Notices

Don’t Quit this Weekend - Weekenders 18 - 21 June 2021

Old 06-19-2021, 11:03 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Willow, beautiful scenery on your walk.

Polaroid, it doesn’t sound daft at all, cpr on dogs. I’m sure it’s possible. We try to do the best we can for them and give them the best possible lives with us.

Kaily, oh gosh, I remember how bloated and red faced I was with drinking. I was a mess but still going to work and hoping nobody could tell I was hungover. hope it’s a quiet day for you x

I feel really lazy today. I’m making Sunday lunch and taking it over to my mil’s and my brain is saying buy a take away meal from a restaurant instead. I spent more time thinking and planning where to buy a meal than it would actually take me to cook it. I’m bananas sometimes
Old 06-19-2021, 11:30 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders, welcome Polaroid!

Least, i'm glad Billie seems to be better. Did you ever find out how Billie went missing that time?(quite a while ago now wasn't it)

It is comparatively cold, wet and cloudy this morning, not like summer at all. I expect sunshine.

No live clip exists for this (shame)

https://youtu.be/TLdWfO0lip4

Old 06-20-2021, 12:16 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Do you have a local carvery, Mags? Our local one does takeaway, good value too apparently. I gave up eating meat 3 years ago so I have never tried it. Plus I get takeaway guilt if ever I treat myself so very rarely do it.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:19 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm here.

I haven't kept up this week...maybe next week. Got some personal stuff going on...it will be okay, just not today.
Old 06-20-2021, 05:51 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Saou, I thought about the supremes and how that specific sound of music came and went. I suppose that is true of many specific types of music. Very few performers or groups who have their own style are almost unanimously liked though. John Denver and The Beatles are another couple of examples I suppose, as I never heard anyone say they didn't like them.

Willow, love the picture.

Polaroid, it sucks to lose a beloved pet. I hope you can keep your promise to come out of the haze and live life.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:29 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders, well I sailed right on through the troubled waters of the weekend and I am now anchored in the Bay of Sobriety!! I know what you mean Kaily I used to look horrible when I was on one of my horrendous binges, all wrinkly, red faced and unshaven. I looked like a bum, but now of course I'm expecting a call from GQ magazine they probably want me for a cover shoot....LOL...I'm so glad I'm not drinking, it feels great. I hope everyone had a nice weekend.
Old 06-20-2021, 06:39 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Thinking of you dear bim s ❤️
Old 06-20-2021, 07:12 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

Hello everyone! I hope you all have a pleasant day today. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there, as well as the mom's who also take on the role of the dad.

I have too many photos of my "Day Ones" where I looked just dreadful. Red face, puffy eyes, even a droopy eye in some cases. I always took them as a reminder of what I looked like, because I would take another photo 2 weeks in. The change in just 2 weeks always has been remarkable. Can't wait to see what the 30-day photo looks like!

Old 06-20-2021, 08:04 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Sunday Blessings, all.

Prayers for your sister, Hook, and for the family.

Welcome, Polaroid. Sobriety is great way to honor your cherished dog.

LoveHateWkne, I was in Phoenix ten years ago almost exactly during a heatwave; it was unbearable. We enjoyed the pool but went after 4:00 pm when the sun was less intense. If you can venture as far north as Flaggstaff,you should find some relief. It is about a three hour drive from Phoenix, maybe a little more, but it’s elevation is about 6,900 ft above sea level and usually significantly cooler. It is a fun town to visit for a day or so.

Mags, you are good and kind to bring your MIL a meal - cooked or takeaway.

Bim, hope everything works out for the best; be good to yourself.

Old 06-20-2021, 08:29 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Magsie

Bim thinking of you.

Kaily, yes, there are a few nice carverys around. I did cook though at took it over. It turned out ok. Took a lot of persuading myself though. Don’t know why, I’m not usually a procrastinator.

LHW keep cool if you can in the heatwave.

