardless. I will be walking with you, head held high...chest out and ready to face the consequences.
Old 03-06-2006, 06:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

So a show me state fella huh ?? I guess the state is showing me the error of my ways. Thank you for the kind words. This was my first arrest and the absolute last. At least I will try very hard to stay out of the pokey. Bites huh ?? Nothing like getting frisked and dressed out in jail duds. Orange is so not a winter color....LOL So all we can do from here is our best and try to not make the same mistakes again. I am glad to hear you are getting into an outpatient program. That will certainly help in many ways. also does your state offer like a hardship license. That may be something to consider. Well I am going to go out back, dig up a hole in this red clay and bury all my anxiety and frustrations I have towards myself not really. I do agree with your luck running out theory... I have worked in pharmacy for 15 years and used a majority of that...I was actually relieved when I got caught. wierd how something so traumatic can bring such peace. I am sure there is a book in this somehow. ~B
Old 03-06-2006, 06:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Yep

A Show Me State graduate of cotton under the nails and red clay still running in the veins. Well, the state has changed a bit. We used to have one sheriff who you could wave to with the beer or bottle in your hand from the drive thru beverage store and he would return the favor with his latest purchase. But in that day and age, a man was still a man...honest and true which is a value that I have never waivered on. I made a mistake, you made a mistake, it happens when we make bad decisions. At least we fess up to it and take what is coming...its our way. Good to talk to someone from back home again, been a long time. You take care of yourself. As for me, well I will get the frisking and taking of the laces and everything else as well as the ever stylish jumpsuit and slippers but I will get through as out here on the east coast they have mandatory sentence that the judge (called magistrate here) cannot override. I have respect of those that know and love me and self respect as well. Nobody can put a time limit on that! You take care, I will get through this and you will too!! Thanks for caring and sharing...we will prevail in the end as honesty always does.

P.S. The book is called "Life as We Know It"
Old 03-06-2006, 06:43 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

you are cracking me up !!!!!!!! east coast wit. I need to get out there with the family someday and get a real appreciation of the culture. I grew up on the west coast, moved here as soon as I graduated. So I think it would only be fair to see how the other half live.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:05 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Lol

Good to see you smile!!! Not east coast wit as theirs out here is rather dry..it is just my personal way of dealing with life in my words. Most people out here are kinda dry, obnoxious and have no perception of "tomorrow is another day". Keep smilin kid, there is light at the end of this tunnel and I dont hear a toot from a train!!
Old 03-06-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Paused

I know how badly you must be feeling over all of this. I admire the way you are taking responsibility for your actions. Often times it's easy to make excuses and place blame elsewhere. What a bummer. We learn the hard way don't we?

In Washington state they have deferred prosecution for DWI. Any chance of doing that? They may reduce the charge, but there are big time stipulations attached. Whatever happens or whatever you choose, or perhaps chosen for you, I wish you luck in getting through it. Hang in there Roy. I'm so glad it wasn't any worse than it was.