Notices

Class of February 2020 Support Thread Pt 2

Old 02-23-2020, 07:36 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Hi Tink, What Dee said is so true. Your commitment to one year of working on yourself is a great idea. Love will come in its perfect time. . I’ve made a year commitment too; to work on me no matter what is going on around me. We can’t love the people around us wholly and right until we love and respect ourselves. I bet your little one adores you. Enjoy that love now. :

Freedom, hope you had a nice workout. Start saving for those shoes

Hi hoping, Great on getting back to day 2. Take care of yourself and let the body heal.

Karen, I’m so glad you’re feeling good. I look forward to hearing about your meeting. I’m excited to go to my Monday night group. It has been a huge help.

3 weeks today! Very grateful. Enjoy the day, all.
Thanks jewel im pleased there are other ppl who understand and are going through same thing as in wanting/needing to just focus on themselves.
I felt like it might sound abit 'mad' wanting to just hide away, as ppl seem to always say, you need to get out there and meet ppl, etc. But now I've decided there is no social life no meeting ppl i feel a bit at peace.
Old 02-23-2020, 07:42 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Hello friends ☀️ I haven’t posted for a couple of days and I have missed you guys. So much to catch up on.

My son came over for dinner with my youngest daughter and me last night, then we watched a movie. A wonderful, sober night with my kids and in bed early to meditate and sleep. I am so grateful.

I’m going to make coffee and then come back and properly catch up on our class.

Old 02-23-2020, 08:05 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Day two for me -again.

I'm scared. I feel terrified that I won't be able to achieve long term sobriety. Last week, I started drinking Tuesday night and continued right on through to Friday night. Went to work buzzed in the morning, kept alcohol at my desk to sip through the day. Did this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Only stayed in the office for a couple of hours on Friday though, too buzzed to pretend to focus for the day.
Wth??? The worst part of it all, is this is scaring my kids too. It kills me that I'm worthless to them this weekend because I'm too wrapped up trying to feel better after my stupid bender.
I want to ask for help, but I don't know how.
I've been here at SR for a long time, and I find the support incredible.
I think that I need to be more interactive though, so here I am.

Thanks for listening.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

(((mnjen))) ❤️

Asking for help can be hard love, for sure. s
But you kind of just did....and we are absolutely all here for you, in your corner all the way. s

I understand how frightening this is....and how horrifying it feels when alcohol takes over and runs our lives. I have been there.

Detoxing this weekend is the very best thing you can do, even if it makes you feel not the best mum in the world. But you will be....you are doing this for your kids and yourself.

Sticking close to SR is a really good idea....I know that SR and all of the amazing people here saved my life. s xx ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 08:24 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

(((((venuscat)))))

Thank you so much <3
Old 02-23-2020, 08:29 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Mnjen, be kind to yourself and give yourself some time to heal. Do you need to go to a detox or treatment?
I'm glad you're here, it's great that you reached out to SR. It's a wonderful place for support. I'll be thinking of you and hoping it's going easy.
Old 02-23-2020, 08:58 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good morning lovely Karen. ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 12:16 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Sending you so much love. s ❤️

That book looks really interesting. And so does the author.
Are you in her free online group?
I wasn't aware she had an online group but I am now! Thanks for the tip venus! <3
Old 02-23-2020, 12:19 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Pleasure.....I thought you might like that. s xx
Old 02-23-2020, 12:20 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Sending love.....hope everyone is having a good Sunday. s ❤️
Old 02-23-2020, 12:21 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewel72 View Post
Hi Tink, What Dee said is so true. Your commitment to one year of working on yourself is a great idea. Love will come in its perfect time. . I’ve made a year commitment too; to work on me no matter what is going on around me. We can’t love the people around us wholly and right until we love and respect ourselves. I bet your little one adores you. Enjoy that love now. :

Freedom, hope you had a nice workout. Start saving for those shoes

Hi hoping, Great on getting back to day 2. Take care of yourself and let the body heal.

Karen, I’m so glad you’re feeling good. I look forward to hearing about your meeting. I’m excited to go to my Monday night group. It has been a huge help.

3 weeks today! Very grateful. Enjoy the day, all.

