# 61 (permalink)  
Magsie

Happy birthday Marty, have a good day x
Old 06-19-2021, 01:27 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Morning Weekenders

Lots of posts to catch up on.

Happy Birthday MLD!

Hope everyone who isn't feeling 100% at the moment feels better soon.

Still no rain in my area despite large parts of England seemingly being hit by heavy rain and winds.

Breakfast time for me now then out for a nice walk through one of the local parks.
Old 06-19-2021, 02:34 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

That’s a fabulous cake Mags. Happy birthday Marty

Enjoy your walk Robbie

I’m off to bed. Sober Saturday night and just gone 7.30pm. I’m feeling ok, just really tired now.
Stay safe and sober everyone. Goodnight all
Old 06-19-2021, 04:11 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Hi everyone ~ Thanks Mags for the new thread

In for another weekend

Old 06-19-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
saoutchik

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARTY!

Congratulations on 900 days Forwards

Good to see you Sober53! The number 53 has cropped up on threads a few times recently. Maybe I should make it one of my lottery numbers.

Watched the football at Wembly on TV last night (England v Scotland) Torture! Those people that watched the game in a drunken blur - and I saw a few of them - did not miss anything but will be nursing hangovers this morning and I suspect there will be a spike in Covid infections

Sending positive vibes to your sister TheHook and to you Willow. Where I live there is a street named after you. Not sure if you can read that due to the loss of pixels but it is Willow Street.

Attached Images
Old 06-19-2021, 08:27 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Good Morning everyone! Looks like I have a lot of posts to catch up on in the past 24 hours.

Anyone on here from Arizona? I know there is an extreme heat wave gripping that part of the US right now, particularly Arizona. My SO and I are headed out there next Sunday for a week in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area. It was a vacation booked awhile ago and while we certainly understood it would be hot in AZ this time of year, this current heat wave is not the norm. We do have some indoor activities planned and a day trip further up north to Sedona, but we are prepared for probably spending a great deal of time in the condo we are staying in and venturing out for a few nice dinners. Have a ton of books and magazines to take with us and I have checked out a few museums to visit. Trying to find a lot of indoor activities. The condo has a pool, which is good, but I'm not sure how comforting it will be when it is 115 out. We are looking at it as an adventure!

We are also meeting up with friends I haven't seen in about 10 years which will be nice. I recall them giving up drinking about 15 years ago. They never had a problem with it (that I am aware of, but I am certain they are "normies") and I remember asking her why they did. I will never forget her reply. She said "we retired out here and we get invited to cocktail parties and dinner parties all the time. We would become alcoholics if we drink every night, so we just gave it up. It's much easier that way." Just like that. And they have never had a single drop of alcohol since. Talk about taking a preventive stance on things! They also became vegetarians, so I guess they just decided to make a major overhaul with their eating and drinking habits.

Anyway. I hope everyone has a pleasant day. It's also hot here and I just may get the inflatable pool out.

Bye for now.

PS - Hook, let us know how your sister is.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:12 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Hook, prayers for your sister. That sounds so awful for her. I'm glad she's in the hospital being looked after. Best.
Grateful for my sobriety. Every day I'm sober is a win.
Congrats Forward!
Happy Birthday MLD!
Love and peace to all my wonderful friends on the weekenders. I so appreciate the commraderie and kindness on this thread.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:17 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags. Even after being here for about 8 years and 3+ years of solid sobriety, it took me a while to get the hang of it, I still feel shy sometimes about posting. Thank you for your encouragement. The support I get from all of the wonderful people here is something I probably wouldn't be sober without. That was awkwardly worded! Love to you all. 🧡💛💚💙💜💗
Old 06-19-2021, 09:27 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Don't be shy Aly your a great poster!!!
Old 06-19-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you, Boondock. That was very kind.
Old 06-19-2021, 12:55 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Happy Birthday MLD

shout out to Bim & @MantaLady
Old 06-19-2021, 02:45 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

That’s really cool Sao, thanks for sharing Willow Street
And I’m 53 years old.
53 is a great number
Funny thing, I posted on another thread a couple of days ago that I was 52, but afterwards I realised that I’m actually 53, not 52
Funny the things we forget as we get older, even how old we actually are
I guess the numbers don’t matter so much anymore perhaps.

