Notices

I got busted big time..DWI

Old 04-30-2006, 12:41 PM
  # 181 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update. A continuance is a good thing, it gives you extra time to prepare for whatever the outcome is. I'm not sure where you are, but in Texas they can postpone a couple of years. It wasn't that way for me. Mine was said and done in 7 months. You are doing GREAT!!
Old 04-30-2006, 12:47 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Roy,

I'm glad things are going well and you'll be all ready for your court date when it comes along. Isn't it funny how noticing when you're resisting doing something, is exactly when you need it the most. I was like that with journalling. I just really didn't want to and would never get started. Finally, I was desperate because I was struggling so much with guilt. And, it was amazing how quickly it helped. Writing down the words and looking at them was very hard, but somehow the guilt seemed to leave me!
Old 04-30-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 183 (permalink)  
ASH

Originally Posted by tryinagain
I am over halfway to 30 days and winning the battle 24 hours at a time. Roy
Good for you Roy,
I too fight it one day at a time, and that is working for me as well
Old 05-06-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Hi Roy,

Just checking on you. Is everything okay? Let us hear from you. We care!!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 09:11 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

((((((( Roy))))))))

How you doing Roy? Hope all is well, keep us posted mate, we are here for you

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-06-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  
Paused

(((Roy)))
Old 05-07-2006, 03:20 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Hey everybody

Hi all and thank you for the continued concern and check-up. I have just been busy with work, meetings and now I have a sponser too. He and I spent the day here fixing his computer before our afternoon meeting. It was a good discussion and I look forward to many more. He is a great guy with 4 years and I can learn a lot from him or as he says, helping each other. Things are a changin. I celebrate the little but BIG 30 next Sunday. My sponsor and I are one day apart with our quit date so I found that to be extremely cool too. Thanks again for checking on me and I have some work to get done around here but please check back in on me as we never know when we may need it. I have learned that and in the big picture of this thing it is us, not I.
Peace and Prayers,
Roy
Old 05-07-2006, 03:24 PM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Great to hear you are doing so well Roy! it is very theraputic, I have found, to do "stuff" with your Sponser. I shop with mine!!! LOL

Hang in there Roy

Catch you later

HUGX
Lee
Old 05-07-2006, 07:37 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
We all need each other.

Glad to hear you are doing well!! Way to go on the BIG 30!!
Old 05-07-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Paused

Take care Roy and Happy Birthday.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:02 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Good work Roy, glad to hear you are working it! Levi.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 192 (permalink)  

BRAVO!!!

Great to hear.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:31 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thank You

Other than being tired things are great. I still have stress and the bill to money ratio never seems to swing the right direction but at least the funnel that drained into the bottle is capped off so eventually that will change. All in time. Thank you all so very much for caring and sticking with me. I have been on and off here for two years and praying with all that I have as well as doing what I know works to make this time the last and final. I truly believe that I will make it this time. Time will tell but I know that for this moment and this day I am sober and will definitely not have to worry about this 24 as I am going to bed in a moment. I would like to thank everyone here for putting up with me and my relapses over the past two years as I never could seem to get it right, I now understand why. There is much more to quitting that just putting it down which is what I always did before. To believe that 20+ years of self-induced abuse via booze would just go away after walking away is ridiculous as it is a part of everything by that point. So now I listen, work it and then work it some more. If it were not for this site and all the wonderful people here I do not think that I would have ever found the nerve or even opened up to the idea of going to an actual face to face meeting. I mean think about it, most of us were like "Yeah, I drink but those people are wierd and cultish, they are the ones with the REAL problems, I just like to drink". I hear some laughing out there about now. Anyway, I finally got it and am very thankful for you all, as well as everything else in my life right now. Off to bed now. Take care all and treat life well today.
Peace,
Roy
Old 05-08-2006, 05:20 PM
  # 194 (permalink)  
ASH

HI Roy,
Just catching up with your thread, you sound great,
you are on your way and I am sure it feels good.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

Hi Roy,

Just looking in on ya, so glad to hear things are going well. I saw you turned 30, Happy Birthday, and for what it's worth, what I would not give to have gotten this c**p outta my life back then. No, I have not been in the gutter for the last 17 years, but I sure messed up a lot, all the while letting this thing get deeper and deeper into my life. Anyway, not about me.

Hang in there, you are an inspiration to us all!

Steve
Old 05-10-2006, 06:48 PM
  # 196 (permalink)  
Hopefully Healing Up

Thank You

Hey Ash, thanks and yes it does feel a lot better now. One day at a time. Hope you are doing well also.

Steve, LOL man, 30, I am nearly 40 although I have the mind of a teenager. See, that is when I started drinking and the maturity and learning curve stop or at least seriously slow down vs the non-drinker. So, I am basically learning to live over again without a drug or drink to soothe the everyday events and challenges. It is strange that I say that, I used to see only problems and now I see them as opportunities. I really dont care who says what about AA or the like as for this old drunk, it is working and I thank God every moment for the freedom I have found. I am no longer a prisoner of the almighty alcohol. I only get a 24 hour reprieve at a time but I'll take it. One day at a time is fine by me as that is all we get anyway. Nobody knows if they will see tomorrow or even the next hour, really. And dont worry about it "Not being about you". Nothing could be further from the truth. WE recover and beat this thing together. By sharing your experiences good and bad with us (me) it may remind me of somewhere that I was that I do not wish to return. It also may be a success story which gives hope and strength to carry on. One never knows, therefore the beauty of this site and the program. I would love to hear it and if you would rather not post it in the thread, pm me. Many options my friend and we get to the ultimate goal as a team.