Notices

Clean House Time Again

Old 05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Well this is all cool stuff...spring is here and it sounds like both of you are staying busy. I've created a couple of around-the-house jobs myself and it's definitely hot down here too. I've found that staying busy helps me with my recovery.
Val
Old 05-12-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Sorry Capt. No room for a pool in my backyard unless I get rid of the 10' x 14' shed we use for equiptment to clean the yard...........................Would love a pool and so would Angelina....................................I must sacrifice the thought and finish working on the Clean House bit on my end............................My brain needs the work and some distractions on the most part.............................................. One Day At a Time........................Love ya all...........................Penny Almost forgot.........Val ....Keep up the good work and don't look back as it could be a distraction more than you think..................Hugs.....
Old 05-14-2005, 07:22 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone..........Missed out on a couple days and need to catch up on things.....................................Here is a job to do in your spare time.............A HILL CLIMB ROAD MAP......[ you design it according to your recovery time and your life before that....] ..........1] Reflecting on your Life..............A] the beginning of the year / B] Your time of Recovery / C ] any significant time or landmark in your life.............................................. ......2] Now Draw a Road Map ...................3] Indicate the : Hills / Valleys / Empty Stretches / Busy Freeways / Indicate Filling Stations / Rest Areas / Stress Areas / ..............................4] Guide Line to Road Map : A] Indicate the direction you are going.........This is the first step of Recovery..............Understand the situation you got yourself into Before getting the help you needed...............B] This spot is where you made a decision to seek help to a safer life and a healthy future............And on you go to seeking out the next steps in thes recovery process..............But not withoout falling flat on your face............Falling is going to happen and yet we just pick up ourself and start again on this Hill Climb........This road map ppoints out the ups and downs in our life............It shows the pot holes we have fallen into while not in recovery and the road as we got ourselves into Recovery........................The Recovery process won't be a Straight Road, but at least it may be a safe one to stay on................................................ On this map we may experience the "Poor Self" "Attitude" that will try to drag us into a very big pot hole........................At this point you need more help than you can give yourself alone....................Make another decision...........give yourself permission to move ahead more in your recovery................You have nothing to fear......The hugs are there for you................................Continue drawing Trees, Cars and more to give yourself more to look back at......................................This is a map of yourself.........It is what you were like before Recovery, when Recovery started and what you are like now......................................Plus any slips you may have gotten into during Recovery time.....................................Good luck on this and take ......ONE DAY AT A TIME .........ONE MOMENT AT A TIME.......................................Love Ya All ......................................Penny....... ...
Old 05-15-2005, 07:28 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Sorry for all the work I gave you guys to do............................But it is a neat project and I am working on my Hill Climb Road Map over ........I did one a long time ago and need to see how it looks now....................................It is time consuming But well worth the effort...................................Our Recovery is important and looking at this Road Map of our live is neat.......................It gives a perspective of what our life was like before the Recovery Process started and what we are like now after being in Recovery.......................................... .................Any way I want to wish you all the best on this ................................Don't pull your hair out trying to do this right..........There is no right way........Just the way your life has gone is the only correct way............................................... ..Clean house is important in Recovery as it gets us back on the right path..............It clears our heads of the stuff we need to set aside and move on with our Recovery.......................................... ....................One Day At A Time......One Day at a Time..........................................Hugs to all this early in the Morning........................................... ....Penny
Old 05-15-2005, 09:56 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Hi Penny,
So glad to see your post this morning. I'm on DAY 5. I'm having a party this afternoon and really need your prayers today to stay sober. I'm not serving alcohol, but the girls may be bringing wine over. Anyway, I'm feeling okay with it all so far. Just keep me in your thoughts today. I'll come back here later today and let you know if I made it through the afternoon. Thanks Penny. You're always supportive!
Your friend, Val
Old 05-15-2005, 10:03 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  
Putting it all together

My house is now sparkling!!!!!

Originally Posted by expenguin
Sorry for all the work I gave you guys to do............................But it is a neat project and I am working on my Hill Climb Road Map over ........I did one a long time ago and need to see how it looks now....................................It is time consuming But well worth the effort...................................Our Recovery is important and looking at this Road Map of our live is neat.......................It gives a perspective of what our life was like before the Recovery Process started and what we are like now after being in Recovery.......................................... .................Any way I want to wish you all the best on this ................................Don't pull your hair out trying to do this right..........There is no right way........Just the way your life has gone is the only correct way............................................... ..Clean house is important in Recovery as it gets us back on the right path..............It clears our heads of the stuff we need to set aside and move on with our Recovery.......................................... ....................One Day At A Time......One Day at a Time..........................................Hugs to all this early in the Morning........................................... ....Penny
Penny-Thanks for the reminder, I started this process about a month ago, had to "divorce" my family and quit. I have now re-cleaned and feel a LOT better....in fact, I had re-cleaned or I could not have "divorced" my alcoholic family....hmmmmm....Kahlia
Old 05-15-2005, 03:32 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hey Penny,
The party's over and I made it through sober. See you on the bus.
Val
Old 05-15-2005, 05:47 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Time to get started.......
Old 05-15-2005, 06:37 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi Gang........Glad Kahlia joined in on all the work I presented above...............The rest of you need to get going especially Val whom I gave this assignment a while back..............Glad to have you back Val and doing so well.....................Hang in there as Day 5 is already over and another day is coming......................................OK .....The rest of you and myself included has lots of cleaning to do.......Soooooo Lets Get Started...........................The day is still young........................................Right HOPE? ........See Ya All tomarrow and see how much work is left.................................One Day At A Time .........Ladies and Gents............................................. ......Penny.........P.S....God is watching us all.............................I just know it........
Old 05-15-2005, 06:48 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Penny

