Notices

Another DUI

Old 06-02-2020, 12:15 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Will know more tomorrow after I meet lawyer. In the meantime I’m going to start going to AA meetings and look into treatment for my anxiety/depression problems.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:17 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

That sounds like a good plan, Hewson.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:33 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Free.

Henson:
Yes, you’ll know more after seeing your lawyer.
I know you’re likely spinning your wheels, maybe freaking out a bit. I know I was.

Your 2014 offence was more than five years ago. That might be mitigating.
‘If you express sincerity in court, present yourself well, but also have some recovery time in and a definite recovery ‘program’ or plan; You’ll probably find that the judge will consider these things. They are human after all.

Best of luck to you.

Stick around.

Recover.
Old 06-02-2020, 12:34 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
TGO

Originally Posted by Hewson1974 View Post
I think a 3rd here is 30 days in jail, 1 year license suspension....I’ll find out tomorrow. Gonna seek treatment anywhere I can get it. Looking at taking classes to becoming a certified personal trainer as a future new job. Have been big on workouts for years....in good shape (could be great if I didn’t drink)
Work the system. My 3rd was 6 days in jail and 2 years probation with no alcohol monitoring or anything. Saw probation officer for a total of 18 minutes in 2 years.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:50 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Free.

Sorry Hewson auto-correct shafted me (again) on your name spelling earlier.
Old 06-02-2020, 01:52 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

I’m hoping for best....but my mind races to the worst. How am I gonna find money to pay for all of it? How long will I be in jail? Trying to study to become certified personal trainer worth it now or wait until after? Finding the right AA meeting and other treatment?
Old 06-02-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Free.

I think we have all heard this statement several times.....

”Do the next right thing.....”

I don’t have to do thirty things....just the next thing.

If I happen to do 2 or 3 good things.....ok......one is ok as well.
Baby steps.....

Hope you get some good results from your lawyer visit tomorrow.

Be well.

Old 06-02-2020, 03:04 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
TGO

Will know more tomorrow after I meet lawyer. In the meantime I’m going to start going to AA meetings and look into treatment for my anxiety/depression problems.
Is this a public defender? These attorneys are working with the prosecutor and the judge. You are too trust no one on this. Your attorney does not always have your best interest.

This is a very rigged system. Most of these guys make private deals on the side. If a public defender, definately don't trust
Old 06-02-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

No this is a private lawyer....a friend of a friend.....he told me what to do on my last one in our initial meeting, and didn’t charge me. Obviously my 3rd in 6 years will be more difficult.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Administrator

TGO

That's certainly not the case where I live,(non US) and although I've heard it said before, I'll reserve my judgement when it comes to the US.....but hey - you're entitled to that opinion.

D
Old 06-02-2020, 03:14 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

I wish I lived in Ireland lol. No I’m in state of Kentucky in the US
Old 06-02-2020, 03:15 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I realised my mIstake
I must have Bono on the brain

D
Old 06-02-2020, 03:33 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
LOL I realised my mIstake
I must have Bono on the brain

D

Right, Hewson is Bono's real last name.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:37 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Yep ...I’m a huge u2 fan.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:53 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Yep ...I’m a huge u2 fan.
I've been a massive U2 fan since I was 7 years old. First record I ever bought was 'Under a Blood Red Sky'. I had no idea who they were but I just need needed a record to play with the player I got for Christmas. Been to 14 U2 concerts over the years.
Old 06-02-2020, 05:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I’ve been to 11....big admirer of everything they do...
Old 06-02-2020, 08:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Henson, good luck with your meeting tomorrow. Did you try calling work to see if there is a chance you would be able to come back? The personal trainer scenario sounds like a good one as well. It would be great to be able to combine your passion for exercise with work.

Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For is a great song for you right now, you haven’t found it yet, but you will.

You can do this!!
Old 06-02-2020, 08:12 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

I use to get so angry at the dwi laws. I got so paranoid about it later in life that it really damaged my social life. I needed alcohol for social functions so going anywhere was a risk. Unless I was already drinking and wanted drugs, that was different.

It is a bit of a witch hunt sonetimes but what can we do about it? Something I thought of during the pandemic. I thought it was way overblown but being human is sort of like being an ant or a worker bee. Except in extreme cases. For the most part we have to go along with the colony. Like ants we depend on the human race for our own survival. No matter how stupid we think the human race is handling some issue.

Even though I think the dwi laws are too strict the laws made something clear to me. Like some pack animals can reject a sick member, the dwi laws pointed out my sickness from alcoholism. The human race is starting to reject me because of my drinking. Maybe this is nature's way of telling me I need to get this fixed.

My case was a complicated one. I was slightly under the limit. I was high on drugs which they couldnt prove but they did have a felony drug possession charge as well. Thank god I stopped to get high for a little first and waste time or my bac would have been over the limit. As a middle aged, functioning alcoholic I was stressed about the little bit of a career I had put together. The anxiety was tremendous.

I couldn't believe how quickly my anxiety was cut down to size once I dove head first into the big book. First thing my lawyer had me do was document all my meetings in the roughly 4 months it took to go before the judge. Court went about as well as i could have hoped for.

I have almost no control over dwi laws. Well I guess I can vote, but where is the politician brave enough or stupid enough to campaign on relaxing dwi laws? I pretty much have no control over them. So I accepted something I couldn't change. Without the dwi I'd probably be still drinking and drugging and full of fear and anxiety.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:36 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Trying to find where I can get treatment for my anxiety/depression that I think leads to my drinking. Also trying to figure out Zoom AA meetings so I can attend from house.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:45 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Can’t sleep....so worried about my legal and job issues. How did I let it get to this point? I threw everything away.