Notices

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-21-2020, 03:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 2

last part here

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...pt-1-a-20.html (Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 1)

D
Old 02-21-2020, 03:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you ho a pretty stiff sentence LD but if you can turn that into solid permanent recovery it won't be a total loss?

I'm sorry you drank HW. What happened?
we would have gladly talked you out of it

I hope you feel better soon Tink.

Wishing everyone a great sober weekend

D
Old 02-21-2020, 08:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hoping, Right back at it. Keep trying.

Letsdance, I’m sorry for what you’re going through.

Just finished cleaning up after a gathering with 12 middle schoolers. They had a blast and now I’m enjoying the quiet.
Old 02-21-2020, 11:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I started drinking at noon on wed and didn't stop until 2pm yesterday.

So today is day 2 again.

I should have posted here instead.

Oh well. Back on the saddle.
Old 02-22-2020, 12:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back but yeah - the absence of a plan usually means in real terms that we're just between drinks.

My wish is for you - and everyone else here - to leave that hell behind for good FF.

D
Old 02-22-2020, 12:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hello, all. I have been away for a few days due to some craziness in my life, but am grateful to be back. Just a quick check-in: just finished Day 31 here and feeling quite steady on my feet. Still have moments of dreadful anxiety and anger, but am gradually learning to just stare at them without acting on them.

Hope everyone has a wonderful, sober weekend!
Old 02-22-2020, 01:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You too Althea

D
Old 02-22-2020, 01:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Morning everyone hope your ok hoping and freedom believe me i know exactly how hard this is but we are back so let's alltry again together.
Im on day 3 feel bit better today the anxiety feels little bit better than yesterday.
I started reading unexpected joy of being sober again last night had forgot how relatable it was. Going to keep doing that and do some craft things like card making, i still struggle with a long term plan but maybe if i can plan for couple days at a time for now ??
Old 02-22-2020, 02:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Morning all. Day 1 for me again. I should’ve checked in on here straight after I finished work. I got to the train station and it just entered my head and I obsessed about it.

I feel embarrassed and anxious. This is what drinking does though. Absolute insanity
Old 02-22-2020, 03:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, Dee!
Old 02-22-2020, 03:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I found €1.50 in my drawer. Enough to buy one can. AV is going nuts.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
I found €1.50 in my drawer. Enough to buy one can. AV is going nuts.
The problem is one can would wake the beast up, and then you're bang in trouble! Play the tape forward on this one and keep posting here.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

at some point you're going to have to make different choices if you want change and a different outcome FF.

Todays a better day to start that change rather than tomorrow, or next week, next month....or even next year.

D
Old 02-22-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Yes you're right.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Fight those opportunistic cravings

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
'Playing the tape through to the end'....

If I had invented it I would have written a book
I wish I could remember who introduced the concept to me here, but I can't.

I was never very good with consequences - I was always a right now guy and screw it...sort it out tomorrow.

It's probably not the best strategy to take when what you're doing is destroying you.

Playing the tape through to the end - pushing past the rosy glow of 'wouldn't a few drinks be great' and remembering what really happened all those times I thought a 'few drinks' might be good - really has saved me more than a few times...and having my old posts here (along with everyone elses) to read has helped too.
D
Old 02-22-2020, 04:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Coz

Hi all

I haven't posted much on this thread - but I have been reading it daily. Sending many congrats to all those that are gaining sober days and also those in the class that have had a slip, but came back to the class really quickly.

I and just finishing up day 23 here. Yep - over three weeks and mostly feeling better each day. My only real complaints are:
1. Constant battle with AV
2. Waking up with a headache everyday (never happened when I was drinking)
3. My procrastination - I want to do things, but find every excuse to do very little.

Wishing everyone success in making the rest of February (just one week) alcohol-free!
Old 02-22-2020, 04:48 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Althea, I’m so glad to see your post. I’ve been wondering how you were. Congrats on 31 days!

Freedom, Welcome back. One can will never be enough, so go buy a sandwich or an ice cream if you must spend it. Keep at this. I’m only at day 20, but even here, the AV does start to quiet.

