Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 2

Old 12-21-2020, 06:19 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bodhi02 View Post
Hi EllyB, welcome! I had a 2 day relapse but I’m back on track with 3 weeks under my belt. I’ve been a little absent on posting but I’m checking in daily. Everyone take care of yourselves!
Great to see you Bodhi. s ❤️
And congrats on 3 weeks!!! xxx
Old 12-21-2020, 06:23 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Lots of activity today 😊

I'm a bit shocked (just got the news my daughter's poppy committed suicide yesterday) so won't respond to everyone individually today but say sorry your having that issue RAL (I couldn't use my hand a few days ago either) and I didn't know you had broken your ankle Venus but I'm glad your starting to mend up a bit.

It's very inspirational seeing so many do so well, especially at this time of year
Oh Zura honey....I am so sorry.

I am sorry for you and your daughter's loss honey.
What a tragedy.
God rest his soul. ❤️
Old 12-21-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Thanks Venuscat. I'm ok just hard not to be with her whilst she goes through it.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:57 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Zura. Please reach out here for support if you need it.

D
Old 12-21-2020, 06:58 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Zura. Please reach out here for support if you need it.

D
Old 12-21-2020, 07:01 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Double post oops. Thanks Dee, I will do.

Old 12-21-2020, 08:55 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Starting day 2. It’s a6.30 and I’m I the sofa with my son a coffee with the open fire still roaring from yesterday and Christmas lights
Not feeling 100% yet but compared to this time yesterday morning with a pillow over my head on the sofa when my son got me up and staying on the sofa in a state until after 9 it’s a big improvement

stay strong everyone
Old 12-21-2020, 10:59 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Good morning fellow travellers.

welcome elly and great result soda

Sorry for yours and your daughter's loss zura.

congrats on day 2 strawberry

Day 17. Last night I went out and looked at the stars. Thanks for the idea Relena and I hope you feel better today. I live in a dark sky area as no light pollution.On very clear nights we can see the northern lights. the stars really take your breath away and make you feel so small in this vast place. I could not see the planets though but not sure what I should be looking for!

Anyway on with the day. I was supposed to be meeting an old friend next week but that has been cancelled as will be in tier 4 so meeting today instead. I may be offline all day and evening but I will be sober. She will have a few drinks(normally) I will stick to water. Firm in my commitment.

Take care all.x
Old 12-21-2020, 11:29 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strawberry18 View Post
red I was in her Facebook page last night , can’t believe it’s been a year .

well it’s ended up being a 7 day binge . But I’m back on the wagon ... day 1 .
I can't either, 1 year tomorrow..
I was reading our messages 2 days before she passed, I hadn't even read them a year ago and I feel so sad but at the same time so happy that all of us were gifted with her love and presence.
I miss her so much...
And yay for you for day 1...
Old 12-22-2020, 12:22 AM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Day 8

Hi all. Im on day 8 sober and my friend suggested this lovely site to help support me. I always cave so this is the longest ive gone in a long time. But i want a sober christmas enjoying every second that i can with my kids. I find it hard after a hard day at work to ignore the red wine and gin but ive promised myself i will do this. Alcohol doesnt give me anything good and i dont like drunk me so heres to fighting the good fight. Hope you all have a great day ❤
Old 12-22-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Hello there Barnaby! Welcome! This site is the absolute best, you cannot beat the support. We may be a bunch of addicts but we are pretty amazing too lol
I am only on day 19 (technically 20 now I guess) so not much further along than you but everyday gets better (tho not without it's challenges). Anyway, keep going! 8 days is great!!
Old 12-22-2020, 01:28 AM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Welcome Barnaby. You've come to the right place. I love that saying "fight the good fight" Congratulations on 8 days
Old 12-22-2020, 01:42 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Day 36

The start of week six. Onwards and upwards I hope?

Welcome Elly and Barnaby. This site is a great support and it will be a pleasure to get to know you over time.

Scott - working out is so important to me as well when I’m in recovery. I started off very light as well - which is kind of depressing but surpassed by the feeling of doing something good.

Strawberry - good to see you back.

Not a lot to add today. Lockdown in the UK (everywhere I suppose) has caused real mental and emotional pressures for many - me included. That said it does mean our village pub cannot accept drinkers (just diners) so the temptation over the festive period is removed. I’ll take that small win as I know the AV will be rampant.

Stay strong, safe and sober Decemberoni’s

JT
Old 12-22-2020, 02:03 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Barnaby

Red and Strawberry - it certainly does not seem a year. I know she would be cheering you guys on.

