Old 08-08-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Day 7 is awesome Daria! ❤️
Old 08-08-2020, 11:54 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Yes, you can. s
It will get better every day dear kitty. s xx ❤️
Thank you for being so kind and reassuring. I have hope.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:23 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

End of day 6 here. Went out for dinner with a friend. She was drinking, I had no desire at all. Back home and in bed. Glad and happy to be sober.
Old 08-08-2020, 04:24 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Hi all,
After what I hope is my last slip, I’m finishing up day one, and looking forward to getting back on board here. (Thanks for being there, Venus!)

I’ve got some work to do in the next few days/ weeks, but I look forward to the challenge. I got specific with my husband and told him ways I had been continuing to sneak, so he could be more aware. Even asked him to check a certain bank acct. I would use to purchase wine. Whatever it takes.

Daria, Well done! I can’t wait to get my health back too.

So glad to be back!
Old 08-08-2020, 04:31 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats to everybody on your milestones, regardless of what day it is

D
Old 08-08-2020, 04:59 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hello Primativo and Jewel, glad to meet you and share this journey with you. It's our turn to become the success stories on SR. Let's find out what lies ahead and leave the anchor of alcohol behind us. Doesn't matter if we've tried and failed before. It got us to where we are today, and today is all that matters. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 08-08-2020, 05:16 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

I am in the May class which is getting quiet as happens as people drift away. Will post here too because I am quite isolated and talking to the walls in my apartment isn't working.

Since my last binge, I contracted the Coronavirus, most likely from an ER visit where I wasn't given any sort of PPE. The medical staff were all protected, but none of the patients. Sure enough, a couple weeks later I got a 'cold'. I self-quarantined for 2 weeks and then got tested. Was positive, but recovered.

I am fighting recent urges to drink. The fact I turn 44 soon and that I had the virus are making me think twice about drinking. 15 years of alcoholism. I really need to get a grip!

Old 08-08-2020, 06:03 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard WL.
Like I said in the other thread, rooting for you to figure out something productive to do with your days

D
Old 08-08-2020, 06:12 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

Thanks, James! I would love to be a SR success story. I do admire those that have so much sober time and continue to encourage others here.

WL, Glad to see you posting here. Whatever you do, don’t go back to the drink. It is truly awful and as you know, gets harder and harder to make it back to day one. You are doing great! Just take care if your self and find some new/interesting things to focus on. That’s what I’ll be working on too

Old 08-08-2020, 07:19 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Way to go Jewel on being more specific with your husband. I just had to lay it out all the nitty gritty details so he could truly give me all the support and it’s been the hardest best decision ever if that makes sense!

finishing up day 5 here and back home with my family and babies. It was a tearful and emotional reunion but such a sweet one. We played with the kids all afternoon and took them for a walk by the lake. I am glad to be going to be sober!

great work everyone on your sober Saturday!
Old 08-08-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Way to go Jewel on being more specific with your husband. I just had to lay it out all the nitty gritty details so he could truly give me all the support and it’s been the hardest best decision ever if that makes sense!

finishing up day 5 here and back home with my family and babies. It was a tearful and emotional reunion but such a sweet one. We played with the kids all afternoon and took them for a walk by the lake. I am glad to be going to be sober!

great work everyone on your sober Saturday!
Old 08-08-2020, 10:39 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Say cheese!

morning all x
i had another sober saturday which i did last week also, so im actually happy that i have done it again, as we all know weekend are really hard. so i am going to try hard and not drink today either, so i can have a weekend free from this poison x anyway just wanted to post and im still around x good to see people still trying and doing x anyway off to work this morn.
have good day all xx
Old 08-08-2020, 11:05 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

you too erattic

D
Old 08-09-2020, 02:21 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Good morning, wonderful people! Day four is here, cold, but sunny. Was initially going to take the kiddos to a family park nearby, but my youngest is running a slight fever and has a sore throat - and we've cancelled the whole thing just in case it's Covid-19. Not going to drink because of that.

Have a happy, sober day!
Old 08-09-2020, 02:51 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Day 2 here and I need to get back to staying sober. My life was so much better when I had 18 months sobriety and now I am drinking again I can feel it all slipping away. I had a massive argument with some neighbours on Friday and whilst it started with me having a point about lockdown not being followed and people bringing groups of people outside my house I totally lost all credibility because I was drunk and turned into a monster. I was rude, nasty and became a person I don’t like. Can’t believe I let myself down so badly. Lately I’ve been binging a lot, downing vodka as early as 8am. Feels like I am watching a car crash in slow motion and doing nothing to help myself or even trying to move out of the way of that oncoming truck that is about to smash my life to pieces all over again.

So here I am, back with my tail between my legs and a boatload of shame but I want this to change, I need to change.
Old 08-09-2020, 04:11 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

6:00am on Sunday morning. Having my first cup of coffee, listening to a random Spotify playlist (currently playing Alanis Morissette), and getting ready to meet my daughter for a run. I don't need to tell any of you this, but sober mornings are simply the best.

WastedLife, glad to have you here, and go glad to hear that you recovered from the COVID. Sounds like that's a perfect dividing line between the old and new you. You've got a lot of living ahead of you.

Shame, regret, looking backwards. Useless activities. Today is the day. Best wishes to everyone out there struggling. Never, ever give up.

Last edited by James2020; 08-09-2020 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 08-09-2020, 04:24 AM
  # 157 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by Tryharder2 View Post
So here I am, back with my tail between my legs and a boatload of shame but I want this to change, I need to change.
Put the shame away, please. You should be proud that you are reaching out. No sense in harboring those negative emotions that only drain your energy. Be grateful that you are about to embark on a new life, a life where you gradually will learn how to deal with life and all its stressful situations without drinking.
I'm rooting for you!
Old 08-09-2020, 04:25 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  
soberfighterwriter

Originally Posted by James2020 View Post
6:00am on Sunday morning. Having my first cup of coffee, listening to a random Spotify playlist (currently playing Alanis Morissette), and getting ready to meet my daughter for a run. I don't need to tell any of you this, but sober mornings are simply the best.

WastedLife, glad to have you here, and go glad to hear that you recovered from the COVID. Sounds like that's a perfect dividing line between the old and new you. You've got a lot of living ahead of you.

Shame, regret, looking backwards. Useless activities. Today is the day. Best wishes to everyone out there struggling. Never, ever give up.
So true!
Old 08-09-2020, 05:31 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Really glad you are back dear Tryharder s ❤️

Old 08-09-2020, 05:55 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Welcome, tryharder! 18 months is impressive. Glad you’re back on the sober path.

on to day 2. Coffee tastes great again and hope is creeping back in. Need to go to the store but will order online since I don’t feel comfortable going alone yet.

Walked over 4 miles yesterday to keep busy. I can’t wait to start running again. Will incorporate jogging with walking this week to prepare the body again. It’s been through a lot with all my wine consumption and lousy eating over the last few months. I like to take it slow so I don’t risk an injury.

Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day!