Notices

Alba diary July 2020

Old 07-06-2020, 02:44 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Alba....you are doing great, keep it going. Sorry I haven't been around much the last couple of days, it's been a bit rough. But this is the whole point, isn't it? Learning to weather the storms and not drink.....and it sucks sometimes!

I love a good blustery walk. We have been going along beaches on the east coast. It's good to connect with the outside, though I am finding it really hard to get out sometimes.

Good for you man on your decisions to have better health and weight loss, I am sure you will start seeing the benefits soon.
Old 07-07-2020, 05:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Day 8 and life continues to worse without drink because I cannot bloody sleep. That sentence is obviously false because pre-boozing I slept fine but in the here and now that's where I'm at.

Huge thanks to Gabe for checking in most days. I appreciate it.

I've let my liver get to a stage that my energy level tapers between high and cannot open my eyes. Some others will understand. If you're not there don't do it its horrible.

Tomorrow I start my diet from Musclefood. I'm looking forward to that.

Old 07-07-2020, 10:58 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

ALBA, your sleep should start to improve soon. I swear by the "Calm" app that has guided meditations and sleep stories. It keeps my mind from wandering. The app is free through Kaiser and if you don't have them there are plenty of others out there.
Old 07-08-2020, 01:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks for the tip Max....I always thought you had to pay for those things.

I really feel for you Alba, it hard enough and the lack of sleep just compounds that but are doing really, really well. keep going, and things will improve.

I am just low energy constantly....I never have the high and I wish I could just have a bit of oomph in me. Maybe in time, when all this gets a bit easier I'll be dancing and singing (can't see it though!)

Stay close
Old 07-08-2020, 01:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hi Alba, my last drink was 30th June, so I am on 8th day too. I'll be keeping an eye on your thread and stealing any good ideas you have .
My sleep has only been 1/2 ok the past couple of nights, rubbish before then. I just came off a ten day binge, a bottle of gin a day this time, so it's taking a bit of time for my sleep and energy to pull around. You sound motivated and in good form, even with lack of sleep. Wishing you well.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Day 8 complete. I was obviously tired when I called yesterday day 8, when it was day 7.

Suppose I've had a productive day today because I've followed my new eating regime with musclefood. Beef regu for lunch and pizza for dinner alongside some high protein low carb snacks.
A mate of mine has lost 51lbs since lock down by following the plan and I intend to be the next success story. If your liver's unhappy the doctor would tell you to ditch the booze and lose some weight so I guess today's been a good day for those reasons. Managed 17,000 steps, so three ticks in the right box.

Now....it's approaching bedtime my least favourite part of the day. I'd lose a decent sleep but will except whatever happens and repeat the good practises tomorrow.
Old 07-08-2020, 02:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MaximusD View Post
ALBA, your sleep should start to improve soon. I swear by the "Calm" app that has guided meditations and sleep stories. It keeps my mind from wandering. The app is free through Kaiser and if you don't have them there are plenty of others out there.

Thanks and yeah I tried this app. It didn't work for me but I've heard others swear by it so thanks offering me your advice.
Old 07-09-2020, 07:14 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I am looking forward to being the next success story too Alba - you have made a cracking start!
Old 07-09-2020, 02:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Going to log this for prosperity. On day 8 into 9 I slept between 3:30am and 8:30am.

As a result my Day 9 energy was slightly improved. I went paddling in the sea, had a huge walk round the woods and ended the day at 39,540 steps. A long walk.

Now pesky bed time. I'd love it to get 5 hours tonight.
Old 07-10-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad you are getting a bit more sleep!
Old 07-10-2020, 05:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

How did sleep go? For me around 10 days is when sleep starts to improve.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:43 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hey Alba, how's it going mate?
Old 07-11-2020, 03:41 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Coming to the end of day 11 now. Every day seems the same. Happy 9am-4pm. Knackered 4pm-10pm. 10pm-6am wide awake.

Appreciate those who've checked in. I've everything a man would want: Great wife, cracking kids, wonderful parents. My eyesight is also affected in that I struggle to focus on anything. I don't know if anyone can relate to this?

I've done good things today food wise. Steps are down but still 14,000. I'm still nowhere near balanced. It's been like this for 18 months.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:19 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

11 days is a great start - it is just a start tho - you have the rest of your life to find & live that balance - don't be too hard on yourself ALBA

D
Old 07-11-2020, 04:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

11 days of sobriety is great. And, I'm glad to hear that you're walking a lot and eating well. Hopefully your sleep will improve soon.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:21 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You are early on still ALBA. Hang in there and don't do too much at the same time.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:57 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Finding the balance is an ongoing thing, isn't it! Everything just goes to hell when I am drinking and it saps any connection to my body, my environment and well-being so it's really starting from scratch again. It's takes time. You are doing really well and doing the right stuff that will make a difference. I hope your sleep carries improving.....we'll get there!
Old 07-12-2020, 02:32 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 12 is over and I haven't drank which is the most important thing. I had a wee date with my oldest boy to buy his first pair of school shoes this morning which wasn't the most stress-free thing I've always did and £50 for a few months worth wear. But still and nice father/son moment.

I'm worried about tomorrow and I have been for a few weeks now. My youngest son has a rare Kidney disease ( diagnosed pre-birth ) and tomorrow we go for his scan on his only kidney that developed. It's been scanned at birth, six months, 12 months and now this is the 18 month scan. Sadly every time there are increasing numbers of cysts. But I hope to report back that there's no change as it's been developing faster than the doctors and myself and wife would have liked.

Then hopefully a walk tomorrow as the weathers looking fine. I really don't want to go back to work once the government gives the all clear because lockdown is the perfect time to fight the booze battle.

I've made an agreement that whatever tomorrow brings I'm not drinking. Report in tomorrow night.
Old 07-12-2020, 03:38 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really hope you get some good news at your son's scan tomorrow. That must be very scary for you and your family.

Good job on getting through Day 12.
Old 07-12-2020, 04:49 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

best wishes for good results for you and your son ALBA

D