Notices

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-22-2020, 07:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Oh my goodness, when I hit send and saw how much I wrote I was amazed. Sorry guys! I got a little carried away.
Old 02-22-2020, 09:00 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

What feels scary about going to a meeting love? s xx
Old 02-22-2020, 03:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Venus,
Partly it's that I've been relapsing so much for the past few years. 1. they may not take me seriously, 2. What if I relapse again, it seems even worse if I've committed to AA and 3. I have social anxiety now and I didn't years ago when I was going regularly. I feel awkward. Of course, all of that is ego. I need to just do it anyway and say a little prayer before I go in.
It's been quiet here today. I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying their Saturday.
I went and got my hair cut and it's way too short. Bummer. But, it feels good and will grow back.
Old 02-22-2020, 03:48 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your milestone Coz and congrats to everyone else as well, no matter what day you're on

D
Old 02-22-2020, 04:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I love short hair Karen. Had it that way for years.

The fear stuff around meetings....it's in our heads.....we all want peeps to come back if they have been drinking....kind of the magic of the place....you get embraced with open arms. s ❤️
Old 02-22-2020, 07:08 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hi Freedom, I see you down there. How are you doing?

Karen, I love your long post! Get carried away any time. It's nice to have an outlet here. Plus, it sure is getting quiet around here. I hope folks will keep posting. I'll encourage you to try another meeting. What have you got to lose? We want sobriety more than drinking now, so let's do things differently than we were. I wish you much success...you are doing great!

I hope the rest of the February class is doing alright. Night!

PS I got up to 7.5 miles on my run today. That's the longest I've gone in years. It's only because of sobriety that I'm able to do it. I'm feeling a bit more confident about the half marathon I'm running late April.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:14 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I'm doung fine. Over the hangove anxiety. Heading to the gym at 7am.

That's great about your run. I want the get back into running but I need new shoes to avoid getting shin splints again!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:42 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm glad you're feeling better Freedom!
Thanks Jewel and Venus. I am going to go tomorrow for certain. I've made it part of my sobriety plan that I'm working on. Your encouragement means a lot, thank you!
Jewel, it's great that you're running and building up your miles. I know it must feel great and do wonders for your body and your mind.
I'm feeling better today than I have so far.
I hope to hear from everyone soon. SR is also a big part of my sobriety plan, and it means so much to hear from the people in our class, no matter if they are doing great or if they are struggling.
I'm going to bed. See you all in the morning!
Old 02-22-2020, 07:44 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Night
Old 02-23-2020, 02:39 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Morning all, day 2 begins today. My head is feeling muffled with anxiety and fear. Going to log on and do some work admin to try and get ahead of the game. Then I’m going to start the Veronica Valli book I have. Her writing speaks to me, I can relate with her explanations.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Karen I’m a fan of the long post too!

I’m not feeling that chatty at the moment because I feel upset with myself but I love reading other people’s experiences
Old 02-23-2020, 03:00 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi everyone day 4 for me, i was ill with anxiety yesterday went to my grandmas and just cried. But i feel a little better now i guess ive just got to keep believing it will get better, my life just feels so stale?! Its the loneliness that is the hardest ive got my little one who i love whole heartedly, its just not same as relationships with a partner but im accepting that right now I've got to just live with it, and forget about it for the next year at least i think i need to focus on recovery, no worrying about going out or having a partner i guess I'm accepting for the next 12 months i will be a recluse out of choice but look after myself, be a mum and learn to love me again.
Old 02-23-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

Relationships will come Tink ...but you have the most important relationship to work on first - yourself.

I was damaged and I attracted a long line of damaged people.

Get to know who sober Tink is - then you can learn to love her...and then you'll be in a far better, healthier place to have that love returned by someone else.

D
Old 02-23-2020, 03:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Relationships will come Tink ...but you have the most important relationship to work on first - yourself.

Get to know who sober Tink is - then you can learn to love her...and then you'll be in a far better, healthier place to have that love returned by someone else.

D
Thanks Dee yes i know its what i need to do
Old 02-23-2020, 04:35 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Karen I’m a fan of the long post too!

I’m not feeling that chatty at the moment because I feel upset with myself but I love reading other people’s experiences
Sending you so much love. s ❤️

That book looks really interesting. And so does the author.
Are you in her free online group?
Old 02-23-2020, 04:36 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

D
Beautiful post. ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 05:16 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Tink, What Dee said is so true. Your commitment to one year of working on yourself is a great idea. Love will come in its perfect time. . I’ve made a year commitment too; to work on me no matter what is going on around me. We can’t love the people around us wholly and right until we love and respect ourselves. I bet your little one adores you. Enjoy that love now. :

Freedom, hope you had a nice workout. Start saving for those shoes

Hi hoping, Great on getting back to day 2. Take care of yourself and let the body heal.

Karen, I’m so glad you’re feeling good. I look forward to hearing about your meeting. I’m excited to go to my Monday night group. It has been a huge help.

3 weeks today! Very grateful. Enjoy the day, all.
Old 02-23-2020, 05:18 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Good morning dear Jewel.

I forgot to say that 7.5miles is phenomenal, and so is the fact that you are doing the half-marathon. s ❤️

Goodnight Dee ~ sweet dreams. ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 05:45 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Good morning dear Jewel.

I forgot to say that 7.5miles is phenomenal, and so is the fact that you are doing the half-marathon. s ❤️

Goodnight Dee ~ sweet dreams. ❤️
Thanks, Venus! Running is the one thing I do for myself to keep me sane and healthy. Everything else I do is for others. I love serving my family, but I lose myself along the way. I figured signing up for a bigger race would be just the motivation I need to work on me and what I enjoy.

Happy Sunday! I hope you’re enjoying more mild temps.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

It's going to be a nice mild sunny afternoon....up to about 50.
Really looking forward to getting out into the garden.

Which is my thing for me. s xx