Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

We got Sober…Where do we go from this point on? Weekenders 15 - 18 July 2022

Notices

We got Sober…Where do we go from this point on? Weekenders 15 - 18 July 2022

Old 07-15-2022, 04:28 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
We can meet. I would love that. We could go fishing. I think we can work that out one day. I have faith. ❤️
I now remember talking about that in the Class while back. A fishing trip.
That would be awesome!
purps you are more than welcome to come along or we could join yalls trip.
Your have been a great help also especially in the beginning.

Everyone is welcome!
As Sheriff Brody told Captain Quint,
" you're gonna need a bigger boat!"
😀
Old 07-15-2022, 04:31 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thanks Kaily.
PJ, I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with depression. I do understand the feeling of being completely disconnected from the world. It sounds like Roxy is good for you. She is lucky to have you.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:49 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Free2bme, that is such a powerful story about the cruise ship! I'm taking that with me as I cruise into the weekend ... which for me starts right now.
PS: I bet you loved your cruise because you remembered it all! I went on a cruise several years ago and I guarantee you I didn't remember all of it, which is too bad, because it is was lovely place.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:51 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello Weekenders,
I'm checking in for a sober weekend. I'm struggling with severe depression and can hardly function. Yet another medication trial, it's very wearying. I can just about brush my teeth, that's all.

Kaily, I'm so sorry about your ME. That must be a huge challenge. You did your best with that poor dog.

FK, thanks for the inspiring post. Your story and contributions have helped me a lot.
Thanks
Knowing folks take something from my posts helps me too.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:40 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Leshar View Post
Hello Weekenders,
I'm checking in for a sober weekend. I'm struggling with severe depression and can hardly function. Yet another medication trial, it's very wearying. I can just about brush my teeth, that's all..
I'm going through the exact same thing. My psychiatrist has started me on yet more new medications, but they are not working yet. I understand what you are going through.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Hey can I join in on the fishing trip?! I have some extra fly and tenkara rods.
As for depression, boy have I been there and still struggle at times. I send all of you positive energy and hugs.
I have to agree once again that I am so very grateful I found SR and the wonderful people that have helped me along my path to sobriety.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Of course dear Alpine. And s ❤️
Old 07-15-2022, 09:03 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Its a lovely cool morning in my part of England. I couldn’t see the sunrise as it was too cloudy though the weather forecasters are predicting heat waves next week. So we’ve got all the fans ready.
Times like this I wish for air con in the home. But it doesn’t usually last long here so seems a waste for most of the year. I guess with the climate change we may have more hot weather in the future.

I never tire of no hangovers on a Saturday morning. I can’t believe I’d make myself ill drinking so much only to repeat as soon as I could. Pleased to have left the crazy boozy life.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 07-16-2022, 12:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Good Morning Weekenders!

It's a lovely sunny, sober, Saturday. I've got quite a few things lined up for today to keep me busy. I'll be cutting the lawn this morning. Then shopping and later going for a walk. Plus lots of sport on TV. And eating food, of course.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday
Old 07-16-2022, 02:21 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Once again I fell asleep on the couch in the living room. I woke up in the middle of the night and carried myself off to bed. I was having a bad dream about work just there. I jumped out of bed and tripped over something. I called my Dad almost in tears aa I thought I was late again. He said "Tetra? Today is Saturday but you need to stop sleeping on the couch".! Oh bloody hell. I'm going back to lie in bed for an hour.
Old 07-16-2022, 03:40 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Morning all! We may head out for an early paddle board time then take care of a bunch of misc chores. I am pretty itchy from being a pin cushion a few days. Happy to be here and to be sober.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Alpine you are more than welcome to join us. Bring an extra fly rod. I've always wanted to learn how to fly fish.
Mags re: heat and ac, the ac went out in our rental yesterday and the tech has to ask permission to make the repair due to cost.
I like the hot weather, when I'm outside.
Inside not so much so I IMMEDIATELY went out and got portable ac unit so we could have a cool place to sleep.
I feel for yall trying to sleep in that heat.
I can suffer through a lot of discomfort but a hot home is one I try to avoid at all costs.
Old 07-16-2022, 04:50 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

I watched my Dad struggle with depression, Well, with the best observational powers of a self centered 20-something. A few years ago it was my daughter. I supported the best I could, but the honest truth is I could never know what it's really like for her on in the inside. Regardless, I wouldn't wish it on anyone. I hope you guys find your balance.
Old 07-16-2022, 05:23 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I have to be honest and it kills me to have to say this but I drank yesterday. It’s been a long time and I got into a total mess. So, Day 1 again, so ashamed of myself. I could make all the excuses in the world but fact is I was so uncomfortable in my head and feelings I defaulted back to my old coping mechanism. It fixed nothing and only made things worse. For those suffering with depression I really feel you, pretty depressed myself and getting out of this funk seems so impossible.

Anyhow it’s a nice day today so going to try my best to be grateful for the warm weather and another chance to remain sober.

xx
Old 07-16-2022, 05:48 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  

(((Manta))) Glad you came right back….I can’t say I wouldn’t have done the same thing!

Old 07-16-2022, 06:31 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Sending peaceful vibes manta.

Don't bet yourself up. You are back.
Old 07-16-2022, 07:12 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Glad you came right back, Manta Lady!

Happy Saturday to all. I don’t post a lot here but I do read the posts several times a day. I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

LHW
Old 07-16-2022, 07:23 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Manta, don't beat yourself up, you are back and still here with us.
Doing well, just got back from a morning paddle board which was nice. We may go out later today/evening.
I myself do not like the heat or being hot at all. I would rather be cold, I can always do something to warm up.
I am sorry to all of you suffering with depression. I have it too and it is not fun.
Fish, I would be delighted to teach you how to fly fish
Old 07-16-2022, 07:45 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Manta

I've just been for an afternoon walk through the park and the local village centre. What a difference to Thursday night when there was no-one around. Everywhere was busy. It was great to walk through the park and to see all the families out and about. Kids playing on the swings, families having picnics. I'm back home now with a cup of tea and a carrott cake slice and watching football on TV. It's a nice, relaxing, Saturday afternoon.
Old 07-16-2022, 08:16 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders,
Running Scared, I'm sorry that you understand all too well what dealing with depression entails. That goes for all who suffer this miserable scourge.

MantaLady, I'm sorry you're going through a bad time. But you're right back, and that is what matters. Are you finished chemo?