Notices

Road of Recovery 31 March ~ 03 April 2023

Old 04-02-2023, 02:46 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tica.

Like you, I stay sober because I want to try to be the best me I can - and I can’t do that the way I drink…

D
Old 04-02-2023, 03:03 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Caramel thank you for your support.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:04 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 26 weeks of sobriety RunnerF
Old 04-02-2023, 03:06 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Robbie64 thanks for your support. Hope all is well.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:09 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Happy Sober Sunday wonderful weekenders!

Congrats RunnerF on your 6 months. Sun's shining here, laundry on the go and I'm heading out for a coffee. All good sober stuff!

Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:15 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RunnerF View Post
Robbie64 thanks for your support. Hope all is well.
I'm feeling great this morning. A few sniffs still but largely much better. I've just got back from a lovely walk around the local village. The sun has finally arrived and there's a definite feel of spring in the air. It was nice to see people walking their dogs or people doing gardening (yard work). Plus the local cafe had quite a few people sitting outside drinking tea or coffee (although for me it's still a bit too cold to do that). Definitely an improvement on the miserable wet weather we've had for the past week or more.
Old 04-02-2023, 03:49 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Robbie, glad you are feeling better.

CanadianKoala, that video is hilarious.

Tica, perhaps you are planting a seed that will take hold. Sorry to hear that about your Mom.

MLD, I hope you didn't loose power or have any damage.

Old 04-02-2023, 06:06 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Hi everyone.

March came in like a lion for me. Had to take over my dads affairs. He ended up in the hospital for two weeks. Me and my entire family got covid. I spent the first two days at his bed side before I started feeling sick. I was so scared that I gave it to him. It's very difficult to advocate for someone when you can't enter the hospital and the medical team are too busy to talk on the phone. I go to his house everyday now, sometimes twice. On Wednesday, I find him stuck in the bathtub. He thought a bath would be nice but discovered he could not get himself up so he sat there most of day waiting for me. He need's new teeth, new glasses, new hearing aids and a bunch of appointments.
Old 04-02-2023, 12:06 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Wow Dragon….that’s a lot going on!

Congrats on 6 months Runner!
Old 04-02-2023, 12:47 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Oh, Dragon; you have a lot on your plate. I feel for you and your Dad - not sure which is more difficult (needing care or being a caregiver).

Congrats, Tina and FunnerF.

Glad you are feeling better, Robbie.

Fantastic video, CK.

and ❤️ , all.

Sunday Blessings, too.
Old 04-02-2023, 01:29 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, weekend's coming to a close soon, but I will be spending it sober. I had a slip last week, and of course a day here, then another day a few days later and I'm back in it.

But not now, I've stopped. Day 2. Part of my new revised plan includes being on SR at least twice a day. I should have come here the first day before I decided a drink was a good idea, which it wasn't.
Old 04-02-2023, 02:21 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

That is a lot STDragon - do you have anyone to help you?
D
Old 04-02-2023, 07:31 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My little beagirl is very talented at destroying dog toys. Ck and son in law came over today early after noon and brought her a new toy, supposedly 'indestructible'... Within three hours she had ripped a big hole in it and taken out the two plastic squeakers.

Old 04-02-2023, 09:12 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Dragon, you’ve got a lot on your plate just now. Hope you and your family are fully recovered from covid. Will you get some help with your dad. My step mum got stuck in the bath too. She now has a seat that will lower and raise to get a bath.
Old 04-02-2023, 09:48 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

End of Day 504 - Ran a 5k in 37 mts, had a good dinner. Time to hit the sack- Good night from snowy Seattle.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:32 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Good to see you Dragon. I empathise the situation with your dad. I try and take care of mine but he is totally uncooperative. A very difficult situation.
Old 04-02-2023, 11:36 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Day 93
I noticed the first big improvement in anxiety yesterday , in the first 3 months it was impossible for me to drink coffee without immediately getting SUPER anxious , i remember even in the beginning of March i tried it a few times and i regretted it every time. Yesterday i felt pretty good but a little sleepy so i decided to have a coffee and if anxiety happens it happens , whatever , but it didn't , so i got so excited that i had another cup right after the first one. I still had no anxiety and i was so happy , a few hours later i had the third cup and the result was the same , it gave me a little boost of energy but absolutely no anxiety increase , this is the first measurable decrease in anxiety for me , a very happy day
Old 04-03-2023, 03:12 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 183.
Old 04-03-2023, 03:56 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Thanks for the feed back everyone. Yes, it is difficult for my father, he was completely independent up until this point. He came out of the hospital much weaker than when he went in. I have a sister who's 15 minutes out of town. She has a raft of her own medical problems and doesn't quite get it regarding dad's condition. I have my immediate family for support, my wife and son, our therapy sessions have really been helping to strengthen our bonds. Tho right now, Dad doesn't want anyone else to see him in "this state" (his words). Luckily for me, he is easy to talk to (When he has his ears in) and when the time comes, he is willing to move into an assisted living arrangement.
Old 04-03-2023, 05:56 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

That is a lot, STDragon (good to see you). But it's good that he is willing to move at some point. My father refused, until his health got so bad that he ended up in a nursing home and then passed away shortly after. He would have lived longer if he had consented to assisted living. He had type 2 diabetes that he ignored for a couple of decades, but he could not ignore it past a certain point, and by then, there was so much damage (legally blind, heart attacks, kidney failure, and more) . He was pretty stubborn and thought he could do a better job caring for himself on his own. I'm glad you have some support.