Notices

need words of hope

Old 05-05-2022, 10:27 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Oh John I'm sorry to hear this news. I hope the doctors and the hospital and the chemo can get you straightened around.
Old 05-05-2022, 12:46 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear, John. At least you're getting the care that you need. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and future health.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:10 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing you a very good outcome John

D
Old 05-05-2022, 03:16 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh View Post
I am so very, very sorry to hear this news, John. Here for you (IRL, too). Please reach out if you need anything.
I might take your offer for IRL support. One of the problems when in the hospital was having nobody to help. Tough doing everything on my own. Thanks, John
Old 05-05-2022, 03:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
Oh my gosh John!

I am very glad you are home after what sounds like a really tough and frightening 10 days.

Sending you a hug

It is good to know that there is a proactive plan in place to get rid of the tumor and get you back to health—are they getting you some extra help / support at home as you recover? Getting healthy food prepped, keeping your place tidy, shopping, etc?
No mention of outside support yet but it's early. Both the VA and my health insurance provide help if needed. Thanks, John
Old 05-05-2022, 03:23 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

I will beat this!!!! Had prostrate cancer and kicked that to the curb. I'll do it again. John
Old 05-05-2022, 03:30 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Oh my gosh I am so sorry. I will keep you in my thoughts. I wish I could help you out. Big hug.
Old 05-05-2022, 03:32 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I will beat this!!!! Had prostrate cancer and kicked that to the curb. I'll do it again. John
Yes you will!
Sending strength your way
Old 05-05-2022, 05:55 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Wishing you a full recovery and easy road, John.
Old 05-05-2022, 09:30 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sending positive vibes John. You can beat this!
Old 05-06-2022, 08:18 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
I might take your offer for IRL support. One of the problems when in the hospital was having nobody to help. Tough doing everything on my own. Thanks, John
Good to hear!👍
Old 05-06-2022, 08:55 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

How are you today John?
Old 05-06-2022, 09:24 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Rooting for you with everyone else. Hope you are well enough to reach out and provide and update.
Really sorry to read all you are going through. It is impressive that, despite how neglected you were by your nromal doctor, you managed to get yourself the tests and diagnosis you need. Big virtual hug
Old 05-06-2022, 01:05 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Oh, man. I’m glad you finally got an answer, but what an answer!

It’s good they are going to be aggressive with this thing - such a whirlwind, huh.

Your perspective and determination are a sight to behold. Do remember to ask for help, too - that’s another sign of strength.

O
Old 05-06-2022, 04:06 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

How are you today John?
Doing pretty good today. Tired of dealing with the constant pain, but its been worse. Taking lots of Advil every four hours. The doctor gave me some medication if the pain gets real bad, but it's a narcotic, so will only take it if it gets real bad. Can't believe that two months ago, I was exercising like crazy. Now this. Still very weak. Hard just walking a straight line. Lots of appointments made today. A little concerned about just being able to walk to them. Can drive there, but walking in the hospitals is a different story. I know I will get through this though. Better days are coming!!!! John
Old 05-06-2022, 05:59 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Samantha

John I'm so sorry to read this. I have faith in chemo. You've got this.
keep close!
Old 05-06-2022, 06:34 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I agree better days are coming—your attitude is exceptional and you’ve already beaten this once.

I am hoping you can get some extra support with transportation, shopping, food prep as you need to rest and eat well to be strong. I think if you need help with moving around in the hospital you can arrange when you go into reception. You might need to “squeaky wheel” it a little, but those building are huge and tiring to navigate and you don’t need to exhaust yourself trying to walk miles of corridors when they have other options.

Can you contact the discharge planner who helped with your release from the hospital and get them involved in arranging the support services you need now? Is there someone at the VA that does this too?

Thanks for checking in with an update. I am sending you positive energy and good wishes—
Old 05-06-2022, 08:55 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

I’m sorry you had to go through the hospital experience by yourself. That must have been so difficult both physically and emotionally!

I’m praying for you man! Stay strong! 🌻
Old 05-06-2022, 09:10 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Prayers to you and for a very speedy recovery, John.
Old 05-07-2022, 06:24 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

I agree better days are coming—your attitude is exceptional and you’ve already beaten this once.

I am hoping you can get some extra support with transportation, shopping, food prep as you need to rest and eat well to be strong. I think if you need help with moving around in the hospital you can arrange when you go into reception. You might need to “squeaky wheel” it a little, but those building are huge and tiring to navigate and you don’t need to exhaust yourself trying to walk miles of corridors when they have other options.

Can you contact the discharge planner who helped with your release from the hospital and get them involved in arranging the support services you need now? Is there someone at the VA that does this too?

Thanks for checking in with an update. I am sending you positive energy and good wishes—
Both my regular insurance company and the VA provide some type of in-home services. My sister who is on the same regular insurance and after her time in the hospital got a lot of help like providing food and other support. Haven't looked into it yet but will soon since it might take some time get the help.
As for help to get to my appointment, I will contact the VA Monday to see what they offer. Meanwhile, my next appointment isn't until the end of next week. I am planning on doing some walking in a park that is next to me to see if that helps increase my strength. Thanks for all your support. It helps a lot. John