# 161 (permalink)  

Good morning dearest Jewel ❤️
Old 08-09-2020, 06:02 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

And hello dear James and Liz and dizzy. s ❤️❤️❤️
Old 08-09-2020, 12:10 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Walked over 4 miles yesterday to keep busy. I can’t wait to start running again. Will incorporate jogging with walking this week to prepare the body again. It’s been through a lot with all my wine consumption and lousy eating over the last few months. I like to take it slow so I don’t risk an injury.
Great idea starting back slow Jewel. This morning was my first run in a couple of months, though I had been walking up to 5 miles recently. Couldn't stay with my daughter. Made it 1.5 miles, walked some, and then another mile. Will take a while to get the cardio back. How far were you running when you were at your peak?
Old 08-09-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Well it’s day one for me, I’d like to join this class of August 2020. I’ve been trying to knock the booze on the head for a number of years but never had a support network. Hope this time will be different.
Old 08-09-2020, 01:42 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Welcome dear Daytona! ❤️
Old 08-09-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

James2020, from Chicago? Did you watch The Last Dance on Netflix yet? Brilliant!

Dog days of summer are here. 10 years ago, I would have been off at a cottage up north owned by my the family of my ex-gf. My drinking ruined that relationship and it's been downhill since then. I estimate that I have probably lost 15 years total to alcoholism. Determined to be sober and ready to reinvent myself for when this pandemic is over.
Old 08-09-2020, 03:03 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Daytona

D
Old 08-09-2020, 05:13 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
James2020, from Chicago? Did you watch The Last Dance on Netflix yet? Brilliant!
WL, no, I'm actually from Kansas City, but have been a Bulls fan since before Jordan. I loved The Last Dance. Watched it when it first came out on ESPN and am going to watch it again on Netflix. Great memories. Hope you're doing well. My mom was Canadian, born in the Toronto area. Is that where you are from?
Old 08-09-2020, 05:30 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

I’d like to join. Day 1 for me. Chronic relapser. Was in treatment last October. Drinking wine all day, everyday. Age 44. Looking forward to participating in this group. I’m active in AA.
Old 08-09-2020, 05:48 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Here we go...

Sooo, here we are. Somehow in the last year i started drinking in the morning (vodka) and sometimes throughout the day. Also started sneaking shots beyond my husbands back and lying about how much i drink. I have pissed off my liver and i am, for the 1st time in my 20 year drinking career, feeling withdrawals. The sweats, anxiety, heart racing, etc. I need help. So today i made a plan and i am posting for accountability and to share. I made a tapering schedule, which will put my 1st day saturday. 5 days reducing 2 drinks everyday. Saturday is my birthday and that will be my 1st day sober. One day at a time! Thx for reading and your support.
Old 08-09-2020, 06:27 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome LeeHawk and backtogood

D
Old 08-09-2020, 06:35 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

James, yep, Toronto. We had to watch Last Dance on Netflix because no ESPN in Canada.

Lee hawk, I turn 44 in 10 days. Time we stop this nonsense, isn't it?

Backtogood, I was a sneaky vodka drinker for a while. My girlfriend at the time knew I had a bottle hidden somewhere, but couldn't find it. We lived in a loft apartment, converted factory with 16 foot ceilings and a giant wooden beam 12 feet up. The vodka was hidden on top of the beam. Had to stand on the kitchen counter to get it up there. I know those withdrawals you are having. They are awful!
Old 08-09-2020, 08:49 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
James, yep, Toronto. We had to watch Last Dance on Netflix because no ESPN in Canada.

Lee hawk, I turn 44 in 10 days. Time we stop this nonsense, isn't it?