Thanks Jewel. You sound so positive and compassionate. I want a little bit of that myself :-) Guess I'll have to get to 3 weeks to find out. Great work
Old 02-23-2020, 12:24 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mnjen View Post
I'm scared. I feel terrified that I won't be able to achieve long term sobriety. Last week, I started drinking Tuesday night and continued right on through to Friday night. Went to work buzzed in the morning, kept alcohol at my desk to sip through the day. Did this Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Only stayed in the office for a couple of hours on Friday though, too buzzed to pretend to focus for the day.
Wth??? The worst part of it all, is this is scaring my kids too. It kills me that I'm worthless to them this weekend because I'm too wrapped up trying to feel better after my stupid bender.

Thanks for listening.
That sounds scary, I can see how you feel anxious. But by posting on here you're showing that you want it to end. You're not hiding away thinking that it's ok.

I'd love to see you stick around this group
Old 02-23-2020, 12:26 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BlueWellies View Post
Hello friends ☀️ I haven’t posted for a couple of days and I have missed you guys. So much to catch up on.

My son came over for dinner with my youngest daughter and me last night, then we watched a movie. A wonderful, sober night with my kids and in bed early to meditate and sleep. I am so grateful.

I’m going to make coffee and then come back and properly catch up on our class.

This sounds like my perfect sober night. Thanks for being an inspiration to a Day 2 gal
Old 02-23-2020, 12:41 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mnjen View Post

Thanks for listening.
Hi, MNJen. I am so sorry to hear that you are terrified; though I don't know your specific situation, I must confess to having experienced the same fear as well as the guilt and shame over not being fully there for the kids. I am not sure that this will be of any comfort, but I am cheering you (all of us, in fact) on toward sobriety and keeping you and your family in my prayers.
Old 02-23-2020, 01:15 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was terrified I couldn't stay sober too mnjen but I committed to the next 24 hours sober day after day.

I figured even I could stay sober a day

Some days were relatively easy, some were not, but I kept my daily commitment , reaching out here for support when I needed it.

One day I looked back and I had several months sober and my life was already changing way for the better

You can do this mnjen
Old 02-23-2020, 01:32 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

Daily commitment, reaching out here. I think that needs to be my mantra for the next few weeks Dee.

Wrapping up day 2. I'm all anxious about work tomorrow. I'm scared that people will know I've relapsed . Don't ask me how, but that's where my mind goes. Going to stick on here for a fair bit tonight, until I nod off to sleep.
Old 02-23-2020, 02:08 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Day 1 - again

Hello everyone. I am currently hung over after drinking an entire day after being sober for 2 weeks. This time i really upset my wife by being selfish and passing out. I was born in February so seems like a good time to quit once amd for all
Old 02-23-2020, 02:10 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

February baby here too (10th) and Feb 13 class thread....it called me as well.
So glad you joined us.....welcome. s
Sending huge hugs and love and a few thread suggestions. s xx ❤️

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-475-a.html (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 475)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...-cravings.html (CarolD's tips for cravings)
Old 02-23-2020, 02:12 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Hugs to you on day 2 Hopingwishing. How are you feeling? I worried about work people knowing, too. I now am pretty sure they don't notice very much. I hope that's the case with your people, too. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
And with everyone. Althea, it's good to hear from you. I think you're ahead of most of us. Are you feeling better?
My kids are grown now, but I still feel bad now about not being there for them, and my grand kids and my dog. Alcohol sucks the life out of us but we still have to walk around trying. It's a nightmare. I'm so glad to be sober, and so glad for all of us breaking free.
I may really be too anxious to go to the meeting tonight. I hate to be like that, but there it is. I'm thinking about it.
I am committed to staying sober today, though. And to coming here to SR.
How are you Mnjen? And how is everyone else doing?
Tink, you're smart to put of getting into a relationship. I remember how empty my life felt when I first got divorced. I don't feel like that now, I am happy to be single, but I would really like friends. I would love to be able to call someone to go to this meeting with me! Or just hang out, talk about life, that sort of thing. I love my family but, friends are different.
Your family night with your kids sounds awesome Bluewellies.
How are you Venus?
Enjoy your Sunday evening everyone!
Old 02-23-2020, 02:43 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi sober yeah it's the not having friends that is hard too exactly like you say friends are different to family. But i think well i hope being alone without extra pressures will help me recover, no worries about social occasions, etc

Last edited by Tinkerbeau; 02-23-2020 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Add info