Notices

Day 173 checking in

Old 11-03-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 173 checking in

Today I work on day 173

It was a little up and down since last week. Stress, anxiety depression but I am still sober. I took a few days off too refocus and get my head clear. I can't remember having any dreams during my time of recovery but I did have a dream that I had relapse? But in my dream it's like no one cared anything about it. For me I took it as a sign . In the last week I found myself comparing my life with others. And I could feel that self pity that I lived in during my addiction. During my addiction the only dreams I had was nightmares when I was withdrawing. That would scare me and I would be good then relapse back to the same path of addiction. The message I got was my recovery is my recovery and I shouldn't matter what others think. I shouldn't judge other's or make it my business on how they live.
Old 11-03-2020, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Relapse dreams are pretty common. If you got something positive from it that’s great.

Congrats on your milestone
Old 11-03-2020, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 173 days! I think your conclusions about the dream makes perfect sense. With booze out of the picture our instincts can lead the way. Keep following your gut
Old 11-03-2020, 02:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

173 days of sobriety is great! I had some pretty strange dreams about relapsing, too.
Old 11-03-2020, 02:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for your replies. I haven't been eating well lately started to give my self a pass and eating sweets alot because of the beginning of the holiday to start. But I would find my mind cloudy and stomach dealing with digestive issues. Lack of energy. I'm grateful I had taken off those days to refocus and work on myself.
Old 11-04-2020, 12:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

After that many clean days, it is all mental.

Born again non drinker. Hate the stuff. Booze is a neuro toxin.

Natural highs are much better. Adrenaline, dopamine, endorphins, and melatonin.

I am still using caffeine, in the form of instant coffee and pre work out. 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day. 1 dose of pre work out.

Addict for life.

Thanks.
Old 11-05-2020, 10:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
After that many clean days, it is all mental.

Born again non drinker. Hate the stuff. Booze is a neuro toxin.

Natural highs are much better. Adrenaline, dopamine, endorphins, and melatonin.

I am still using caffeine, in the form of instant coffee and pre work out. 2 or 3 cups of coffee a day. 1 dose of pre work out.

Addict for life.

Thanks.
Yes I do drink caffeine aswell. Depends on my anxiety if I feel very anxious I will relax a bit on caffeine. But most days I drink tea for mornings and cup coffee mid day. The. Pre-work out before exercising. So I say it's around the recommended 400mg per a day.

And yes alot of mental stuff. Which has been alot of my self care focus. Have to putin the work this covid-19 does have alot of effect on mental health. It's time to focus on the things that matter.