Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Would I want to drink ...After all this time sober? Weekenders 30 October-02 November 2020

Notices

Would I want to drink ...After all this time sober? Weekenders 30 October-02 November 2020

Old 11-01-2020, 11:28 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Eight Years! Well done, Coldfusion!
Old 11-01-2020, 11:45 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Fantastic to see you on Weekenders Weasel1966 and I'm really pleased to hear that Mecanix is still doing well.

Congratulations on 8 years Coldfusion, you can be proud of that.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
20201101_193911.jpg (32.9 KB, 82 views)
Old 11-01-2020, 12:56 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Huge congratulations Coldfusion.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 8 years Coldfusion! That’s wonderful
Old 11-01-2020, 03:23 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Kaily coldfusion and Forwards and anyone else hitting a milestone today

sorry for your loss MesaMan...

great to see you Ken

D
Old 11-01-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

congrats from me too...
Old 11-01-2020, 08:35 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations Coldfusion, 8 years is brilliant!

Old 11-01-2020, 09:09 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good Morning Weekenders

So good to see you Weasel. I have gleaned so much from your past posts for Weekenders.

lunar good to see Jobu looking so content with his new friends. Hi to Annie too.

Kaily, if you don’t feel your new doggy is a ‘Candy’ why not change her name I changed my cat’s names that they had been given at the rescue centre. They just didn’t seem to suit them... I’m sure, when her personality shines through, her name will just pop into your head.

Saou, yes thanks, I’m fine. I was more annoyed the burglars wasn’t caught. Our neighbours said CSI said that we’d disturbed them before they took the pile of valuables they’d got from their home.

MantaLady, hope you’re ok.

A funny thing happened. I’d ordered a fruit cake with my groceries and they didn’t have it in stock and sent me an alternative. I said ok to the delivery guy, absentmindedly. They usually gave a good substitute.
Anyway yesterday I thought I’d have a slice and just checked the label with it being a different cake and it said the fruit had been soaked in booze. Yep. What! When I was just looking forward to a slice. A fleeting ‘would it be ok to eat’ passed through my brain and was kicked out the other side.
Absolutely no way I’m eating or drinking anything that contains alcohol. I even ensure the mouthwash I buy is zero-alcohol.

Take care folks, be safe xx
Old 11-01-2020, 09:33 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Coldfusion, big congrats and hugs on 8 yrs sober!! Woo hoo!
Old 11-01-2020, 09:36 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
EnjoyingTheJourney

Hi Weasel! Oh my, it's so nice to 'See' you I hope your leg is healed nicely and best wishes on building your dream home.......

Congratulations on 2 years Kaily and to Coldfusion on your 8 Years!!

Following the alarm beeping incident, we had extreme high winds in my area. My pup hates alarms and high winds so it's been an interesting weekend. The wind finally died down tonight so we took a full moon walk and now we're both enjoying some ice cream. All is well for now

I'm so glad I checked in to the Weekenders. You are such a supportive group of folks....take care and stay safe and well....... xxxx
Old 11-01-2020, 09:47 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Magsie

Good to see you Bandicoot, I’m pleased the winds have died down. Keep safe oh and congratulations on your 4 years and 10 months sober!
Old 11-02-2020, 01:30 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Weekend successfully negotiated sober. Two in a row now. Day 16 today.
Feeling good. Stress and anxiety a lot less now and starting to get into a normal sort of feeling most of the time. I missed being sober. It so easy to forget how bad things can get and once you manage to get some decent sober time and sleep things start to look way better and hope/resolve kicks in. Those first couple of week just need to zoom past with you holding onto the thought that it gets better very quickly. Although 2 weeks on day 1 seems like an impossible task, pushing through the pain and mental anguish is worth it. Alcohol never makes anything better.

Thanks all for the post over the weekend, I don't post a lot but I read several times a day and you all kept me focused and happy that I was not alone.

I will not drink today
Old 11-02-2020, 01:32 AM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Mr

Thank you Mags for opening another brill weekender !

I'm just popping in to be accountable and say hi to all the newbies and old timers alike. I dont think i was ever on a weekender with weasel but i do remember when i started posting in the weekender it was Sao who opened. So still have some memory...

Congrats to all the milestoners. Its great getting along with life without the crutch. I have to say sometimes i kind of feel like I read there in a post a while back that i kind of feel glad sometimes i went through alcoholism, weird i know, but in some ways it thought me to live and maybe even saved me from something worse that i dint know how to deal with. Dissociation mechanisms maybe... I say that now as a novice having 7+ months of sobriety so early days...

As for me keeping bust during lockdown 2.0, been doing some DIY, building walls, pouring concrete and then some IT for the paycheck, lockdown life

Great to see you posting anew Mesa, sorry about mesaDog...

Marley still tries to come in my bedromm window, no manners..

Manta hope you post soon too...
Take care weekenders
Old 11-02-2020, 01:32 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations on day 16 Phil. Day 1 is best left in the past I found.
Old 11-02-2020, 01:35 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Magsie

Vinny, Marley is gorgeous. Take care, We’re going in lockdown from this Thursday.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:50 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Kaily - two years!

Coldfusion - eight years!

Fantastic, you two!
Old 11-02-2020, 09:11 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Well done on 16 days Phil! It will get easier.

Good to see you Vinny.

London goes into lockdown on Thursday. Result, suddenly the streets have people in them.
Old 11-02-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Ha. That's what happened here prior to lockdown, too. Panic. Must go outdoors.

This is for Kaily, thanks for getting me interested in Andrew Cotter and Mabel and Olive. They are so fun. This just posted yesterday.

Old 11-02-2020, 09:16 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Samantha

I had a good sober weekend. Gave in to some Halloween candy but didn't gain weight so I'm happy. I did pull a muscle in my neck/shoulder/back....hurts to move now so I'm heating it now and will ice it later. But it's a beautiful day and I can't wait to get out.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:09 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

I would guess Marley has the face of a Springer, tail of a brittany, can't make out body well enough. Good looking dog regardless.

Gave in last night to a piece of pumpkin pie with a little raspberry ice cream on it instead of whipped cream.