Notices

Weekender 26 -30 April 2018

Old 04-29-2018, 01:38 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
Mr

Morning all.
It's Sunday already where the weekend go...
On Wednesday Mrs V and I are off to Venice for a few days to celebrate 20 years together.
I wonder if we take a ride on the gondolas

Have a great Sunday weekenders.
V.
Old 04-29-2018, 01:53 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Morning, Vinny.

Yes, time flies.

My 9 days of vacations are almost over)

Have great time at Venice! (bring some pictures, please)
Old 04-29-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Morning MB!

VMan that's really cool about Venice, it 8s amazing. I am certain you are already well aware of this but do be prepared for some Pelicans (big bills) and crowds.
Old 04-29-2018, 02:39 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Vman! That sounds wonderful! I hope you guys have a fantastic time!

Apparently I had a wrong impression of our cousin’s employment.

He isn’t involved in pot gummies; some years ago he worked at a gummy factory in the Midwest. It had nothing to do with marijuana.

He is now a salesman for (what he claims is) very high-quality, THC-free medical marijuana.

I was under the impression that went around hawking oil to headshops.

Apparently not. His company (in his words) offers a purer product, and is looking at a higher-end market. He claims to have made several sales already.

He is not the “poor, downtrodden waif” that I’d pictured in my mind!

In fact, when he first walked up and had a reacquainting cigar with us, I was appalled at how brash, loudmouthed, arrogant, and obnoxious he’d become!

He even bragged about being a **** to his nextdoor neighbors!

But things got better when our ten family members went out for dinner. Everyone just had real, fun conversation. When he first showed up, I think he was selling to us (especially my husband) the “product” of a new, modern, savvy, successful J.

Thus the mile-a-minute monologue.

We all relaxed more during and after dinner.

He went to visit some old family friends around 9. He told my husband he’d be back in about an hour. I don’t know if he kept his word—I went to sleep.

Many the night J would come home bombed at 2 am and talk my husband’s ear off! I’ve yet to hear if he did it last night.

He is now working to get a store set up at a town a couple hours away, so we might be seeing more of him in the next few months.

Oh, incidentally, everywhere he goes he stops and picks up a couple sixes! He bought several last evening before he went out to see our friends, so maybe he came back to the house to do his drinking.
Old 04-29-2018, 03:03 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

One other note.

On his way out to our friends’ last night, he stopped and chatted with me. He told me that he had screwed things up so badly when he was in New York that he ran to Minnesota for five years to get his head together.

He said that since he’s moved to FL he’s done some serious self-assessment and is hoping that this new career path is the way to stability for him.

He seemed almost desperate for me (or somebody) to give him our blessing.

I told him that from what he said, the new venture sounded like it might really take off, and that I hoped he’d do well.

He mentioned twice that “After my last DUI, I knew I had to either give up drinking or give up driving, so I gave up driving.”

Also, another fact correction: he moved to Florida mainly to get his RA mom settled into an assisted living community. He only stayed at her place a couple months, then got his own apartment.

He claims to have “really cut back” in his drinking, but often in stories he’d say, “Yeah, that was a really bad time for my drinking.”

Obviously deep down he knows, but he’s still in denial, assuring himself that he can moderate.

We’ll see what the next few months brings.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:46 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Oh boy Gilmer.

I think you and Mr. Gilmer need to have a talk about what happens when Cousin asks to live with you while he's working on this "store" he's alledgedy opening nearby. All this sounds really sketch to me.

Aly, I don't have any sisters and my mom died years ago. You're a good sister and daughter, I hope you know that. That was really a turning point in my life - when I realized and internalized that it wasn't about my mother being a better mother, it was about me being a better daughter.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.

Blessings to all on this wonderful sober Sunday. My favorite day.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:51 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alysheba View Post
Thank you. I am left with an uneasy feeling. Let it go.....
I think you should listen to that feeling honey.....maybe reach out to your sister again today.....maybe she needs you (not the one you are icy with).

Sending you more love. ♥♥♥
Old 04-29-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Morning all.
On Wednesday Mrs V and I are off to Venice for a few days to celebrate 20 years together.

V.
WOW.....awesome love and Congratulations to my favourite almost Frenchman. ♥♥♥
Old 04-29-2018, 05:56 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

I'm afraid I'm with bim Gilmer love.....pretty much word for word.
If I was you, I would let go here....anyone who talks that flippantly about having given up driving so they could drink? Run love, run.
Old 04-29-2018, 05:59 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Don’t worry, Bim—he won’t be moving in here!

We’ve been there and done that. Got two T-shirts!
Old 04-29-2018, 06:07 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Morning all.

V.
Happy anniversary, Vinny! Wow, Venice is overwhelmingly beautiful. I'm sure you two are gonna have a great time there. Ditto what Midnight said; please bring pictures!!

Gilmer, I'm amazed by how well you handled that cousin drama situation... I'd be so annoyed... This guy is a real piece of work!
Old 04-29-2018, 06:22 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  

He just got up at 9 on his own, made his bed, and is now ironing a dress shirt to go with us to CHURCH!?!?!!

I’m hoping he just wants to show us that he’s now a grown-up in a grown-up world.

He’s not pretending that suddenly he’s “got religion”—he’s just coming to church to see a couple people he used to know, plus be courteous to us, though we certainly wouldn’t demand that any guest come along.

We are treating him to lunch afterward, though!
Old 04-29-2018, 06:24 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  

This morning I was awoken by a weird, mysterious noise, it was like somebody was trying to climb on top of TV... Hmm...

Hope you all have a nice Sunday! Gtg now, it's gonna be a busy day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
cat.jpg (33.8 KB, 26 views)
Old 04-29-2018, 06:25 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
I hope it won't snow at your part of the world, Gilmer. Drastic changes, you know...
Old 04-29-2018, 06:29 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

LOL, MB!

Snufkin, is that a Sphinx cat?

He looks pretty majestic on top of the TV!
Old 04-29-2018, 06:38 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Gilmer, yup, it's a Sphynx. Yeahh, he's my wee majestic alien... He almost knocked the TV down.
Old 04-29-2018, 06:44 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Suze, I can be overly sentimental, but I am very aware of that potential weakness.

Therefore, I defer in all material situations like this to my husband, who is extremely shrewd.
Old 04-29-2018, 07:04 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Yes....you are your husband are an awesome team love.....and my oh my look at that cat...just wow....
Old 04-29-2018, 07:44 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Poor, shrewed man.

Old 04-29-2018, 07:49 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Do you have photos of your cat? I was going to make a painting of sphinx cats from a friend's photos but my computer crashed and I lost them. I am still dreaming of painting them.

I actually slept a bit last night and no nightmares! Yay! Still exhausted though. I am sure that exercise would help but I am barely past detox and it is hard to find the energy. Walking a lot or running are not really an option as I have hip replacements one of which went wrong. But I could go swimming and do some select lifting at the town fitness center. Maybe during the week...!