Backtogood, I was a sneaky vodka drinker for a while. My girlfriend at the time knew I had a bottle hidden somewhere, but couldn't find it. We lived in a loft apartment, converted factory with 16 foot ceilings and a giant wooden beam 12 feet up. The vodka was hidden on top of the beam. Had to stand on the kitchen counter to get it up there. I know those withdrawals you are having. They are awful!
thx. Yeah, I've hidden bottles, drank vidka and replaced with water so he wouldn't notice, It's like "how did i get here?" Thx for sharing. Withdrawals suck.
Old 08-09-2020, 10:20 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

I know how your feeling Backtogood, I live alone so no-one to hide it from but the early morning drinking vodka, that’s me too! I said yesterday it was day 2 but it was actually day 1 and I didn’t realise I had drunk the day before. However, got through it. I am going into the office today for the first time in 5.5 months even though hardly anyone will be there as we can stay home if we want but I can’t be trusted at the moment to be home alone all day. Going out there is filling me full of anxiety and panic as I have pretty much seen no-one and been no-where not even food shopping for months. But I know I will buy alcohol if I stay at home so I have no choice.

well here goes...day 2 x
Old 08-09-2020, 10:46 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Administrator

day two is a great start tryharder

D
Old 08-10-2020, 12:35 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Welcome, LeeHawk and backtogood!

Day 5 here, and although I haven't slept very well I feel good. I've tried quitting so many times before, but this time is different. I am more determined, very aware of my own thoughts and more able to identify those sneaky thoughts of drinking. That means that I can turn things around before they get too strong and impossible to withstand, and that makes me happy. In earlier attempts at sobriety I have set myself goals. First, one week sober. Maybe two, or even a month. But that kind of thinking has one huge flaw, it says" how long can I make it until I start drinking again."
I know now that I can never drink again. And that thought has made things so much easier for me. I don't have to entertain the notion of champagne toasts at my wedding in two months or inviting friends over for dinner and wine. I'm sober now, that's it.

Have a happy, sober day!
Old 08-10-2020, 03:23 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Made it to the office and I am the only one here but we’re in a nice building so it’s better than sitting at home failing to talk myself out of picking up again. It’s been nice to see faces and chat to people on the way to work and getting a coffee etc. I really needed a change. Hope everyone is taking care of themselves x
Old 08-10-2020, 04:06 AM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tryharder2 View Post
I know how your feeling Backtogood, I live alone so no-one to hide it from but the early morning drinking vodka, that’s me too! I said yesterday it was day 2 but it was actually day 1 and I didn’t realise I had drunk the day before. However, got through it. I am going into the office today for the first time in 5.5 months even though hardly anyone will be there as we can stay home if we want but I can’t be trusted at the moment to be home alone all day. Going out there is filling me full of anxiety and panic as I have pretty much seen no-one and been no-where not even food shopping for months. But I know I will buy alcohol if I stay at home so I have no choice.

well here goes...day 2 x
i also have just been staying home, and they closed my restaurant that i had been at for 25 years. Now I've been home so much, that when i go out its almost surreal. I feel panicky and anxiety, just being out driving around after being inside after months. Congrats on day 2 and choosing to go into work and keep busy! We've got this, have a plan, keep busy, make the choices that our going to allow us to have a future. At least that is where I'm at. Let's make this a new day!
Old 08-10-2020, 04:07 AM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Opps.

Old 08-10-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by James2020 View Post
Hello Primativo and Jewel, glad to meet you and share this journey with you. It's our turn to become the success stories on SR. Let's find out what lies ahead and leave the anchor of alcohol behind us. Doesn't matter if we've tried and failed before. It got us to where we are today, and today is all that matters. Look forward to getting to know you.
Hi James nice to meet you.

I am dissapointed with myself, but am going to own it.I slipped up yesterday, I went to the riverside with my friend and had a picnic, no issues, no desire to drink. We then went to a pub and I had two glasses of wine with my meal. Came home on my own and drank a bottle of wine. I didn't even enjoy it. Honestly, that bottle of wine was uterly pointless. I just felt rubbish, didn't even get a buzz from it. I am back on day 1 again. I feel fine, I had a crap night sleep because of the drink but no withdrawals or anything.

I am 100% resolute in my determination to get back to my sober life. I am not going to beat myself up about it, onwards and upwards, the sun is shining, life is good and I am no longer going to drink. My sober day is 10/08/2020 for the last day 1.