Notices

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-23-2020, 02:49 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I am good love....
I know face to face is better, but we can still talk and stuff.....
Friends are precious.

I understand the anxiety....maybe we can help you work through it and you can get to the next meeting. xx ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 03:00 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ThisIsIt123

D
Old 02-23-2020, 03:13 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Thanks Venus. I hope so too.
I get what you mean, too, Tink. It's great to have friends on SR, though.
The more we share with one another, the more we know each other, and the better friends we can be. Maybe that's why I post so much and also read so much here.
Old 02-23-2020, 04:53 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hopingwishing View Post
Daily commitment, reaching out here. I think that needs to be my mantra for the next few weeks Dee.

That sounds like a great plan, for me too!!

Last night I called to tell my parents that "it happened again".
I was crying and saying "I just don't know what to do. Why do I keep doing this to myself". My Mom told me to get online and come here and ask for help.
I've been telling her about Sober Recovery for years, you guys really are the best!!!

Thank you!
Old 02-23-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 2. I'm all anxious about work tomorrow. I'm scared that people will know I've relapsed . Don't ask me how, but that's where my mind goes. Going to stick on here for a fair bit tonight, until I nod off to sleep.
Yes, I feel like this too!
But then I tell myself "Baby steps forward".
As long as I stay sober today, I won't ever have to worry about anyone wondering if I've been drinking or not ever again.
Boy, that thought feels liberating!
Old 02-23-2020, 05:27 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

People all have their own stuff.....and they don't necessarily notice or judge if we are not our best selves for a bit HW....just saying. I always worried about all of that stuff too, and then I would get to work and everyone was just doing their thing. s xx
Old 02-23-2020, 06:07 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

You sound great Mnjen. It's great you can talk to your parents. I hope you're feeling better.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:12 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Welcome, mnjen and thisisit. So glad you're here.

mnjen, I was terrified too. I was really at the point where I wasn't sure I could get back to day one. You can do this. We just have to keep reaching out and make that firm commitment to never drink.

A nice Sunday here with the family. Hubby and I took our puppy for a walk this afternoon. She is so stinkin' cute I can hardly stand it! I am very glad we got this dog. She is my little buddy. The weather was mild at around 50 degrees. Supposed to get some snow this week, but it was a nice taste of spring.

Well, that wraps up another sober day. I'll take it. No regrets here. I was a bit disappointed to find I was out of Jelly Bellys when I went to my room for my nightly treat. Really wanted to run out to the store (lol), but I settled on raisins. One addiction for another, right? I'll take the sweet stuff over the alcohol any day.
Love to all and a goodnight.
Old 02-23-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Get my welfare today. Always a tempting day but I'm not gonna drink. Day 3.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:25 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Morning everyone day 5 for me feeling bit brighter today as though im coming to accept this is my life now and not the life i wanted but maybe i can learn to be happy with it. I had all the worries again as id quit my job last month but now just trying to accept things happen for a reason. Snow outside this morning always love being cosy indoors looking at snow.
Old 02-24-2020, 02:59 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Checking in from the office. Day 3 for me. Even though I know no one cares I still am being paranoid: someone looks at me weird-it must be cos they must know I’m a raving alcoholic! Just needed to check in and offload!
Old 02-24-2020, 03:43 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Monday! But, at least we aren't hungover. That's one of the best things about not drinking. I think I'm losing weight, too! That's a huge plus!
What kind of puppy do you have, Jewel? It's wonderful to hear (read) you're doing so much better and feeling good. My sweet treat is chocolate ice cream. I don't eat a lot of it, but a little is so good.
Freedom, hugs to you. Sorry you're feeling tempted but I'm glad you have some money! Please don't spend it on booze. Get yourself a reward for being sober, like a book about recovery or sweets or something like that.
We're all there with you, Hoping. Even if they knew and noticed, you are sober now. Day three is wonderful. I love the quote, though I don't know who wrote it, "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind".
I'd best get busy getting ready for work. I'm feeling awful about my hair after getting a really bad haircut this weekend. But, it is what it is. I'll just do what I can with it and carry on.
Have a great sober day everyone!
Old 02-24-2020, 04:29 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Today i begin day 2 of no drinking. Slept horribly and quite anxious. I am a substitute teacher so its stressful enough without being hungover anxious. I have been in this situation 100 times but this needs to be the time I truly am done and heal my soul
Old 02-24-2020, 05:01 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Had a little lapse. Thankfully not a full blown relapse. Just two cans of beer
Not gonna beat myself up
Old 02-24-2020, 06:32 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Was something going on that stressed you out dear ff? s xx
Old 02-24-2020, 06:34 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThisIsIt123 View Post
Today i begin day 2 of no drinking. Slept horribly and quite anxious. I am a substitute teacher so its stressful enough without being hungover anxious. I have been in this situation 100 times but this needs to be the time I truly am done and heal my soul
I trained to be a teacher, and I can only imagine the horror of facing the little monsters with a hangover.

Kidding, sort of....teaching is just so noisy....very rewarding though.

Hope today passes quickly and you are able to sleep better tonight love. s xx
Old 02-24-2020, 06:36 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tinkerbeau View Post
Morning everyone day 5 for me feeling bit brighter today as though im coming to accept this is my life now and not the life i wanted but maybe i can learn to be happy with it. I had all the worries again as id quit my job last month but now just trying to accept things happen for a reason. Snow outside this morning always love being cosy indoors looking at snow.
I truly believe following this path will lead you to the life of your dreams Tink. s xxx ❤️
Old 02-24-2020, 06:38 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Checking in from the office. Day 3 for me. Even though I know no one cares I still am being paranoid: someone looks at me weird-it must be cos they must know I’m a raving alcoholic! Just needed to check in and offload!
Oh I would be paranoid as well......but really, it's going to be ok.
Your coworkers are probably wondering....why is HW looking at me like that....do I have food on my face? s xxx ❤️
Old 02-24-2020, 06:40 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I love love love that quote dear Karen.

Old 02-24-2020, 07:46 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
I truly believe following this path will lead you to the life of your dreams Tink. s xxx ❤️
Thanks Venus xx