Notices

Flow In, Flow Out - Weekenders 06 - 09 May 2022

Old 05-09-2022, 05:32 PM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Oh, thank you so so so much Robbie: I have been looking for that for years. s ❤️❤️
Old 05-09-2022, 05:41 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Mags, grateful you are around, Snoochies

Old 05-09-2022, 06:42 PM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Sober-T- Dragon

Good game for the Penguins fans...
Old 05-09-2022, 09:59 PM
  # 104 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

MantaLady, glad the treatment went ok yesterday. Hope you managed some sleep last night love.

Hi and thanks Nefer, always love your roses.

Gosh, ELO, great music , love it! Thanks Suze and Robbie.

feeling a bit blah with the old hay fever and allergies this morning.

Love to all Weekenders xxxx
Old 05-09-2022, 10:26 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Not feeling so bad now, we got a lot of packing done today. I know it 'cause I have a terrible backache. There's still a lot to do though. I hate moving although I'm moving to a better place.

Marty I'm glad Chauncey is showing some improvement. I hope the time you have left with him is wonderful.
Old 05-09-2022, 10:29 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Morning Peeps! Slept well and the party went quiet about 9:30 so can’t grumble. I’ve had a bit if hay fever this year too Mags, very annoying.

Had a few cravings for a drink last night, luckily not feeling too hot is definitely helping keep me on the sober bus.

Have a lovely day everyone and hugs to all who need them x
Old 05-09-2022, 10:51 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  
Magsie

That’s good MantaLady x

Least, it’s very hard work moving and can be stressful too. Take care of your back, go gently. x
Old 05-09-2022, 11:17 PM
  # 108 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning, glad you are feeling a bit better least.

Good to see you Nefer.

Enjoyed hearing some ELO (and the Move)

All the best MantaLady.

I paid my fuel bill and council tax yesterday. Sheesh!
Old 05-09-2022, 11:34 PM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

I hear you Sao! My gas and electric direct debit went up from £61 a month to £133 a month! Eye watering!
Old 05-09-2022, 11:59 PM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Morning all.

MLD, I hope there is more improvement with little Chauncey today, sounds promising.
One of my previous dogs had similar symptoms to him, sadly he went down hill very quickly. The vet gave him antibiotics and the equivalent of a B12 injection to try and give him a boost. After a few days there was no improvement and as he was no longer eating I made the difficult decision to let him go. He was 17.

Leshar, sorry you are feeling lonely and isolated. As said before I totally relate. Do you have any pets? Mine make such a huge difference to my life. Obviously they don't fill the void of human company but they certainly help. I highly recommend dogs in particular. They make you go out everyday, they are loyal and loving and totally nonjudgmental. A true best friend.

Mags, I hope the allergies improve as the day goes on. I just heard on the news that certain antihistamines are in short supply. I hope it doesn't affect your medication.

Manta, glad things are going relatively well. Pesky AV pops up trying to cause havoc needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves and ignored.

I have lost half a stone (7lbs) in 2 weeks but I feel hungry and tired all the time. I am trying to get use to the hungry feeling and accept it, bit like the AV. I would like to lose the same again and then somehow retain that weight. The only thing that really works for me is barely any carbs hence the tiredness. I don't know. Oh to be young again when you could eat what you like and not put on an ounce.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:13 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
Magsie

Kaily. I remember those days.Sigh. Skinny as a rake and eating what I liked. How the tables turned.
Hopefuly the injections and antihistamines will keep coming. I remember epi-pens were in short supply last year or year before.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:42 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

Prayers Leshar

These words in my tiny little brain today

Stabbing Westward - The Thing I Hate - YouTube
Old 05-10-2022, 12:58 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MantaLady View Post
I hear you Sao! My gas and electric direct debit went up from £61 a month to £133 a month! Eye watering!
I've got that to look forward to at the end of this month. I've been on a fixed deal for my electricity and gas for a couple of years and only pay £58 a month. Unfortunately the fixed deal ends on 31 May and I've worked out from my usage that my direct debit is going to at least double, probably to about the same as yours in fact. Thankfully I have some credit on my account which will help cushion the blow a little bit.
Old 05-10-2022, 02:46 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Originally Posted by PhoenixJ View Post
Prayers Leshar

These words in my tiny little brain today

Stabbing Westward - The Thing I Hate - YouTube
^^^ that would make a good driving song.
Old 05-10-2022, 07:10 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders,
Thanks Kaily and PJ and all of you.
Kaily, I had a cockatiel for 16 years. He died In November 2019. I do miss him a great deal. He was funny. Funnily enough I dreamt about him last night. We used to have a morning routine where I'd call out to him in the living room from my bedroom and we'd sing and chat back and forth. He was good company. He was flighted and flew all over the house, making a mess! But I was still drinking. I regret often that I wasn't a good enough mum, and would shout at him when he'd have a screaming session. He didn't like to be caged, and hated to be left alone.
I'd never have another bird. My husband had cockatiels before I met him and we got this birdie together. I'd love to have a dog, but I don't think I'm well enough, yet.
Good for you with the weight loss.

Least, take it easy with your packing.
Love to all.
Old 05-10-2022, 08:58 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'd love to have a dog, but I don't think I'm well enough, yet.
well you know yourself better than anyone else but in lots of circumstances having a dog can actually help with healing.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:59 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Good evening weekenders,

Thanks Mags for the thread. How true that we need both sources of inflows and outflows in our lives if we are not to stagnate.

I've been on a big adventure this weekend with a trip to London for a party. It was a good test of my mental heath and sobriety to travel all the way there, attend the party (sober), stay on my own in a strange hotel, meet up with old friends and return home. I'm pleased to say I passed this self-imposed test with flying colours, although a few wayward thoughts and feelings had to be dealt with. I didn't miss drinking at all and have laid to rest some ghosts of drinking travels past.

So, my gas and electricity bills in the new flat seem huge, hay fever has hit and I'm horribly behind with my work again. But I'm grateful and I wouldn't swap this new life for my old for anything. Sobriety rocks!

Thanks everyone for your brilliant company as always. Warm wishes to all. Forwards.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:36 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
saoutchik

I quite enjoyed Stabbing Westward. Crap day today dealing with people who don't do what they say they will. At least I won't be drinking over it (I definitely would have in the past)

Ps congratulations on losing 7lbs Kaily.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Hi Least,
I've never had a dog. I think it would be a big challenge right now. I love dogs and have dog and house sat for friends. Maybe in time. I love reading about your Billie!
Old 05-10-2022, 04:23 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Jeff Lynne is a real Pioneer. Read here about his amazing background:

Jeff Lynne ~ A Short Bio

Stellar Songwriting in a different Tonal Mode from his fabulous Solo Disc 'Armchair Theatre'...

'Now You're Gone' ~ Jeff Lynne