Notices

I'm in terrible pain from sciatica but no desire to drink

Old 09-29-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I have bouts frequently. I do some stretching exercises in the morning that seem to help. Plenty of them on google. The "cobra pose" and "Knee hugs" work well for me.
Old 09-29-2021, 05:11 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My lovely daughter came down for a few hours and did everything that needed to be done here. Billie is fed and pottied and she even cleaned the litter boxes. All I have to do is take Billie out in the dog yard for her bedtime potty, then go to bed. Will be so glad to see my doctor and I hope he'll give me something that actually relieves the pain. I hope he refers me to that pain doctor I went to 10 yrs ago. He gave me a shot (cortisone?) between two of the discs in my tailbone and that got rid of the pain.

I've been using my heating pad all day and it helps, a bit.

This pain is wearing me out.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:02 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Least - Been praying for you all day, & will continue. Hoping you can get some rest tonight and help with the pain early tomorrow.
Old 09-29-2021, 06:27 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

Will do. It went out on me once and it was excruciating.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:00 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

prayers for you, Least.
Old 09-29-2021, 07:32 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It was suggested that I put a pillow between my knees tonight so I went to get the extra pillow in mk's old bedroom. Just that little bit of walking made my left leg hurt like hell. I've been praying all day, please God, take away this pain. But he must be busy or something as the pain is still there.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you'll get a little respite tomorrow least.

D
Old 09-29-2021, 08:13 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Least I am so sorry you are in so much pain. Sending you healing thoughts. I hope the pain gets better soon. 💕
Old 09-29-2021, 08:28 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Share your pain and my empathy, Least. When people ask me what back problems I have, I say sincerely it's easier to list the 1 or 2 I don't vs. the ones I do. Stenosis, spondylolysis, disk degeneration, you name it. Had 8 hours of surgery--I was in the ICU for 3 days after, then flat on my back 45+ days--7 years ago and I'm *still* rehabbing it. The nerve pain has returned with a vengeance...it hurts just to roll over in bed. But if I don't work out hard, daily, it gets worse.

I remind myself the same thing--sobriety is paramount, and it's the only thing that enables me to keep seeking solutions. T&P, best, SS
Old 09-29-2021, 08:31 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
I sit straight up in my chair, but sometimes I have to lean back to not put weight on my left hip. The naproxen I took this morning didn't help any so I just took some ibuprofen. The pain is going down my left leg and is awful. I called my doctor and left a message with his nurse that the naproxen wasn't helping at all. I hope he'll prescribe something else. This is horrible.
I am so sorry Leigh! My husband was dealing with similar pain for a few years. He tried the PT and then epidural steroids route, neither worked, he had back surgery this past summer, and it helped. He is still dealing with something on the other side that will need to be addressed in the future. See if you can get an MRI to see what’s going on.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:35 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Least, I've had sciatica and have found some simple exercises that really help when it's at it's worst and also in keeping it under control. Take a look on YT and search for sciatica pain exercises. Gentle stretches on the lower back area can begin to help the pain.
Yes, the youtube videos (where they aren't trying to sell something) worked for me too.
Old 09-29-2021, 08:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hope it's better, Least. I remembered my contractor friend who fell off a ladder at roof level, landed partially on a car and broke his back. He was in pain for years and the only thing that worked was accupuncture. The insurance company wouldn't cover it but he didn't care. Might be something to consider.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:09 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm willing to try anything to relieve this awful pain. It comes in waves, down my left leg and makes me groan. I see my doctor tomorrow at 10 and hope he'll give me something to stop the pain - it's awful.
Old 09-29-2021, 09:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sending up prayers least. The pain is excruciating and debilitating. Hope you can get some relief meds from the doc love. xx
Old 09-29-2021, 11:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I hope you get some relief today. I also think the Dr needs to find the cause. I read elsewhere he thinks it is sciatica but nothing is definite. There are many things that can affect back and hips that also need to be ruled out.

I had very bad bursitis which caused me agony. Amongst other stuff I couldn't do my shoes up or put my dogs leads on, and to get in and out of the car I would have to manually lift the infected leg in and out. Sitting on the sofa was impossible. I had hot water bottles on it all the time. It was eventually diagnosed by ultrasound, it doesn't show up on an xray.

Nearly two years on it is on the mend. The acute stage lasted longer than it should have, it was difficult to get a diagnosis due to covid and hospitals not seeing patients.

I hope your Dr requests further investigations.

Take care.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Sending positive, caring thoughts and prayers your way
Least, hoping you will get some much needed relief from
your pain soon.

Old 09-30-2021, 04:35 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear least
Hope the Dr fixes you up.
Old 09-30-2021, 04:47 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Sending more love ❤️❤️
Old 09-30-2021, 05:03 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this Least. I hope you get some relief after your visit to the doctor tomorrow!
Old 09-30-2021, 06:11 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

it's worse this morning unbearable