Notices

Road of Recovery 31 March ~ 03 April 2023

Old 04-04-2023, 03:48 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Yes, great tree. I've been growing a blackberry bush. Got two whole blackberries last year, double the previous years production!

Kaily, sorry but I had a chuckle at your dad's shoe repair. Sounds like something my dad would do. You should see his glasses and all the glue and tape holding them together.

I also used sugar when I quit alcohol. Mostly sugary drinks, but lots of ice cream too. My blood sugar levels ere not good and Doctor told me I was headed for diabetes. That was the motivation for me. I still have the occasional slice of birthday cake, a cookie or two or bit of chocolate. It's very easy to slip back into candy land. I often catch myself starting to get a bit carried away.

Oh I absolutely LOVE hot cross buns with loads of butter and a slice of cheese. Mmmm, it's been a long time since I've had one. With the rest of the family being celiac, gluteny things like hot cross bus don't make into the house anymore.

Whishing everyone a good day.
Old 04-04-2023, 06:05 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I thought limes were green but I know you know your own tree Captain . It's not April the 1st is it?

Dragon, well done on cutting down on the treats. I'm not a one biscuit type person. Buns should just be banned, never had one with cheese though.

My tulips

Old 04-04-2023, 06:35 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Captain, I love the lime tree.
Old 04-04-2023, 08:07 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I found that if one lets the limes ripen, until the fruit almost turns slightly orange, they get sweeter and less green. You are quite right Kaily, if the fruit is still green,the flesh is much greener. Either way, nice with some soda water and comes with no regrets!

Lovely tulips, I can almost smell them!
Old 04-04-2023, 08:38 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

A lovely spring tulips photo Kaily!

I meant to do some gardening the other day but have only just got around to it this afternoon. I love the smell of freshly cut grass. It definitely makes it feel like spring is in the air.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:07 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Probably the difference between your limes Captain and ones we get here is the amount of sunshine!

Yes Robbie freshly cut grass does smell spring like, lovely.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:09 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

There are yellow and green lime plants, Kaily honey. And your tulips are divine. ❤️
Old 04-04-2023, 10:44 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hiya Weekenders.

Good to see you Aly. Sorry your Pc got hacked. There’s so many scam emails. It is scary.

CaptainHaddock, love your lime tree. It has grown well in the tub. I’ve never seen yellow limes, that I know of anyway.

Kaily, love your tulips. ❤️

Dragon since Mr. Mags became gluten intolerant (after his gallbladder removal surgery) I appreciate how difficult it can be making meals. The only way seems to be making them from scratch. Takes a while to get your head round everything. A friend, who is celiac, gave us a tasty recipe for carrot cake. Though to be honest it seems more like a fruit and nut loaf.

We bought a very small tree for the small front garden, “Snow Showers - weeping white cherry. Looks cute. Hope it likes its new home.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 04-04-2023, 11:13 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

Yay to see the regulars, and those I’ve missed, hoping to see more of Sao too.

Great pics on gardens, trees, etc, great on those sober times everyone!

Im hit and miss here too, as I’m trying to balance posting, reading, and support and my computer time.

Lots of love to those just reading, and to anyone struggling.

Diet and Food Explained, by William Porter is good. It’s not about Diet, per se, but non nutritious versus nutritious, and those gall darn cravings, where they come from, and how we can handle them. I think you got it Kaily, sitting with them for the first 90 days is a good path to start on.
Old 04-04-2023, 11:55 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

I think we need a tree pic Mags.

Thanks Free
Old 04-04-2023, 12:17 PM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Magsie

Ok will do Kaily, I’ll take one in the morning. It is more like a little twiggy thing though. Bless it.
Old 04-04-2023, 07:21 PM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Thank you so much for the welcome backs! So kind. I missed many of you a lot and I'm glad to be slowly getting back to the threads.

Mags, honey, how is your wrist? Thank you for your lovely PM.
Hope this weekend coming up is a good one for you all. It seems like this week is going rather quickly! I'm doing laundry at one of my sister's house either tomorrow or Thurs. I forgot. I kind of hope it's Thurs. I've been kind of worn. I have to have my iron checked again. We're talking now, the one with the kids but the other one and I are on the outs. It can be touchy.
My nephew did really well at the Stanford Invitational, Jackson. His twin, Anthony, tore his patellar tendon, so he couldn't play. They are both going on to graduate school and Jack got accepted to a prestigious Economics program. Those twins are the whole package, handsome, smart, kind, wonderful people. They're very funny too. I just adore them, if you can't tell. LOL.
Love and peace to you all. xxoo
Old 04-04-2023, 11:34 PM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Magsie

Aly, pleased your nephews are doing well. I remember how fondly you spoke of them. It’s good your sister is getting on with you ok. Hopefully your other sister will come round. Time has a way of mellowing things.

It feels like it’s going to be a nice day. Sun’s trying to get out.

Not much happening today I don’t think. Just pottering about.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 04-05-2023, 02:42 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Kaily, wonderful tulips.

Dragon, we have wild blackberries in front, but the animals get them so fast.

My kumquats would start out a variegated green, then turn a light orange, at which stage they could be used as lemons. Then they would turn a darker orange and loose the acidity and tartness after a freeze or two. The cold got that tree this winter though.

Mags, the weeping white cherry tree sounds very attractive.

Aly, I hope it gets better with the other sister. Your nephews sounds like good kids/young men.

Old 04-05-2023, 04:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Pledging for today. Day 185.

Wishing all my best for peace and serenity.
Old 04-05-2023, 08:09 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Magsie

Runner congratulations on day 185
Old 04-05-2023, 08:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I have tried several times to go to sleep but can't do it cause the itching is so bad I can't sleep. . I took my meds for it but it hasn't helped yet. I've been awake most of the night and am so tired. All I want to do is lie down and sleep.
Old 04-05-2023, 09:24 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

It may be restless leg syndrome Least

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/restle...rome/symptoms/
Old 04-05-2023, 09:12 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  
Administrator

new thread here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...il-2023-a.html (Easter Weekend Sober and present- Weekenders Thread 07 - 11 April 2023)
D