Hi Coz, Well done at 23 days!

Saturday morning and I’m really looking forward to the day. My puppy woke me up early, so I can sit in the peace of the morning before the family wakes up.

Enjoy the day
Old 02-22-2020, 05:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by letsdance View Post
Well Yesterday was court. I was so scared. I am a highly anxious person to begin with so I was totally out of my comfort zone. I arrived and just felt so lost. It seemed like no one was helpful. Finally found the court room. Sat in the room for ever and saw everyone else getting sentenced for their crimes. Wow that was so scary. I am so nervous. The judge was very cut and dry as i guess i expected. I dont expect sympathy but they really throw the book at me. I have to serve 48 hours in jail, less the 8 i already spent the night i got arrested, I am on probation for 11 months 29 days. I am losing my license for a year and i may have to get an interlock in my car if i can get a restricted license. This is hurting everyone in my family. My son, my husband etc. I am very depressed right now. I am terrified of jail. Im really at a loss here. I have so much more to write but my mind is shot right now. I don't even have the desire to drink at all. Even seeing alcohol ads right now **** me off.
Hello love.....and all of you. s
Sorry I was in a bad mood yesterday and I wasn't going to be of any use to anyone. s

I know you are upset love, but I kind of see it differently. s

You knew you would lose your license and get probation and probably an interlock. That's the way it is here. And Lyft doesn't cost much more than gas and maintaining a car, and 40 hours in jail is scary for sure.....but what if you had hurt someone? It would be years in jail maybe....

Your husband and your family have YOU....isn't that worth celebrating?

I lost my license for 14 months.

Sending so much love ~ I hope you feel a bit better today. s ❤️❤️
Old 02-22-2020, 05:07 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hello der Althea. s
And Coz s

And good morning dear Jewel ❤️
And Reid and Tink and ff and Hoping and everyone I missed. s xxxxx ❤️
Old 02-22-2020, 07:18 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Wow, so much has happened. I'm so sorry that you relapsed hopingwishing and freedomfries. I'm so glad you both came back here and talked about it. Stay with us, please!
Dee had some great advise for you and for all of us. Building a sobriety plan is essential. I like the way you put it Dee, if we don't have a plan, we're really just between drinks. It's really brought it all home to me this morning reading this, and I will not go to bed tonight until I have the most solid plan I can come up with.
The 'thinking the drink through to the end' is powerful, too.
Letsdance, I am sending you big hugs. I hate jail, too. I was only in jail once for a few hours, and I was completely sober at the time. I had my license revoked due to an unpaid fine and didn't know it. I was about a year sober and was on my way to an AA meeting when this snotty little cop got me. It was a terrifying experience but nothing compared to yours. Can you take a book with you? I'm just thinking of how you can get through the experience without it causing you much if any harm. Are you allowed to bring anything? I would call and ask. Maybe you can have a 40 hour meditation and lots of rest? I also agree with Venus that you can keep in mind how much worse it could have been. If you'd had any sort of accident, or if anyone had been hurt, you would be in much deeper trouble, possibly life ruining type trouble. Sending lots of love and hugs to you. Get through it sober and some day you can look back and.... well, not laugh, ok, but be grateful you don't have to go through this ever again.
I have a busy day planned and I'm thinking of pulling it all back in and doing some adjustments. I am trying to talk myself into going to an AA meeting. I wish that wasn't so scary for me, I use to do it all the time, and now it just seems like an outlandishly scary thing to do! Today is 14 days! I want to keep it, I don't want this to be a pause in my drinking history, but a new way of life. I have to make that happen.
Thanks for the great reading everyone, and for inspiring me to push on.
Freedom, just knowing that in the early hours of a Saturday morning, having 1.50 is cause for a beer, is proof that that beer is your enemy. You can have so much more to your life if you want it enough to work for it. Love and hugs to you, too.
Let's just all get through today sober and tomorrow we will all be stronger and wiser.