Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Weekenders, Marching Soberly through the weekend, 19-22 April 2024

Notices

Weekenders, Marching Soberly through the weekend, 19-22 April 2024

Old 04-24-2024, 09:00 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck finding a doctor Aly!

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
I did see that. He did do a play (King Lear) that mentions "full circle" for the first time if my research is correct. He was quite the intellect.
Everyone knows William Shakespear was born in Stratford-upon-Avon but he lived in my my manor - he was a Shoreditch man! Not a lot of people know that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ch-802604.html
Old 04-24-2024, 09:23 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Least I’m so glad that you and Billie are back to walking together.
Buffie is seeing the vet emergently today. She still can bear weight on her left front paw.
Zen I love the kitty meme. Unfortunately Dateline and 20/20 are mostly repeats now. Thankfully I still have Lorden ARTS and Stephanie Harlow on Youtbe.
Reading Andy Warhol’s diary and The River we Remember by William Kent Krueger. I’m going to be finished work later today. Looks like rain.
We’re having a small dinner party this Friday. It’s the first Friday that my husband has had off this year (with the exception of our trip to NOLA). I’m excited but nervous. I’m making a dish that I’ve made a lot but somehow it’s difficult to find one of the ingredients in our small a town. (Frozen pearl onions).
Old 04-24-2024, 11:27 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Peke, all the best with your dinner party preparations! You're vegan, right? Does it bother you to prepare meat dishes? I would love to adopt a plant based diet in time. I think it's a lot of work initially. Right now, I'm focusing on sobriety, and catching up with so many undone tasks.

Saou, "not a lot of people know that". I can hear Michael Caine saying this. I believe he attributed the catchphrase to Peter Sellers.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:22 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Hi Lesh…
It bothers me when I cycle past some sheep and cows. They look so dear. I can’t imagine eating my dog. On some level it does bother me to prepare meat. But I’ve only been plant-based for a short time. I try not to think about it when I’m making my guests’ meals. The cuts are broken down in the markets and I can’t imagine where they were. If that makes sense.
I have a lot of work to do on myself. Mental work. I want to start that. But I can only focus on not drinking now. I’m still new at this.
Old 04-24-2024, 01:52 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Saou, "not a lot of people know that". I can hear Michael Caine saying this. I believe he attributed the catchphrase to Peter Sellers.

Lol! Yeah, it was a message Peter Sellers left on his answering machine - back in the 60s when no one had them, at least not in Britain.
Old 04-24-2024, 02:48 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Good luck finding a doctor Aly!

Everyone knows William Shakespear was born in Stratford-upon-Avon but he lived in my my manor - he was a Shoreditch man! Not a lot of people know that.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...ch-802604.html
I grew up not too far from Shoreditch, Sao. I’m trying to work out how to save/downsize my way back to that area albeit anywhere from Herts downwards. I’m thinking about Sutton in saaf London as it looks OK and relatively cheap. Anyway, I found myself in Shoreditch last summer with my very on/off girlfriend. We went to the Blues Cafe or should that be Booze Cafe! By the time the band started, it was 1130pm! I reckon 90% of the people in there could barely stand! Plenty of decent places, and I picked that one 🤣
Old 04-24-2024, 08:14 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

Saou, interesting read on William Shakespeare.

Peke, gosh insurance is expensive nowadays. Enjoy your dinner party. Your guests will love it. I always like reading about your recipes and cooking.

Leshar, good attitude you have there. one step at a time does it.

Love to all xxxx

Old 04-24-2024, 08:24 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Magsie

New Thread Begins:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2024-a.html (Weekenders, Day One’s a thing of the past? 26-29 April 2024)