Notices

New here

Old 12-17-2020, 06:22 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

anxiousrock, i try to push it back because it doesn't do me any good.
Thank you anxiousrock and Mizz P. It's no alcohol and caffeine free. It sure is Mizz P, it's why the coca cola company try so hard with their advertisement. It's something that's ingrained in the swedish culture around christmas.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:55 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

hi Vik, I'm sorry you drank again, but glad you are safe now. One thing that is often recommended here on SR is to come up with a plan for yourself -- how you're going to approach not drinking, what to do when you're tempted. Dee created a post a few years ago that still has some great info, here is a link:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ery-plans.html (Psst...wanna know why I'm always recommending recovery plans?)

I hope our support can help you get sober for good.
Old 12-17-2020, 01:33 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

After that. I'm gonna talk to a social worker (i assume that is what she is). See what's available for me. I'm just lucky i got here and that those people took care of me. I hope so too, tursiops999.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I've fallen into the brushes too, Vic. It doesn't snow in australia, but would have, it it did. Very dangerous, I know. Made the reckless posts, and SMS messages, too. We've all done it vic, so very good to see you here, now. You are amongst people who understand. Just keep coming back and talking about it.

Good that you are seeking help too. Try not be embarrassed, hold your head high, and know that most often people ARE good, and you are now making change.

Welcome.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:48 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Thank you.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Vik, I agree with Steely -- keep coming back and posting, we're here to support you.
Old 12-17-2020, 07:50 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back Vik

D
Old 12-17-2020, 09:14 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Free.

Welcome Vik88.
I hope you’ll find some good support and some meaningful answers here.

Be well.
Post often.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:22 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Glad i got here. It's a tough road but it's alot easier with the support i get here.
Old 12-18-2020, 08:26 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I'm glad that you're seeking help to stay sober, Vik88. You can do this!
Old 12-22-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank you all, i'm here for the long haul. Doing better, those first days without alcohol are the worst then after a couple of days. I start to appreciate the calmness of just sitting down watching or reading something. Knowing i got nothing that i might have to regret the next day.
Old 12-22-2020, 05:53 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vik88 View Post
Thank you all, i'm here for the long haul. Doing better, those first days without alcohol are the worst then after a couple of days. I start to appreciate the calmness of just sitting down watching or reading something. Knowing i got nothing that i might have to regret the next day.
Good for you! Yes, getting through the initial rough patch and on to the other side is so nice.
Keep on moving forward.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:16 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Thank you Mizz.
Old 12-22-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I talked with the social worker today and she will forward it to a supervisor. They will contact me shortly, but considering these corona times. I don't know when that is, but i'm glad for the help that they can provide. As well as your help.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:05 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

hang in there Vik. I have only 8 days sober at the moment, so I'm not in a position to offer too much advice, but SR is very helpful. People here "get us". You are lucky you are catching this awful disease at an early age. I sincerely wish I had seen the light at aged 32. (I'm now 54).
Old 12-22-2020, 07:50 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

slaying, you shouldn't feel worried about the age you are, we try all to work at it. Could i go back and not drink when i was younger? sure, but we're are all here to help one another. It's better late then never. I work hard at it, as i'm sure you're doing. They do. Congratulations on 8 days. We're all family here.
Old 12-22-2020, 02:36 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vik88 View Post
slaying, you shouldn't feel worried about the age you are, we try all to work at it. Could i go back and not drink when i was younger? sure, but we're are all here to help one another. It's better late then never. I work hard at it, as i'm sure you're doing. They do. Congratulations on 8 days. We're all family here.
totally agree!

I first started having the opportunity to 'get it' when I was 14. I encountered opportunities with alcohol and drug counselors. I encountered opportunities in my late teens with run-ins with the law and alcohol poisoning incidents, in my 20's when alcohol got me in trouble in the military and plagues my first marriage. In my thirties when sentenced to AA and rehabilitative counseling. Again, later in my thirties, when somehow avoiding killing myself or others in a terrible hit and run.... and then in my early 40's with a second DUI that should easily have been a third..... FINALLY picking it up....

So yeah - it's probably not a matter of what age you start getting opportunities and insights as to the reality of your addiction or alcoholism - but moreso at what age we begin CHOOSING another path!

Glad you're both here.

Old 12-22-2020, 08:50 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

FreeOwl. That person got ok? Thank you, it's never to late for us to get help.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:58 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

As long as you're still breathing, it's not too late to get help. I was 58 when I got sober for good.
Old 12-22-2020, 10:32 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Vik 88. I'm new here as well started a thread only two days ago. It's so great this place ( and AA) exists, because here are people who experience the same. For me the definition of an alcoholic is having problems but still doing it. My family enjoys alcohol...when it's the time for it..period. they are not alcoholics. I drank more than the rest sneaking off for more at parties drinking alone drinking more and more etc etc. Until is had become life threatening with horrible withdrawals, and now I'm hoping 6 months sober my brain will ever become more than doing a simple executive job. I wish you don't end up like that. So I'm not only on SR to help myself, I am gonna support you too to stay sober. Look for the signs you might have an alcoholic nature, there are tests on the internet, and do not ignore that. An early alcoholic in not fully active addiction yet will become one if he will not listen. And alcoholism is a progressive disease. What doesn't seem so much now will become it. Act now. The best! MeSober77