Notices

Glancing in the Rear View Mirror - Weekenders 07-10 May 2021

Old 05-11-2021, 01:20 PM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Beautiful plumage on that bird, the colours are just gorgeous! Phoenix hoping for a good outcome for you.
Old 05-11-2021, 08:55 PM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

We did get some sunshine yesterday eventually. I think this week the forecast is similar for rest of week - sunshine and showers.

Here is a greater spotted woodpecker who visits our tree daily for food. Please scuse the quality of the photo.

Old 05-11-2021, 11:59 PM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Morning all!!

im sat having coffee with with snuggles with my gorgeous boy!! A black and white puddy cat!

Then we are back laying concrete for the porch base! Hoping the rain holds off for that!!

Hope everyone has a good day xx

Old 05-12-2021, 02:36 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Morning all!

There's more changeable weather pomised today so washing is hung out to dry and I'm off out for a couple of hours while the sun is still shining.

Hope everyone has a good day.
Old 05-12-2021, 03:16 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Jo, concrete is hard work. Hope it goes well.

Mags, love the woodpecker.

Robbie, hope your weather holds.
Old 05-12-2021, 06:20 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Hey everyone,
I've been super duper busy and stressed, but I just got caught up. I haven't looked at SR since last Friday.
PJ, I hope the epidural offers relief.
Pleased to see some new posters and some returning ones.
I still have some thoughts about looking back at the past that I need to get posted. I'll find some time today...

I am in the process of booking a trip to Costa Rica for January. I have booked a room in a small guesthouse in Cahuita, on the Caribbean coast. I'm hoping for peace and quiet and snorkeling and nature hikes. There's a large national park there, and it is supposed to be a great place to see sloths and monkeys and other jungle inhabitants.
Some images of the place:

https://www.google.com/search?q=cahu...w=1828&bih=853
Old 05-12-2021, 07:11 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

That looks wonderful MLD.
Old 05-12-2021, 07:50 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

Special shout out to @andyh for the Spinal Tap reference!
Old 05-12-2021, 09:22 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  
saoutchik

You beat me to it MLD!

I'm always amazed that the builders of Stonehenge managed to get planning permission for such a monstrosity. I bet there were hundreds of Bronze Age protesters from all over the country camping out to get it stopped.

Attached Images
Old 05-12-2021, 09:42 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
ours de petit cerveau

Originally Posted by MLD51 View Post
Special shout out to @andyh for the Spinal Tap reference!
Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
You beat me to it MLD!

I'm always amazed that the builders of Stonehenge managed to get planning permission for such a monstrosity. I bet there were hundreds of Bronze Age protesters from all over the country camping out to get it stopped.
shame they built it so close to the A303 though

Old 05-12-2021, 10:00 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Concreting is soooo hard!!! I ache in places I never knew existed haha!!! My brother in law popped round and walked on it! Thankfully it had started to set but we now have his footprints! Plus a cats too! Thank god for floor leveller haha!!

Niw enjoying a Mac Donalds strawberry milkshake and contemplating a chicken kebab!! Im shattered but not craving wine which is a first!

Hope your all good!
Old 05-12-2021, 10:06 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Love to hear the exciting plans everyone has! For me right now it's work work work, but I can travel and do concrete, etc. vicariously with you all. But, I still AM working during the pandemic, and for that I'm grateful. Mags, I love seeing that species of woodpecker! Will share our locals too whenever I can figure why my pics aren't uploading to SR.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:04 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

^
I also have problems uploading pictures to SR. I'm probably not doing things correctly but the only way I can seem to upload them is via the Albums feature accessed via the control panel and then linking to that in my posts. I can't seem to upload them directly to my posts.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:25 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grateful, Robbie, I use postimage site to upload pictures. This is the info I followed put on by an SR member a while back.

I'm sure most of us know how to post the thumbnail type of picture? At the top of the message box is the "picture frame" icon. You just click on that and then select whether the pic is from your device or from the web, browse for the pic you want, select it, then click "upload" and voila, you have a clickable thumbnail!

I used to use that method all the time until I found postimages. It is a free picture hosting site kinda like the others mentioned. The website is Postimage.org free image hosting / image upload for those of you interested. You don't have to join to use the service, but I did because it gives me a handy place to store my pictures, especially the ones I post more than once.

So, when you open the website, the 3 main options are in the center. I most all the time use 640 x 480, but sometimes use 320 x 240 depending on the pic. By clicking on resize option, a drop down menu appears with sizes and recommendations.

The next box is expiration, pretty self-explanatory, how long do you want the pic to stay in your post? I just leave it at no expiration.

The 3rd box is to choose and upload your pic, again, pretty self-explanatory once you click on it.

The final step is what link you use to post with after the pic is uploaded. I always use the "hotlink for forums". You click on the little clipboard on the right hand side and it copies the hotlink for forums address for you. Then you go to your SR post, paste the hotlink without using any of the icons, just a simple paste, and there comes your image!
Old 05-12-2021, 11:35 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning Weekenders!

Well done completing your concreting job Jo43.

Robbie, in addition to Mag's excellent post there are lots of threads concerning the posting of pics and GiFs on the Technical Issues forum. One of them might be helpful

I hope to see you all on the next thread.
Old 05-12-2021, 11:47 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks Saou, I’ve not seen the tech issues forum.

New thread begins

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ay-2021-a.html (Escaping the Crapulousness - Weekenders 14 - 17 May 2021)