Notices

need help...first time here

Old 05-18-2005, 11:40 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

Originally Posted by hopealwayz
Meetings are anonymous.
Meetings are supposed to be anonymous. However, my experience has been that it takes a long time for the anonymity concept to sink into the minds of newcomers (and even some oldtimers!). I am occasionally asked if I saw so & so at a meeting. I lost an opportunity because of outside gossip about what was said in confidence at a meeting. Some of us have to consider statutes of limitations on what we did while whacked out of our skulls.

When making amends would injure ourselves or others, some things are best amended by not doing the behaviour anymore.

My general rule of thumb now is to speak in general terms and, leave out details.
Old 05-20-2005, 05:35 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Doing some better. Haven't gone on a drinking binge. My husband offered to wait outside for me while I'm in the meeting. I'm so lucky to have him. I did find out that in the same building they feed the homeless and offer shelter and voluntary medical attention. I feel better about it now that I know this. I just wasn't prepared when I initially drove over there. Not to mention very edgey tryin to keep this depression from devouring me. I'm praying that the Dr. I'm going to see Wed will help me get some direction and a way to cope. The crying episodes have my eyes bugging out of my head. Thanks for listening again. I really do not want to be a failure.
Old 05-20-2005, 07:00 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

(((Spooky))), you are not a failure, you're a human being, sick, trying to recover. Thats success!!! You're going to a meeting? that's success, you didn't drink yesterday? thats success minute by minute!!!! Way to go!!!
Let us know how the meeting goes for you!!
Hugs, Wendy
Old 05-23-2005, 07:16 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

I'm doing good today. Not crying this morning. Hope that will last thru the day . I am looking so forward to getting some help and relief from this emotional termoil. Wish me luck, it's wed that I make that move and go see the Dr. about all this. I'm as nervous about that as I am about an AA meeting. Actually, I've had this stupid vision of bursting into tears and not being able to stop and the Dr. thinking I have a big crackpot here. I know that's not gonna happen but my imagination is over the top these days. It's amazing the things I feel and think when my head is not swimming in alcohol.

Georgia
Old 05-25-2005, 09:36 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Georgia, How did your Dr. appontment work out? I hope you are feeling better today. Be good to your self. You are with good company at SR. Drop a line wont you?
Stay well and dont forget to smile it helps tons.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:55 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Hi Georgia, hope you are doing well.
Old 05-27-2005, 12:09 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Come out, come out Georgia, whereever you are?
Old 05-28-2005, 11:11 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Stark Raving Sober

Hi Georgia,

How was the meeting??
Old 06-09-2005, 01:40 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

:sweat :sweat :sweat I was really sweating it for a while! I'm back now and am on the right track. I've been sober for 9 days now. My family doctor adjusted my depression med for me and we'll see how it goes. I've been to 2 counseling sessions. Today was a good session. We have a plan now to deal with some issues, including my alcohol addiction. I haven't gone to AA yet but still haven't ruled it out. I feel much better being able to let things out when I'm talking with the counseler. I think I'm going to be okay this time. I had a horrible 2 day drunk on my birthday. The day after I knew for sure I don't want this anymore. It almost feels like I busted loose from a tight chain. I hope you guys will take me back in and help me keep going **without** dragging that heavy chain of alcohol around with me. Thank You all so much for listening to me

Georgia
Old 06-09-2005, 03:11 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Sounding

positive! Good for you.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:11 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Thanks Carol

Day 10 I've made a milestone here!!
Last time I only went 9 days before giving in to the demon. Even though I cried last night and thought about drowning the tears and fears away I DIDN'T. I have alot to feel good about this morning and the coffee is so much better sober..lol
Georgia
Old 06-10-2005, 05:44 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  
knucklehead

Georgia, I have been worried about you. well I dont have to worry about you anymore. I am glad to be reading you again. day 11 is here and you have what it takes to collect another day sober. stay in touch.
Old 06-10-2005, 05:53 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

(((hugs & hugs))))
Georgia, nice to see you!!!!
in reading your post above, i read,...."I think i'm going to be ok this time."
sweetie? take the "i think" off!!! and make it " I am going to be ok"
You are taking steps to help yourself, way to go!!! Pat yourself on the back, you're
working on day 11? Pat yourself on the back!!!
YOu haven't ruled out AA, great! Openmindedness is one of the foundation keys. You have willingness to do what it takes to get and stay sober,Great!!! Pat yourself on the back!!!
Today is all we have Georgia, a daily reprieve.
I'm proud of you!!!
\\//Wendy
Old 06-10-2005, 08:15 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Keith, Wendy and everyone

I am so glad to be able to write to you tonight. I was in the emergency room for almost 4 hours and ended up getting a strong shot of antibiotics and pain killers. I've been dealing with quite a bit of pain for over a week now. I contracted a staph infection from a scratch I got from my dog jumping up on me. Well...it absessed. I couldn't take the pain any more and went to the hospital. My history with emergency rooms is horrific. I can't believe I made it thru without a drink. I DAMN sure wanted one and still do but, I'm fighting with all I have. Even my mile mannered husband had a couple of drinks after we got home from the emergency room. That is extremely rare for him!!! I'm in alot of pain right now but not drinking. I'm trying so hard to stay in there. Please send a prayer my way.
Thanks so much
Georgia
Old 06-10-2005, 11:32 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Miss Behavin'

Prayers sent Georgia!!!! Wow, i'm so glad to hear you went to the doctor!!!!!!
Good for you for fighting that demon, alcohol, when you seem to want it the most, it honestly won't make anything better!!
Keep posting how you feel, especially when you want to drink, we're here for you!!
Sending prayers for your pain to lessen, i hope you can sleep!!!
Sending you energy, strength and courage my friend.
Keep on keepin' on!!!
hugs & hugs, wendy