Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Don’t Quit this weekend - Weekenders 30 September - 03 October 2022

Notices

Don’t Quit this weekend - Weekenders 30 September - 03 October 2022

Old 10-01-2022, 10:52 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Robbie I too am lucky, we won't go cold or hungry but I know a few who may and its so sad, it's going to be a tough winter, congrats on 1 month 👏 keep going it gets better and better. Hope you fully recover from covid soon, your so right about everything tasting of cardboard! Makes food very unappealing, my taste came back withing about 3 weeks but my smell took longer and even now nearly a year later it disappears intermittently! Its very weird.

Seems there's a few brits on this thread, it was a lovely day weather wise for us yesterday wasn't it, hope everyone managed to enjoy it.

Have a great sober Sunday everyone.

Old 10-01-2022, 11:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Alpine great moon and water pic. The perfect duo. Methinks.

If the moon could speak…wonder what it would say. It’s there so grand and reliably splendored, doing what it should be doing.

Kaily, I’ve not watched strictly this season yet, is it good? I used to watch it avidly. I must start watching it again. Though I have been watching bake off and like that.

Hi BritBird, it was nice here yesterday too, sunny for a lot of the day. I’m in North Lincolnshire. Though it’s still called South Humberside too. The powers that be changed it to SH then changed it back again.

Feeling rough still. Allergies and rhinitis. Woke up real early and had some hot lemonade (I warm it in the microwave) with honey and slices of lemon, seemed to settle it down a bit. My head’s been so cotton woolly these last few days. At least I haven’t got a hangover to deal with too. That’s a bonus.

Have a good sober Sunday. If you’re struggling don’t be afraid to shout out. We know what it’s like.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 10-01-2022, 11:58 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Magsie

Vinny, it’s good to see you. Pleased you and your family ok.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

VERY spring weather . The heady scent of blooms..wisteria, irises ,tupils, native/intro'd grasses, almost overwhelming . I think it's part of the reason my graft hand has become really swollen.
Old 10-02-2022, 12:45 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Sorry you are feeling poorly, Mags. You don't seem to be getting much respite from it lately, must be very wearing
Strictly is just the same as ever, I'm not a big fan but it is easy watching on a Saturday evening. No favourites yet! I tend to avoid Bake Off as it sets my cake cravings off .
Old 10-02-2022, 02:39 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Mags, I hope you feel better today. When I was still drinking, the spring and fall allergies would get me badly. It still affects me, but not as bad.

Britbird, my sense of smell quit doing that intermittent disappearing thing after a year or so. I hope yours quits doing it also.
Old 10-02-2022, 04:16 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Mags, great poem
Great moon pics, everyone.
Kaily, aren’t you so pleased those are just dreams? I had a smoking dream 15 years after I quit. I woke up mortified, then so pleased I didn’t have to quit all over again. 🤓❤️
Robbie, great on 30 days, that first month was HARD for me.
Brit,NINE MONTHS!

Calmself, there’s a thread where day counters post their day counts, with some really cool numbers on that thread, and a 24 hour thread for ODAAT check ins. Check it out

Sao, your presence here is amazing
Cityboy, how’s it going? Seems you got past the rough spot last month

Old 10-02-2022, 05:21 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hi all, hope this day finds you well.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:09 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I am late to the Weekenders. I was in the ER yesterday for about 5 hours. Turns out I have Diverticulitis. I was in a lot of pain and had chills. I am now on 2 antibiotics for 10 days and a liquid diet for 3 days. Feeling a little better today. Just taking tylenol though they gave me a scrip for Norco. But I am not going there. Never had a problem with pain pills but don't want to take a chance.

I can't remember if I mentioned that my family in Florida is okay after Hurricane Ian. Brother and sister lost power but it is back. They are in St. Pete and dodged a bullet. My cousin was closer to the eye and inland a bit. No power and her house is surrounded by water but she is alive.
We had 4 or 5 inches of rain from it here and some strong winds but did not lose power.
Old 10-02-2022, 09:56 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

CBS, pleased to hear your family are safe albeit had close shaves with the hurricane. I hope the antibiotics help the diverticulitis. glad you’re feeling a bit better.

Hi Alpine, good to see you.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:01 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Hi CBS, that doen’t sound like fun but I’m glad you are feeling a bit better today. It must be a relief that your family are unscathed, although I guess your cousin suffered some damage to her property.

It is one of those Sunday nights when I feel stressed out about work and the week ahead. I like the work itself, but the pressure and stress is rather relentless. I almost cannot see myself doing this for another 15 years. But hey, I can’t just call it quits and open a bonsai nursery or something like that instead. In times like this I often tell myself at least I’m sober, and it does help a bit. Rant over.

Mrs Haddock and I watched the latest James Bond movie last night, for the first time would you believe.

Old 10-02-2022, 11:45 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Get well soon CBS.

Sorry you are feeling that way Captain, I hope the week is much better than you anticipate.
Old 10-02-2022, 01:09 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Thank you Free2, that was a very nice compliment.

Sending positive vibes your way Mags, CBS.

Watched the London Marathon which is always a great spectacle but my tinnitus is playing up a bit to to proximity firstly a steel band and latterly a jazz band but most enjoyable. It was a bit too hemmed in to get any decent pics. The part of London we watched it from is called the Isle of Dogs which hundreds of years ago used to be a Marsh. No one knows for sure why it is called the Isle of Dogs (for starters, it's not actually an island but a peninsular)

Attached Images
Old 10-02-2022, 09:47 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

End of Day 323 - Good night from Seattle.
Old 10-02-2022, 10:14 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

CaptainHaddock, I sympathise. I had a job I liked but it became very stressful. I hope you can make it less stressful somehow or find another job with less stress and like as much.

Hope we all had a good sober weekend.

Old 10-02-2022, 10:18 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Magsie

Goodnight calmself, congratulations on 323
Old 10-02-2022, 10:24 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Mags from SH or North Lincolnshire lol, hope you are feeling better soon, allergies are so annoying.
Cityboy, glad it may disappear soon then, seems to getting longer and longer between episodes but least its better than when had none! I kept burning things lol.
Free, I KNOW feels good, hope you are well.
​​Get well soon CBS.
Captain, hope you have a good week, nothing worse than that Sunday night feeling.
Kaily, I agree about bake off, it makes me hungry! Although I do enjoy the celebrity ones as sometimes their creations and mistakes can be quite comical lol.
Red, hope your doing ok?

Another weekend done then, busy busy week ahead for me with very little downtime but heyho, love early nights these days so I'll get lots of those in.
Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-02-2022, 11:09 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi BritBird. have a good day!
Old 10-02-2022, 11:40 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Beautiful day for the marathon yesterday, I'm glad I think people need a boost. Had a lovely pink sky a short while ago, clouded over now but it was very pretty while it lasted.
Alfie and Daisy are both very tired after a weekend of walking many miles, they only have little legs but are very fit.
Visiting my Dad and taking him shopping today.

Not getting up!

Old 10-03-2022, 12:27 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily, gorgeous pic of Alfie (I think?) . Hope the shopping trip goes well with your dad. It’s the first year I’ve not watched some or all of the marathon.