Notices

Relapsed badly

Old 07-29-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

The important thing here is you are trying. You will succeed at staying sober. You have a disease. Most of us did not get sober on the first try. I am just so glad you are here and posting.
Old 07-29-2019, 06:51 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strugglingto View Post
Still feel zapped. Have had no sleep and I have a splitting headache. Seems no amount of water I drink takes away that parched feeling but it seems the worst has passed. I know I am not out of the woods yet but feeling almost human.
You're thirsty, that's a good sign. I knew I was going to start feeling a whole lot better once I drank tons of water because I was so thirsty. Body is healing.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

It's a new day. Feeling any better? Any sleep yet?
Old 07-30-2019, 05:27 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Maybe today you can put the shoes on..get to the store and get some Gatorade, Watermelon and Ramen Noodles...to get you thru the next couple of days.

I wasn't having an appetite at all till around Day 7...and it seems you are going thru the hellish detox I went thru...with throwing up...and nausea and not being able to leave the house....I didn't want to ask anyone either for anything and I pushed thru it....

Pedilyte would be a huge help...it helped me immensely it is given to children for diarrhea but it replaces electrolytes a step up from Gatorade.

Vitamins as well..if you have them in the house take them! Sleep if you can now....and don't give up you are so close to feeling "human" again.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soupcon View Post
It's a new day. Feeling any better? Any sleep yet?
Still have liver pain, intermittent headache, a little nausea got about four hours sleep. I need to document the horrors of withdrawal and pin them to my door or something.

I don't know how much truth there is in the story that a woman's brain is hardwired to forget the pain of childbirth to have more children. But it seems like alcohol has rewired my brain to forget just how horrific withdrawals are. If a person got that sick without drinking it would be a medical emergency.
Old 07-30-2019, 08:55 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Maybe today you can put the shoes on..get to the store and get some Gatorade, Watermelon and Ramen Noodles...to get you thru the next couple of days.

I wasn't having an appetite at all till around Day 7...and it seems you are going thru the hellish detox I went thru...with throwing up...and nausea and not being able to leave the house....I didn't want to ask anyone either for anything and I pushed thru it....

Pedilyte would be a huge help...it helped me immensely it is given to children for diarrhea but it replaces electrolytes a step up from Gatorade.

Vitamins as well..if you have them in the house take them! Sleep if you can now....and don't give up you are so close to feeling "human" again.
Yes, I actually envy those on here who are feeling better around the 3-4 day mark.

​​​​​I didn't want to ask because then it begs an explanation. I did exactly what you advised today. Also found a natural product called Enterosgel, Google "enterogel alcohol" it has a property that removes the acetaldehyde - the toxic byproduct that stays in our systems long after the alcohol itself is gone.

I don't know how available it is but worth noting for those wanting to speed up recovery a little

Last edited by Strugglingto; 07-30-2019 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Addition
Old 07-30-2019, 09:10 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Sorry, the above should have said Enterosgel.
Old 07-30-2019, 09:16 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Just sip and nibble on Watermelon..

Try to sleep even thou I had lots of fitful naps but as time went by I did start to feel better after replenishing the fluids..

I think Day 5 I took a shower...and thru the whole shower I was out of breath and exhausted..that is when I remembered in the rehabs...they give vitamins to build your bodies back up...So I started taking vitamins...

I'm on like Day 36 now and I thank God every morning I get up I got thru that horrible detox.

You are essentially at deaths door...I know exactly how you feel.

You are getting thru it....you got this....

I never craved a drink during my detox I was so frightened that I wasn't ever going to feel good again....it took a good 10 days before I would be seen dressed and in public...but even after that day....couldn't wait to get home and REST some more and drink some more fluids.

We are lucky to have survived.
Old 07-30-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Strugglingto View Post
Still have liver pain, intermittent headache, a little nausea got about four hours sleep. I need to document the horrors of withdrawal and pin them to my door or something.

I don't know how much truth there is in the story that a woman's brain is hardwired to forget the pain of childbirth to have more children. But it seems like alcohol has rewired my brain to forget just how horrific withdrawals are. If a person got that sick without drinking it would be a medical emergency.
The liver pain you have is concerning. Is it constant or sporadic? The liver is a vital organ as you know. If it continues maybe see a doc? I wouldn't mess around with that body part.