Notices

Class of December 2020 Part 2

Old 12-20-2020, 04:55 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
you have to go the way you see fit FF.

I'm sorry you drank BtG. No wanting to let people down was one of the main things that kept me drinking - ironically I was letting myself down.

I had to make some pretty tough calls in the beginning about what things I went to and who I went to them with. When U did go to things I hgad a headful of contingency plans for staying sober.

It might sound like a lot of work, but I think we all really have to protect our recovery - it's a precious thing.

welcome back Citrus

congrats to everyone today on their sober milestones no matter what day it is

D
usually i do, but i didn't think this one thru. It was suppose to be a xmas drop off, not a hang out for hours thing, but i should know better they are our besties, neighborhood wise/kid wise. I guess i really need to safeguard myself.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Nevermind Venus, I reread your post and realised I probably didn't worry you at all, you just were just sharing a memory 😂
Old 12-20-2020, 05:04 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Haha yep good Venus 😜 same page. Anyway that's my cue to stop trying to multitask today and get back to the garden ❤️
Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Enjoy love....I am off to bed soon... ❤️❤️
Old 12-20-2020, 05:31 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sodasoba View Post
There's an interest to chase up Relena.....do you have a telescope?
I wish.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:40 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by relena View Post
I wish.
What is the great convergence Relena?
Old 12-20-2020, 06:08 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope tomorrow is a better day for anyone not feeling great today

D
Old 12-20-2020, 06:21 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Hey. Soda-Since you mentioned it, we are hoping for clear skies tomorrow night. No telescope , but we heard you can see things without one.
I forgot who it was that mentioned the vodka taunting you in the freezer, but I can totally relate. Mrs. Bob has a handle of vodka in the freezer constantly. But you know, that doesn't bother me near as much as how drinking is priority #1 for most of everyday.
Zura-Yes, I have talked of traveling to Ireland as soon as retirement hits, but I'm wondering at this point how long it will actually be before everything is back to normal so it could be an enjoyable visit. Mrs. Bob retires in June and I do in August. Garden? What time of year is it there. After all this time, I'm still pretty clueless on that conversion.
Hope everyone has a great start to the week!
Old 12-20-2020, 06:37 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Maybe it's the convergence relena speaks if that has a few of us out of sorts....I had no idea what it was and had to google it. I'm saying that half jokingly because I'm not an astrology expert but I find the mysteries of the world and universe a wee bit interesting!

Bob - ahhh that sounds like what I was thinking of. Ireland would be wonderful to see. It's summer here (Dec - Feb) but I can garden all year round, bar extremes and here in Aus that's usually a heatwave as opposed to extreme cold.
Old 12-20-2020, 06:50 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Just checking in to say I am surviving my Xmas Covid complications /general insanity so far - despite increased stress and some testing exposures. I am heading to a different location (aka nowhere near greater Sydney) to meet some of my family for Xmas, after picking up kids from my ex. And survived time with ex family overnight . 👍 (some pretty special cravings , including waking up in middle of night remembering the two bottles of alcohol siting on their kitchen bench, but no drinking,)
Old 12-20-2020, 07:55 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear Tanky

D
Old 12-20-2020, 10:47 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Morning all.

Thanks for kind words. everything works itself out in the end if we are sober.

I'm sorry red. I thought of nichole the other day. Cant believe it's been a year 😓

I am at my caravan so on my phone. Apologies for not mentioning everyone or replying but old fashioned and need laptop 😂

Listening to the waves crashing onto the rocks. It might not be a hot and sunny beach in the Caribbean but it is still impressive if somewhat chilly and I am grateful for my peaceful place.

Day 16. Working up till Christmas eve. not got the school run tho so a slower pace. Though they have at least 4 weeks off due to the new variant. Looks like the UK is being shut off from the world. Hopefully it will contain it.

Anyway have a good day all.x
Old 12-20-2020, 10:49 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zura View Post
Lixie - exciting about the dog but I yes sounds like your at full capacity just now!

RAL - fantastic about the refund. That must be a load off your mind.

Just having a freak out moment. Stressful day but it's set my anxiety levels through the roof, as if the world is ending. In my mind I'm thinking body why are you having such a severe reaction to these things. Self soothing is bringing it back down but my gosh I'm sensitive and heightened. Took me by surprise, I'm normally quite a calm and serene person, even in recovery, can't wait for this stage to pass. Just further proof what this poison does to us. Anyway thanks for providing such a nice environment for me to share that ❤️
I hope your day improved zura and are feeling calm again. Your sense of calm and serenity comes through in your posts and helps me as I'm sure you help others too.x
Old 12-20-2020, 10:54 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Great result tanky 👍

Sorry you are feeling so down relena. Can you maybe see your doctor for help ?

Old 12-20-2020, 11:50 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Day 3 without Antabuse, day 95 overall. Looking forward to a sober Christmas. Hopefully my family will see I've really changed.
Old 12-20-2020, 11:55 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Day 35

i have a busy schedule today so not a lot of time to post. The AV came knocking at my door quite hard last night and the fantasy of being ‘normal’ and moderation returned. The prospect of Christmas doesn’t help. That all said I fought the AV off (he was never close to winning to be honest) but I know he’s about and waiting with his own version of jingle bells to sing. I’m on my guard.

Stay strong. Stay safe. Stay sober.

JT
Old 12-21-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Administrator

Really proud of everyone for resisting the urge - the way forward is the way out

D
Old 12-21-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

I was certain I wouldn't drink, but I did.
​​​​​​As disciplined as a rock, as my very good friend Bob thinks of me, I've proved it isn't so tonight. Thank you for your faith in me in that regard. Youve been the gentle believer in me I've always needed. SR is a really lovely place and I know I will succeed, as much as I beat myself up My friend Bob is there. I really hope you and Mrs Bob get your vacation xxoo
Old 12-21-2020, 01:36 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Sorry Dee, i know how you all tirelessly work doing the work you do. I really do apologise to you all. My circumstances don't give me time off "just because"
Old 12-21-2020, 02:36 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Good morning.
FF-You are doing great!
JT-Hoping you Stay safe, Stay strong, and Stay sober.
Hope you continue to do well RAL. Good to hear from you Red.
Venus-I never did comment on the chatty Suzzy or whatever it was, but it did make me laugh.
Zura-Summer, huh? You have probably been working way too hard in your garden Sorry to hear your announcement, but hopefully it is time to get right back on the horse.