Notices

Glancing in the Rear View Mirror - Weekenders 07-10 May 2021

Old 05-08-2021, 06:24 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Magsie

Looking out of your window and seeing Mt. Hood must be lovely.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I've never locked the old weekender threads cos sometimes conversations would continue.
We locked them when Bim was starting the thread cos she asked us to, like Mags asked us to close the last one due to confusion.

Whatever the consensus is - lock or not - I'm ok with.
Let me know by show of hands/posts

D
I have my hand up. s ❤️
Old 05-08-2021, 07:38 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks, do I need to vote @Dee74 ?

I mean, yeah. Hand up. Locking the old thread doesn't stop conversations continuing in my opinion. We just continue on them in the new thread. I'd like to see the old threads locked going forward.

Old 05-08-2021, 08:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Two hands/thumbs way up

Thanks Cityboy and Willow. Edge didn’t work, but I didn’t do the dots thing. Will upload again and try.

Todays plan, hike, Costco trip, browse wedding vows, fire tonight.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

My preference would be for threads to be locked once the next one has got under way.
Old 05-08-2021, 11:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Evening all!

It's a busy thread again this week, which is good

I'm another one voting for the old Weekenders thread to be locked once the new one is up and running.

I had my second Covid jab this afternoon. So far I've had no reaction to it. Hopefully I won't have have any though it's only 5 hours ago since I had it so it's relatively early days.
Old 05-08-2021, 12:44 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

I have a hard job keeping track but what do I know? Popping in to say hi, weekend 4 going well 👍
Old 05-08-2021, 12:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Administrator

Looks like the locks have it

D
Old 05-08-2021, 01:12 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Evening all!!

I had a lovely curry catch-up with my friend yesterday! No alcohol which was amazing when we used to cane 2 bottles of red! Woke this morning at 8 fresh and felt pretty fab!! Was able to sort some work stuff and get my sons uniform that he ended. My partner and I knocked a small wall out and dig up a small dead tree too in readiness for laying the bricks for the base for our porch. I was never able to do stuff before due to being too drunk, hungover, tired, bad tempered etc. It’s just a joy to be this way even though I still have restless legs, am exhausted and have aches pains and my hands shake. Feeling all this reminds me to keep going! Going to have a lovely shower and read now! Hope your weekend is going well xx
Old 05-08-2021, 03:03 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Good morning weekenders, it’s a sunny Sunday morning here

You’re doing really well Jo. Have you checked out the PAWS thread? It might be worth reading if you haven’t already? You might have already done so. It’s got some really interesting posts

Robbie I hope you don’t have any reaction. I’m on day 2 post first Covid jab, and feeling a little better than yesterday. I was a bit off yesterday but not too bad thankfully
Old 05-08-2021, 05:00 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Another Saturday night….looking back on my days of weekend bingeing, I’m normally taking down a 12-pack of really strong IPAs… Somewhere in the neighborhood of 7.5 - 8.2% ABV. ☹️🙁😖 Then I pass out around 1am and sleep till almost noon on Sunday…ugh…Wake up feeling like crap.

Just in time to watch the afternoon games, I crack open more beers and start the process all over but the difference is…I quit by 6pm and crash by 8pm so I can be up by 4am for work feelin like crap times ten 😩 Monday is riddled with withdrawals, nausea, tired, sleepy, anxiety, and lack of motivation at work all day….Enter the work-week to get my mojo back by friday after a 4-day sober break. Rinse and repeat.

Thank God I’m out of that cycle and into better health, and all the other benefits of sobriety 🤩.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend…
If you’re struggling, hang in there and talk to us. Post all about it.

We care ☮️❤️‍🩹
Old 05-08-2021, 06:50 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Looking out of your window and seeing Mt. Hood must be lovely.
Well I can't see it from my house (that privilege raises house prices quite a bit!) but I can see it driving here and there. Good enough for me!
Old 05-08-2021, 06:58 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Saturday night. Pre-sober times it would be wine, wine and wine and falling asleep before the end of some movie. Now hubby has some beer and watches TV alone (for now, it's still just too much of a trigger for me just yet). And even though I am glad to be where I am these days, I am finding myself a bit melancholy tonight - it's like I'm mourning those days when I could just drink without a care. Is this crazy? It seems strange going from celebrating four months, proud of all the hard work, and now I'm feeling a sense of loss.
Old 05-08-2021, 09:13 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

Grateful, I don’t think it’s a crazy thought. In my early sober days if I saw an inviting sparkling drink on tv and something in my brain would rattle. Remember we can’t stop a thought or feeling, they’re going to happen. But what we do with it is what’s important.
Seeing Mt. Hood in the distance while driving about would be good enough for me too.

Intro, It’s a good feeling not to waste our days being ‘wasted’. There’s so much more time we’ve gained being sober.

Old 05-08-2021, 11:58 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Good morning all!!

lovely day here so hoping to get bricks laid for porch base. It’s 07.56 and I’m awake contemplating a shower! Who is this person haha

Im 21 days sober and feeling good. Still really tired but I know I have to keep at it!

Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday!!
Old 05-09-2021, 12:59 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Morning all!

It's a sort of sunny Sunday outside and hopefully the rain will hold off while I'm out walking.

I'm having no reaction to my second Covid jab so am happy about that.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 05-09-2021, 02:20 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 3 weeks Jo
Old 05-09-2021, 02:33 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Willow68 View Post
Congratulations on 3 weeks Jo
Thank you Willow!! How are you today?
Old 05-09-2021, 02:57 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

On day 6 today but more importantly cracked my first weekend sober. Friday and saturday nights are always a trigger for many of us, but dare I say it I thankfully didn't find it challenging this time. I had one temptation when I was sitting down to watch a movie on Friday night, I thought wouldn't it be nice to sit here with some wine, but I just shut it down and after a few minutes it was gone, my pizza arrived, as soon as I ate that was it.

By the way, the movie I watched was Nomadland, really good movie, I recommend!

Saturday I spent in my studio writing a song, this is something I neglect completely when I am drinking, such a waste. It's so nice to wake up on a Sunday morning, free from the shackles of withdrawals and the addiction to get staright back on it after the night before. Normally I would probably be on the wine by now, even at this early time as I'd be battling horrible anxiety..

One thing for me that is helps, and I've seen it on here before, is just taking alcohol off the table completely. It simply is no longer an option. Onwards and upwards.
Old 05-09-2021, 03:17 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I’m good thanks Jo Feeling better today than yesterday. I was a bit off colour yesterday after my vacc on Friday, but I’m pretty good today

Robbie I’m glad you’re feeling good after your second jab, great to hear.

Good to see you Primativo! You sound like you’re doing well