Notices

Is total abstinence the real solution

Old 03-14-2019, 02:41 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Evoo View Post
It doesn't seem too odd to me.

I kind of did something similar, started posting here for help with "moderation management" 10 years ago, and when I was rightfully shut down -- I got defensive. Even angry.

"Those people are alcoholics. Part of the cult of abstaining." I even used an episode of South Park that lampoons the AA crowd to justify my indignation.

Like I said above, I did "figure out" moderation (for the most part). But it's a difficult and dangerous path for an alcoholic.

Sobriety delivers what alcohol promises. <-- not sure where I saw that, but I love it.
Good point!

Well let me restate it slightly different and say I find it odd unless one is here to be talked out of abstinence, which is near impossible in a place called Sober Recovery

I think questions about moderation are fair enough but I didn't take the OPs thread so much as a question as an assertion. That is all fine in the end but I still don't see what the point is of posting it up here unless perhaps there's some hidden desire to be talked out of moderating.
Old 03-14-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi HC

I see a lot of love here for you.

You are cared for very much, and we will have open arms if you decide to become an active member again, well heck, even if you just decide to lurk and read all of the love that is here for you.

Prayers for your peace—-and your health😍