D
Old 12-22-2020, 03:21 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Lots of activity today 😊

I'm a bit shocked (just got the news my daughter's poppy committed suicide yesterday) so won't respond to everyone individually today but say sorry your having that issue RAL (I couldn't use my hand a few days ago either) and I didn't know you had broken your ankle Venus but I'm glad your starting to mend up a bit.

It's very inspirational seeing so many do so well, especially at this time of year
so sorry for your loss, zura. Such a hard way to lose someone so precious in your daughter life . Thoughts with you and your daughter and we are all here in whatever small way we can be to support you. X
Old 12-22-2020, 03:37 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
(((Tanky))) ❤️

I wonder how it would feel if you think about it the other way around.....as in how would you and your kids get through Christmas if you were drinking. Could you trust yourself? Would you be there for them to make this a nice Christmas that they will remember? Would you be able to do whatever cooking/driving/visiting you have planned?

Isn't that just SO tiring....wondering how we are going to get away with it.....drink but not get too drunk.....not let anyone see.....wake up feeling awful but pretend we are all cool?

That sounds exhausting to me. This way might feel like it's a challenge, but I bet you have so much fun with your kids....

Sorry about the client....sounds to me like you were not rude. Could be a door you can still open if you want to. s xx
thankyou, Venus. A much better way to look at it all.

and it’s true I was able to do so much more today than I ever would have been able to when I was chained to alcohol. Even if there were moments when I just wanted to stop, to turn the volume down, to hide for a bit. Great meals - not just bare minimum efforts, selecting & decorating a makeshift Xmas tree (okay it is actually a dead branch, but hey. &#128514 family beach walk, sandcastles, shopping, throwing & catching footballs, jumping on trampoline, throwing ball/sticks for dog, etc. I even showed my son the day counting app & told him I had stopped drinking and gaming. He wanted to know why I was still smoking. 😂 but he is generally happy - but wary, I think. My daughter , too.

So yeah, good day, and hopefully it will get easier.
Old 12-22-2020, 03:55 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Day 96 overall and day 5 off Antabuse. Indulging thinking about drinking. Imagining getting my sleeping bag, leaving my parents house and just sleeping rough and getting wasted all day, with an occasional night here or there in a police cell. I could see my depression lifting the moment I open that first can. Everything would be ok as the alcohol washes over me.

I know this is just fantasy. I wasn't happy sleeping rough drinking all day. I have goals I want to accomplish. And my parents house is the best place to start working on them. I'm doing c25k now. I want to finish week 3 today. I want to buy gifts for my parents and my nieces and nephews. I want to be 99 days sober on Christmas Day and reinvent myself as a sober responsible son/brother/uncle. I want to get a job. I want to meditate every day. I want to overcome my depression properly without alcohol just making it worse

But still, it's kind of comforting to indulge the fantasy of drinking
Old 12-22-2020, 04:08 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
so yes, I am scared and I find it tiring and worry that “ I can’t”, but am doing it anyway.
I love this!! No matter how difficult it may seem, we're doing it anyway
We can do hard things!!!
Old 12-22-2020, 04:39 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
Hi all. Im on day 8 sober and my friend suggested this lovely site to help support me. I always cave so this is the longest ive gone in a long time. But i want a sober christmas enjoying every second that i can with my kids. I find it hard after a hard day at work to ignore the red wine and gin but ive promised myself i will do this. Alcohol doesnt give me anything good and i dont like drunk me so heres to fighting the good fight. Hope you all have a great day ❤
Welcome to SR dear Barnaby!
And welcome to the group. s ❤️
Old 12-22-2020, 04:41 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tanky View Post
thankyou, Venus. A much better way to look at it all.

and it’s true I was able to do so much more today than I ever would have been able to when I was chained to alcohol. Even if there were moments when I just wanted to stop, to turn the volume down, to hide for a bit. Great meals - not just bare minimum efforts, selecting & decorating a makeshift Xmas tree (okay it is actually a dead branch, but hey. &#128514 family beach walk, sandcastles, shopping, throwing & catching footballs, jumping on trampoline, throwing ball/sticks for dog, etc. I even showed my son the day counting app & told him I had stopped drinking and gaming. He wanted to know why I was still smoking. 😂 but he is generally happy - but wary, I think. My daughter , too.

So yeah, good day, and hopefully it will get easier.
That sounds like heaven Tanky ~ what a beautiful day with your kids. s ❤️