Old 06-20-2021, 08:31 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Least, so glad Billie is feeling better. 💜
I have to go grocery shopping today. For some reason it is my most hated errand of all. I hope I get through it. For some reason it inspires a panicky feeling in me. Weird.
Glad to be here on this sober weekend.
So refreshing to read all your posts.
Love and peace to all. Have a wonderful Sunday.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:52 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Arizona was a wonderful state to visit. The weather was very nice when we were there. One of the things my wife and I agree on is to visit less populated and less touristy areas when vacationing. The payson and canyon dechelle (?) areas were very memorable. I used to always keep a bottle of whiskey in my travel bag when vacationing.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:41 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Least, i'm glad Billie seems to be better. Did you ever find out how Billie went missing that time?(quite a while ago now wasn't it)
Actually, that wasn't Billie, it was my sweet old man Jack, my Shiba Inu who was missing for 20 days back in the fall of 2016. Finally found him and he lived 2 years after that, and died at the age of 15 and a half. I never did know how Jack got out of my fenced in yard. Was so glad to find him. The elderly gentleman who called me to say "your dog is in my yard" was grateful for the gift card I got him from the local grocery store, but he took that money and bought a whole T giving meal to donate to our local charity, who gives T giving meals to many families. What a nice guy.

I make sure Billie will never get lost cause I don't just let her out for potty, I take her out on the leash. I'm just grateful that I was sober for a number of years when Jack went missing. It would have been impossible to look for him and take out ads in the paper and go door to door to ask if anyone had seen him if I had been drinking.

It's a quiet day here. Called my dad to tell him I love him and am glad he's my dad.
Old 06-20-2021, 10:50 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

All Hail Odin & Wotan! We got a few bursts of Rain late yesterday, and it cleared the Week-old Brush Fire Smoke out the sky.

I was finishing up my Weeks-long Solar Power Upgrade on the RV Trailer, but was happy to get partially rained on while securing new Wiring under the Trailer. No Sparks. Everything works. Putting away Tools took forever, but my new gig in Sobriety is to be more conscientious about such matters. Been up before Sunrise, and working a 'Second Shift' just before Sunset. The only times - save last Night - it's been cool enough in this heat to get work done. Some Cloud -> Cloud Lightning nearby, but no Ground Strikes. I'm still alive, so there is that.

I'm too busy, and too busy having fun, to Drink anymore. So, that Strategy keeps me all perma-quitted. Taking care of MesaPup keeps us busy, as does our cautious re-entry into the External World made possible by Vaccination.

Mebbe a leisurely Dinner tonight to celebrate our 40th Wedding Anniversary today. 4 more Years of cohabitation, and our first House purchase, preceded getting around to a Wedding. Glad I stuck out Life for this Sober part. Thanks for the fine Topic, Mags.

Sage advice from Peter Gabriel from his Tour we saw in Denver...

'Don't Give Up' ~ Peter Gabriel ~ Live In Turin

Old 06-20-2021, 11:32 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Magsie

MesaMan, congratulations to you and MesaMate on your 40 years wedding anniversary
Old 06-20-2021, 12:31 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Ah Jack, yes of course. It comes back to me now. I remember not really knowing what to post as I thought the worst had happened. It was brilliant when I read he'd been found. It was a great adventure for him though tough on you least.

All the best bim.

Great Post MesaMan, even after all these years I still love your writing style. Muchas felicidades on your 40th Anniversary!
Old 06-20-2021, 12:47 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

MesaMan, congratulations on your Ruby Wedding Anniversary.

Old 06-20-2021, 12:52 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Congrats MesaMan and to your MesaMate too. 40 years of marriage is phenomenal!
Old 06-20-2021, 01:43 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Congratulations Mesaman and Mesamate. 40 years is wonderful. I hope you have a lovely celebration ❤️

Bim, thinking of you and sending you a gorilla hug

Monday morning and back to work for me. It will be a busy week as it’s stocktake for the end of financial year. After coffee. That’s my first plan for today
Old 06-20-2021, 01:51 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Congratulations to MesaMan and MesaMate on your 40th wedding anniversary!