Notices

Another DUI

Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

You have 7 weeks until your court date. In the interim the most important thing is not drink and work on recovery. If you can go to rehab then go, but if you can't then make a Plan. You should also be thinking about how you will get a job if your license is suspended or revoked and you can't drive. Look into how to withdraw from your 401k. How will your lease/mortgage be paid if you are in jail for two months. Make a list of all financial commitments. Do you have family that can help?
Old 06-03-2020, 08:04 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  

I live with my brother...and can probably withdraw my 401k which would be around $20,000 after fees and taxes. The charge was aggravated because I refused all tests...knew I was really drunk.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:21 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

The Salvation Army offers free rehab. I mean, if you were in rehab the attorney would need to work on that court date.

Other thing is why not contact some local grocery stores and see if they are hiring? Or even a temp agency. Sitting alone with your thoughts and not doing something proactive will start to drag you down.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:35 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

I agree about the job thing....need to find something even if temporary until my 60 days. Looking to start each day with Zoom AA 24/7 meeting I found and enjoyed this morning...and then doing more reading up on sobriety/addiction. Gonna try to get motivated to start working out again....at least if I go to jail I’ll be better fit both mentally and physically.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Meetings are great in early days. I haven't done any online ones, but I'm glad to hear they are helping or comforting to you.

You'll make it through this. One day, one task, one issue at time. Like they say in AA, "None of us came here on a winning streak." We've all made huge mistakes, Hewson, all of us. Even non-drinkers.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  

Have you considered Antabuse? I have a prescription. It helps. It doesn't take away the AV but it helps you to ignore it early on until you get other help.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
TGO

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
The Salvation Army offers free rehab. I mean, if you were in rehab the attorney would need to work on that court date.

Other thing is why not contact some local grocery stores and see if they are hiring? Or even a temp agency. Sitting alone with your thoughts and not doing something proactive will start to drag you down.
He can still go to the gym and workout. Getting a job now will make you look bad after this because what is your answer to why you left Kroger????? " Ummm because I had to go to jail for 60 days"

Get over this aand then get a job. Trust me, I had a warrant for my arrest and was interviewing for a 100K job. It felt pointless because if I got the job. I know I will lose it as I know I am going to jail
Old 06-03-2020, 09:37 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  

True....I guess I need to eat something now. Haven’t eaten since DUI Saturday night. And then try to workout this afternoon before reading more or another Zoom meeting tonight.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:16 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

My goal is to eventually become a certified personal trainer....takes $1000 from ISSA. But don’t think I’ll do that until after jail. We have a basic full home gym in our basement and I do p90x regularly. If I stick to sobriety I think I could be really ripped ....and could be perhaps somewhat self-employed. That’s my dream at least.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:22 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hewson1974 View Post
My goal is to eventually become a certified personal trainer....takes $1000 from ISSA. But don’t think I’ll do that until after jail. We have a basic full home gym in our basement and I do p90x regularly. If I stick to sobriety I think I could be really ripped ....and could be perhaps somewhat self-employed. That’s my dream at least.
Key word....IF I stick to sobriety. Are you thinking otherwise?
Old 06-03-2020, 10:28 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  

I think it would look a lot better to a judge if you found work somewhere - anywhere - rather than go in saying, "I want to be a personal trainer...someday..."

Old 06-03-2020, 10:33 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  

I do to...probably do odd jobs for brother and brother-in-law that both run their own companies until court date/jail time.

I do do intend to stick with sobriety but now have to find the motivation to start working out again.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:36 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  

File for unemployment. Are you not eligible? You can just say it's related to the pandemic.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:41 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

I may try...but I think they will fight it....since I was under the influence at work. I did put in my statement that I suffered from anxiety/depression and it has been off the charts during the past few months. Also the stress was overwhelming of running a store while we furloughed 99% of crew during 2 months, and then running a store with not enough staff when we reopened
Old 06-03-2020, 10:50 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

100% you won't get unemployment if they fired you for being under the influence at work. That is called gross misconduct. I would just move on from that. And BTW I was let go just for COVID layoffs in late March which wasn't my choice. I still don't have my unemployment. So good luck with that.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:59 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  

Yeah I thought the same thing...just probably will have to cash out my 401k and take my medicine. My long term sobriety would be worth it
Old 06-03-2020, 01:08 PM
  # 117 (permalink)  

Just completed my p90x shoulders&arms workout....great way to get **** off my mind and relieve some stress and anxiety. Need to keep doing them daily to help me with my mental state. Did it with a random U2 playlist....some very timely songs played. ‘Some Days’, ‘Mysterious Ways’, ‘Where the Streets Have No Name’, ‘Where Did It All Go Wrong’, and ‘Beautiful Day’.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:30 PM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad to hear you are using music to help you through these tough days. Music has helped me enormously and I know many of us here feel the same.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:38 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
I'm so glad to hear you are using music to help you through these tough days. Music has helped me enormously and I know many of us here feel the same.
yes I love music....all kinds but especially U2...just soothes me....
Old 06-03-2020, 02:09 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
TGO

Originally Posted by Hewson1974 View Post
Just completed my p90x shoulders&arms workout....great way to get **** off my mind and relieve some stress and anxiety. Need to keep doing them daily to help me with my mental state. Did it with a random U2 playlist....some very timely songs played. ‘Some Days’, ‘Mysterious Ways’, ‘Where the Streets Have No Name’, ‘Where Did It All Go Wrong’, and ‘Beautiful Day’.
That P90X is no joke for once of those type of video workouts. You must be in decent shape. Use the gym and nutrition to get in the best shape of your life right now . Wil help when you go to jail anyway. LOL

Ignore some of these people. Get a job at Kroger?? You would be there how long? Then you quit to go to jail. Then you get out of jail. Is there a worse answer to an interview question when they asked why you left Kroger than " I had to go to jail" Hahahhaha