Notices

Mother is on her deathbed.

Old 11-21-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
My father is refusing to tell me what hospital my mom is in. My mother is an alcoholic, dad is maybe too. My brother has serious mental health issues and I can't speak to him in a logical way. The alcohol is what really killing my mom. Never seen her without a drink in her hand since I was about 11 years old. I am 42. 30 years of daily vodka drinking. No wonder I became an alcoholic too. Nature and nuture. **** them.
The best possible thing you could do to honor her would be to put down the drink yourself WL. That's one thing you can control today. And it will allow you to find other ways to make peace with your mother.
Old 11-21-2018, 02:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
My father is refusing to tell me what hospital my mom is in. My mother is an alcoholic, dad is maybe too. My brother has serious mental health issues and I can't speak to him in a logical way. The alcohol is what really killing my mom. Never seen her without a drink in her hand since I was about 11 years old. I am 42. 30 years of daily vodka drinking. No wonder I became an alcoholic too. Nature and nuture. **** them.
Sorry about your mother.
You will get a serious 'leg up' on YOUR OWN drinking and life situation when you start not drinking at people/places/things. Blaming others for MY own drinking got me no where but drunk,so I now choose to not do that anymore.

Edit: You can find where she's at if you want to look.