Notices

New here

Old 12-10-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi & welcome Victor. I知 glad you found us. As you settle in to read and post I知 sure you値l find lots of help & support. Don稚 be afraid to reach out and ask questions or share. You have arrived and are among friends now.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Vik, welcome to SR. You’re amongst like minded people.
I’ve learnt so much from other members who understood me.
Old 12-10-2020, 08:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

How are you doing today Vik? Check in as often as you like to read and post. SR is a life saver.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hey Vik.... Happy Sober Friday!!

How's things?
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

It's going good. It might sound a bit weird, but just being here lessen my desire to go on a bender again.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:06 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

not weird at all!! That's exactly how it works.

Old 12-11-2020, 03:07 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

what was your last bender like? How long has this been an issue for you? What are your biggest reasons to be here?

Old 12-11-2020, 03:22 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

i made sms to my family that i wouldnt while sober. It's been an issue since 2008. My biggest reason to be here is to try to be clean.
Old 12-11-2020, 03:31 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ah, yes. The old unfortunate SMS that we regret trick!!! Yes, I know it well. 12 years of problem drinking is definitely a long run of 'evidence' you have to support your conclusion that trying to be clean is a great idea!

Congratulations to you in acknowledging it to yourself and to other human beings, here in the SR forum.

These are steps in the right direction!

Old 12-11-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thank you freeowl.
Old 12-11-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes, that's what we're here for - to support you in your sober journey.

Old 12-11-2020, 08:55 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Welcome Vik88!! So glad you found us. Please read & post often. SR is always open and you'll find lots of support, wisdom, experience and compassion.
Old 12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Welcome, Vik88! I'm new here too.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I ***ed up around the 11 later on during the day, bought some booze. Then when it was running out on the 12th, i went to buy some more but my legs wouldn't hold me on the back home so i fell into some brushes and couldn't get up (doesn't help with 12liters on your back, in a backpack). Some nice people saw me, a girl called after help and she asked me if that was ok, i said yes. Then i spent the night in what i guess was the drunk tank. The guy at the desk asked me if i wanted some help and i said yes. I'm waiting for a letter soon. I'm kinda shy to go out now because of it, but then again those i met didn't seem to be the judgmental kind. All were very nice. Since then i feel kinda ashamed but i try to fight that because that could give one a reason and i won't allow myself to do that again. Sorry for the long post.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vik88 View Post
I ***ed up around the 11 later on during the day, bought some booze. Then when it was running out on the 12th, i went to buy some more but my legs wouldn't hold me on the back home so i fell into some brushes and couldn't get up (doesn't help with 12liters on your back, in a backpack). Some nice people saw me, a girl called after help and she asked me if that was ok, i said yes. Then i spent the night in what i guess was the drunk tank. The guy at the desk asked me if i wanted some help and i said yes. I'm waiting for a letter soon. I'm kinda shy to go out now because of it, but then again those i met didn't seem to be the judgmental kind. All were very nice. Since then i feel kinda ashamed but i try to fight that because that could give one a reason and i won't allow myself to do that again. Sorry for the long post.
Getting sober is not linear. (I feel like that sentence has become my "tagline")

Sobriety does have the starts and stops. The "lets try this again and it may not be too bad" kind of thing. Our efforts of quitting do pay off. I have had plenty of "starts and stops" during active drinking and getting to a place of sobriety required an immense amount of uphill walking.

I do believe that it is important to restructure ourselves when we quit drinking. What is now habitual (drinking) needs to be replaced with a different habit. A "habit" that is beneficial and is nurturing.

Example: My drinking time was when I got off work.

Instead of alcohol consumption after work I would boil water for tea. Take a bath. Eat dinner. Log onto a meeting and then participate here on SR. This was my new "habit" every night.

This new routine took a bit to become "normal" and it created a different pathway to a new and positive "habit."

It is not easy but it is rewarding and worth the efforts.

As for the backpack in the snow situation, I do understand how you "feel" embarrassed but please give yourself some love and compassion and know that ALL of us here have done things that we are embarrassed over. Let that story be the last story in your drinking adventures book!
Old 12-17-2020, 05:54 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you, i felt anxious about my misshape. No snow though, just a somewhat wet and cold climate.
Sobriety does have the starts and stops. The "lets try this again and it may not be too bad" kind of thing
. That's one of my bad habits, this time it's different, well it aint. I do love a warm shower and some julmust. I'm just really glad i found you all. It's hard to kinda kick that whole, alcohol makes it fun thing. I'm trying though, with some julmust and good meals.
Old 12-17-2020, 05:59 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you, i felt anxious about my misshape. No snow though, just a somewhat wet and cold climate
My bad! I reread your post.
Bushes? Snow? same thing.....
Old 12-17-2020, 06:09 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Samantha

Thank you, i felt anxious about my misshape. No snow though, just a somewhat wet and cold climate.
. That's one of my bad habits, this time it's different, well it aint. I do love a warm shower and some julmust. I'm just really glad i found you all. It's hard to kinda kick that whole, alcohol makes it fun thing. I'm trying though, with some julmust and good meals.
I always feel anxious about my mishaps too.... comes with the territory.
I hope you're doing okay.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:13 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I had to look up Julmust as we dont have that drink here in the US. Interesting for sure. That stuff is very popular in your neck of the woods right now.