Notices

Waking up to a SOBER WEEKEND - WEEKENDERS 11-14 June 2021

Old 06-10-2021, 08:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags.

I put the video on a big screen, it was like watching jaws again . I was waiting for the gore ..

This is five minutes away from me and where I walk my dogs unless going further afield in the car. It is green belt but a planning application has been put in to build 5000 new homes on it. Devastated.

My name is on the petition - that'll stop em.

Old 06-10-2021, 08:41 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Lovely view Kaily. A lot of planning applications are going in on green belt.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Oh man........It should be nature preserve.
Old 06-10-2021, 08:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Magsie

I agree Boondock
Old 06-10-2021, 09:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Hi Weekenders! I never get tired of waking up sober. It's such a blessing to wake up feeling good. No hangover, no regret, no headache, no hating myself. Yes, waking up sober is such a treat.
Old 06-10-2021, 10:18 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Old 06-10-2021, 10:24 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Evening lunar, good to see you again and hope you are doing fine. I seem to remember that when you last posted you had just been for a medical procedure.

Kaily, you’re right. I hope that beautiful field stays just as it is.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi lunar, hope you’re keeping well.
Old 06-10-2021, 11:00 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

MISTER former High School Tennis Dude, here, and Jockette-At-Large MesaMate are watching the French Open. Intermittently, since I'm still working on the RV Trailer. Going well. I just took a deep breath, and drilled holes into the Roof to safely hold on 2 more Solar Collectors at Highway speed. Cloud cover this Morning saved me, since temps are about to go above 100 F [38 C] for the next 10 Days. For extra fun, the Wind really kicks up this Afternoon, so I'm rolling with the Weather. Just more good reason to keep Life Sober: gotta weave productivity in and around conditions I can't control.

On a back Road from a different Dog Park, this Farmer had an amazing Plot of Peonies. Signs said 'Cut For Free', and 'Please Close The Gate'. A neat find.

Music from the 1975 Wayback Machine. Music starts at 1:20. Thanks, Mags!

Ann-Margret & Tina Turner ~ Medley

Old 06-10-2021, 11:40 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Thank you, Mags!

In for a sober weekend!
Old 06-10-2021, 12:26 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thanks Mags, I'm in!

I'm just watching the beginnings of the G7 summit in Cornwall on the TV. Quite remarkable to see such figures in Carbis and St Ives - I know both well. Let's hope they get some of the 'liquid gold' sunshine that has made the area a favourite of artists over so many years.

Happy belated birthday Kaily. Building on your local field sucks. With all this talk of retirement though I've realised I'm going to be working until I'm 67, barring some financial miracle. The recent past has not been kind to my pension fund. I suppose that's another improvement to look forward to in recovery.

Anyway, very best wishes to all as always. Forwards.
Old 06-10-2021, 12:30 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Beautiful pic and glorious view, MesaMan. I simply have to ask though, have you ever stood near the edge in the background with your back facing the camera and tee’d off with your driver?
Old 06-10-2021, 12:34 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Captain, I hope you are doing better. Prayers and good vibes continue. 🧡
Old 06-10-2021, 01:05 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Count me in! On a quick break from work at the moment.....

I see from reading all the comments about the pretty pics Mags posted initially that I am still having an issue seeing pics on this site. I can't see them on my laptop or iPad so still trying to fix that one. I use Safari as the browser, so that could be it, but it was okay before. For what it's worth, I suddenly can't use the video feature on Skype for Business for my work calls, so something has definitely gone awry with my technology. A call to our internal "help desk" at work on that issue has proven unsuccessful. Why is it that the solution to every problem is to reboot the PC? LOL.

Still thinking of an appropriate new user name for me. Glad I am not on a deadline!

Yes, a sober weekend sounds wonderful. Today is Day 11 for me and I was up earlier than ever. I love getting up early and feeling ready to get moving, rather than reaching for the Gatorade and rolling over to go back to bed. Ugh. The thought makes my skin crawl.

We don't have a lot going on this weekend. Assuming the weather is a bit cooler, we will play some golf, and maybe take in a Farmer's Market. Sometimes when I get full of energy, I try to bake something. Craving a coconut cream pie, but will not even attempt to make that.

See ya around!

Old 06-10-2021, 01:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I’m in for a sober weekend

Marty I’m glad they finally realised you needed some help at work

Kaily I hope the development plan falls on it’s head!

Have a good Friday everyone
Old 06-10-2021, 03:50 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey Cap't ~

Not a bad idea on the Golf Drive set-up. All I need is to play Golf.

I got upgraded to First Class way back when flying a long Biz Trip from San Francisco to Tokyo. The Flight Attendant had just poured me a Single Malt from the ~$150- Bottle she didn't even know was on the List. Went well with the free Caviar. Two Gents were discussing their Trip Plans while standing in the Aisle. Each had bought the then-$9600- Seat adjacent to ensure it stayed empty. They were meeting a Pal on his 265'-long [80 Meters] Yacht to hit some Golf Courses around Indonesia, and S.E. Asia for 3 Weeks. They planned to blast a Bucket O'Balls off the Prow into the Ocean for practice. Really nice, average Guys. With a crapton of Money.

This was one of those times I learned it's a Big Ole World out there. Sober Serenity here in MesaVille now suits us all much better...

Old 06-10-2021, 04:43 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awwww Hi MesaPup ((()))

Glad to hear there's a petition going around Kaily....that land is beautiful! Fingers crossed it can stay that way

In for the weekend
Old 06-10-2021, 05:06 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Awwww Mesa pup❤️
Old 06-10-2021, 05:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Mesa Pup is too adorable, with his toy/pillow. What sweetie!
Old 06-10-2021, 08:09 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Magsie

MesaMan, the peonies are lovely, how kind of the farmer to offer them free. Mesapup is looking good. Is it your trip coming up soon.

LHW , coconut cream pie sounds delicious, I googled it and it looks a bit like our lemon meringue pie, in looks only.

I was too hot in the night I’ve had to get up. Feel cooler now sat on the cold leather sofa.