Notices

Hi

Old 10-02-2022, 12:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi im was member of turkish armed forces for last 15 years, in past 20 days i just lost everything i got, because of drinking problem i just fire upon captured terorists and killed them in return after a military court im now jobless lost and even my gf (she is most important thing in my life) doesnt talk to me. İm f.d up. Is it possible to recover after age of 35?
Old 10-02-2022, 06:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sgttychus View Post
Hi im was member of turkish armed forces for last 15 years, in past 20 days i just lost everything i got, because of drinking problem i just fire upon captured terorists and killed them in return after a military court im now jobless lost and even my gf (she is most important thing in my life) doesnt talk to me. İm f.d up. Is it possible to recover after age of 35?
I hung up my drinking problem at 52, but I don't recommend waiting that long. Some quit even later. Were you ordered to kill those terrorists, or did you just lose control in angry frustration? War is a horrible thing, and it does bad things to good people.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DriGuy View Post
I hung up my drinking problem at 52, but I don't recommend waiting that long. Some quit even later. Were you ordered to kill those terrorists, or did you just lose control in angry frustration? War is a horrible thing, and it does bad things to good people.
I lost my control i was drunk and angry that was a wrong action at all caused my whole career. Lost everything.
Old 10-02-2022, 02:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Certainly it's possible to quit drinking and recover at your age, many do.. in your case it sounds like a really good idea.

Old 10-02-2022, 03:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Quitting drinking alcohol is the best thing you can do for yourself. Now is the time to do it. Make a change, life will get better.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I can't tell you it is not going easy to stop drinking. I can say from experience it will be well worth the effort.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:57 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Is it possible to recover after age of 35?

Yes. My drinking career was still manageable at age 35.

My drinking started to get real bad at about age 45. But I still didn't manage to quit for good until my early 50's.

Stop now, and don't prolong your misery like I did.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
nez

I lost my control i was drunk and angry that was a wrong action at all caused my whole career. Lost everything.
Use this very important knowledge to make changes and move forward to a better future. I didn't use my very important knowledge until I was 50 and finally quit drinking, so it can definitely be done at age 35. There is no better time to make a change and stop drinking, than now! Time is wasting! My drinking never got better, only got worse.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Is it possible to recover after age of 35?
Yes, yes it is!

I quit drinking last year in December at age 64 after being an alcoholic most of my adult life. I wish I had done it earlier, but it is what it is. It wasn't easy, but it has been very worth it. At 35 you have a lot of life ahead of you still and a long time to make right anything you now regret if you chose to do that.

I would like to suggest to you to take this seriously, read and learn about alcoholism and addiction, and accept that you will need to change how you think about it all. For me a big part of quitting has been about changing my thought patterns, accepting that I will be happier sober, that I really, deep down, don't want the addicted life I was living.

We can't change the past, but the future is ours to make happen. You can do this!
Old 10-05-2022, 08:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
kes

Hi,

I think alongside tackling your alcoholism, you will need help with the psychological trauma you have suffered. The 2 things are most likely interlinked in my opinion. It's so much harder to quit when your mind is in disarray. I would seek the help of your Doctor who should be able to refer you to the right team. You may have PTSD, if so,this will need to addressed in order to move forward with your alcoholism.

Good Luck and all the best.