Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Don’t Quit this weekend - Weekenders 30 September - 03 October 2022

Notices

Don’t Quit this weekend - Weekenders 30 September - 03 October 2022

Old 10-05-2022, 12:36 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

I had a negative covid test this morning. I'll do another tomorrow morning and if that's negative too then it means I am definitely covid free. I hope my body soon gets the message though as I feel shattered! It's good timing as on Friday I'm booked in to have a flu jab... I was also booked in next week to have a covid jab but have had to cancel that one as you have to wait 28 days from testing positive for covid to having a covid vaccination.

I hope everyone has a good day
Old 10-05-2022, 12:52 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Rox's Teeth are fine, but the vet dicovered a heart murmur..on meds. No more demanding walks.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:02 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Rox's Teeth are fine, but the vet dicovered a heart murmur..on meds. No more demanding walks.
Sorry to hear that PJ. Hopefully Roxy will be fine.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:55 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree Kaily, definitely your tea! I have spates of eating stuff too. I can’t always get my head round it Mince pies are in the shop. Yummy.

PJ, sorry about her heart murmur, hopefully you’ll be able to tempt Roxy to take the medication.

Robbie, Woohoo, good news on the negative test. Are you still able to have the flu jab hopefully, so soon after having covid.

Old 10-05-2022, 04:59 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Try not to worry about the heart murmur too much PJ. I'm sure you can still walk her a couple of hours a day except in very hot weather. Just makes her more special.

Funny you mentioned mince pies Mags, I just came home with four and a pot of cream .

Glad you are on the mend Robbie. Hope the tiredness subsides soon.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:37 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Mags, I did look up about having a flu jab after having had covid and couldn't see anything. I might phone the surgery tomorrow once I've (hopefully) had a second negative test and see what the receptionist says.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:50 AM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I got through the past few days and then had a bump in the road this morning.

yesterday was a great day. I had a great flow and ended on a positive note. One of the managers mentioned I would possibly be set up in different areas of the warehouse and not in one particular area and I don't handle uncertainty well at all. I do understand the importance of cross-training, but I have a mindset of a person who likes to know where they will be and what the role is before I start. When uncertainty hits I immediately go into a shell and go into introvert mode.

I expressed my thoughts to the recruiter to touch base with the company and let them know. Back to work in the morning and I'm hitting an AA meeting in a few minutes. I haven't touched alcohol and I'm really proud of that.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:06 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good work AthensDawg. It’s good to let them know how you feel.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:54 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  
saoutchik

PJ, when I was a kid our red setter had a heart murder but lasted another half a decade and that was despite his intense opposition to taking his heart pills so Roxy stands a good chance of being around for quite a while yet.

Good new Robbie!

Well done Athens, hang in there.

Old 10-05-2022, 01:02 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

I am ok with the heart murmur stuff. Pushed her first time taken med in a blob of marg...she ate(?) it. Now the hunt for a reasonably priced vet. A preexisting condition, so no point getting insurance.
Old 10-05-2022, 02:32 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

I suggest peanut butter PJ. Or cheese. We always used to hide the pills in a cube of tasty cheese. The dogs just swallowed, no probs. s xx
Old 10-05-2022, 03:22 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

We do the peanutbutter thing also with meds for the sweetie pie. Occasionally she will somehow lick the peanutbutter off and the pill will be stuck to her lip. Sometimes i mash a small bit of bread around it and she just swallows it.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:16 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Magsie

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...er-2022-a.html (A New Direction - Weekenders 07 - 10 October 2022)