You Can Have My Pool!

Worked All Week To Get It Ready It's 50 Degrees Right Now

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-15-2005, 06:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi Capt. ........No thanks for the pool as I am putting in more paving stones and ground cover..........................maybe later if my husband changes heart....................................Thanks for the offer.............Besides it isn't warm enough for me just yet.........................................Penny
Old 05-17-2005, 07:35 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Another day another moment to have fun with Recovery...........................Clean House would be a good thing to do today.........It looks like the day will be nice and slow.................................Besides Spring Cleaning is almost gone...........................See ya all later...........................One Day at A Time...................................Penny
Old 05-18-2005, 08:22 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Another nice sunny day..........This calls for a picnic outside where we can all enjoy ourselves and get down to cleaning our house..............................Find a nice spot where you have some quiet to think and just sit...........................The nice days do us some wonders and give us the time to get a few thoughts out............................................... .....................Try It , You Will Like It and more.............................................. .....One Day At A Time , One Moment at A Time....................................Just For Today.......................................Penny
Old 05-18-2005, 09:06 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

It is supposed to rain here today. Nice day to stay inside and get some stuff done.
Old 05-21-2005, 07:45 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

No Rain on my side since the sun decided to be on the summer side all this week.............................So time to go on those walks and take the b.book with you and put down those heavy thoughts......................................The dust will rise , but that means we are getting someplace and that is good...........................The day is young soooooo lets get this book work going and don't forget to put down the stuff you never wanted anyone to read.................................That is the stuff that needs to get out the most.............................................. ..........Penny
Old 05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

nice day in ILL. here cleaned out all my negative thoughts on a sail today. A great day, another gift from God
Old 05-28-2005, 07:46 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Today the drizzle is out and the slacking on my clean job has taken its toll...............But one trip on the crack won't get me down and should have no effect on anyone else for that matter.....................................Time to carry on and do a better job than the last couple days.............................................. ............If you get stuck in a crack or hole all you have to do is pick yourself up and follow the coffee crowd as they know where the good meetings are...........................................One Day At A Time is the best way to go...................................Take it slow and you will be just fine for today............................................. .....Don't look back very often and keep up with the reading and writing as it is good for all of us to find that peace of mind we need to keep us going............................................. ...Penny
Old 05-30-2005, 07:34 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

These Holidays can get to a person when you are in the Recovery mode...........................Yet that can't stop us people from having our own fun ....................................Still time to keep the house clean more than ever during this time and during the summer months...........................................S oooooo lets get to it people and keep up the good work.............................................. ..Life goes on for us all no matter what.............................................. Keep the cobwebs out and keep moving forward with all you do .................................................. .....Love ya all.....................................Penny
Old 06-02-2005, 07:44 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

It's that time again and you know how hard the brain works on all this recovery stuff............................................. .Keep up the good work and look at your life as "A WORK" in progress................................You all need to be proud of yourself for the job done well...........................................Kee p up the Clean House effort as it takes ONE DAY AT A TIME..............................This is an on-going process that will never end for the rest of your life.............................................. ....................Find a quiet place outside in the sunshine to sit ( in the shade ) and enjoy the nice relaxing time if you can.............this is your personal time to be alone to put your feelings into action and work on the 12 steps to the best of your ability....................................HAVE A NICE DAY .........ONE MOMENT AT A TIME.............................................. .....Penny
Old 06-03-2005, 07:51 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Time for some more daily cleaning and to be good about it...........No sluffing off now that summer vacation has come our way.........................This process is a daily thing if you don't know that by now.......................................The Cleaning never ends in my house and you all need to clean as much as you think of going in the other direction......................................... .......No One Will Do The Work For You..........This is a personal thing that only YOU can do for yourself........It is a good thing and it does work if you work the program ONE DAY AT A TIME.......ONE MOMENT AT A TIME.............................................H UGS to YA ALL........Be good to yourself.......................................... ..Penny