It’s a beautiful sunny Sunday morning here, crisp andcool.
I’m feeling a lot better today, apart from a sore arm, so I think I’ll get out for a walk in the fresh air this morning

Happy sober Sunday everyone.
Old 06-19-2021, 03:35 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

^
Good to hear you're feeling a lot better Willow. A walk is definitely a good idea.

When it comes to how old we are, when we're young we sometimes add on a year or two and pretend we're older than we are but then when we get to a certain age we sometimes then take a year or two off! I sometimes have to stop and think how old I am. One security question that banks or Government departments will often ask when phoning them is "how old will you be on your next birthday". When asked I sometimes have to think how old I was on my last birthday! The first time I was asked it I actually had to think what year it was before I could work out how old I currently am and then work out how old I will be on my next birthday... when I was 18 I knew I was 18!
Old 06-19-2021, 03:56 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So glad I'm sober to handle tough situations. Yesterday Billie was sick all day. Vomited four times and refused her breakfast. Towards evening I wondered if she had any appetite at all so offered her a few Tbs of pumpkin puree. She scarfed it right down so I gave her a very small supper with pumpkin in it. Pumpkin is supposed to be good for constipation and diarrhea, and she had the runs along with the puking.

She ate her supper and then we took a short walk. By this morning she was fine. Ate her breakfast and did her business and it was normal. I was really worried about her and kept a close eye on her all day. If I were drinking, I wouldn't have been able to take care of her.

I am so glad I'm awake and aware of what's going on.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:36 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

June 21st is not only the brightest day of the year in the northern hemisphere, but it is also my late dog's (whom I loved) birthday. In his honor, I will quit this year.

I watched him die, and on his deathbed, I promised I would sort my life out. I promised him. I promise I will keep that promise. I'm done with alcohol.
Old 06-19-2021, 04:48 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
Administrator

Prayers and best wishes for your sister and family The Hook
The same for your friends family LHW.

Glad you are feeling better Willow- the flu shot usually messes with me for a day or two at the max

Glad Billie is well again least
Happy Birthday MLD

D
Old 06-19-2021, 07:59 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Magsie

Least, pleased Billie is feeling better.

Polaroid, it is heartbreaking when we lose a pet, they’re one of the family. SR helped me stay sober, hope you stay around.

Willow, pleased you’re feeling better. I have to think about my age nowadays, as Robbie said when I was 18 I knew I was 18. Numbers don’t seem so important nowadays. (Or is that just cos I’ve got a few years under my belt )

Old 06-19-2021, 09:43 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1
Polaroid, it is heartbreaking when we lose a pet, they’re one of the family. SR helped me stay sober, hope you stay around.
Yeah, I'll never forget that moment. If I had known CPR by then, I may have tried it, no matter how silly that sounds....

I gave him his last meal, apparently he seemed to enjoy it, as it was his favorite...

Eventually I had to see his eyes roll back and realize, he is gone.... Not from my heart though, you've given me strength, buddy.
Old 06-19-2021, 09:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks for the well wishes everyone

Least I’m glad Billie is feeling better.
This is from my walk today. It’s such lovely weather at the moment

Old 06-19-2021, 10:36 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Morning all,

When my alcoholism progressed to all waking hours drinking, I understandably looked awful, haggard, flushed, bloodshot and wrinkly. If anyone asked my age I would pretend to be 10 years older. I was so embarrassed about my appearance . What a tangled web we weave when in the grip of addiction, I actually began to believe it myself and had to google my date of birth to find my actual age.

Now of course I only look 25.

Lots more rain here today. At least it keeps the neighbours quiet. :/

Yes, please check in Bim and Manta.