Notices

Lurker from Wales - back again!

Old 12-30-2019, 04:17 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
You come across as a really sweet person 😊 I don’t know if anyone here recognises this, but when I’m belligerent-drunk, the idea of goodness and kindness make me sick!! Angry, bitter and twisted is what I become. I even felt at times I was a psychopath - but then I learned they feel no empathy or emotion, and boy oh boy do I feel emotion and regret and deep shame! The point I’m trying to make is, your delivery is coming across as very caring and kind, and that is very moving. Thank you.
It must be the kitten avatar that gave you that impression. I had my share of belligerent and nasty moments.

​​​​​​​I think a lot of us here got in trouble with alcohol because we feel very deep emotions, and sometimes that's way too painful. We all have shame-filled stories, we all heard a sneaky call from the AV.

Happy birthday and happy new year! The best gift you can give your mother and yourself is to keep growing stronger in your sobriety. You'll be so happy and relieved!
Old 12-30-2019, 07:34 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Happy birthday for tomorrow Super Mario! It’s funny how you can be sailing along just fine and then you suddenly decide it’s a good idea to have a drink. I did that after 58 days sober, didn’t even like the smell or the taste of the wine I bought and was right back where I started from there on out (until now).

I hope that your visit with the Dr is beneficial for you and that you are able to map out a plan of action to support your desire to remain sober.
Old 12-30-2019, 07:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post

hi Dee, and thank you!

Ive done nothing but think about these things. As alcoholics, I’m sure we all know the old trope of knowing what we MUST do but having no idea HOW to implement it. So that’s been my focus. Strangely enough, I could fixate on my future event, real, improbable or imaginary, and think to myself “but if I don’t drink, I can’t do x, y or z!” I’d then convince myself I was only going to do it for those reasons, which I now realise was just my way of justifying to myself why I wouldn’t or couldn’t give up. So, apart from going to the doctor and posting here, I’m going to work on changing my mindset and how I think about things. That seems as prudent as anything else I can do
Sounds like a good start SM
this is a great link on making recovery action plans - hope you might find it useful

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...very-plan.html (What exactly is a recovery plan?)

D
Old 12-31-2019, 02:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Those distinctions in geography and English are impressive! Seems you could have a bright future ahead of you.

You don't seem like a bad person. You just have an addiction, like the rest of us.

Happy New Year and Happy Birthday.
Old 12-31-2019, 02:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

This thread is a good start, SM.
Keep it up.
Old 12-31-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

How is today going for you, SuperMario?