Notices

Weekender 26 -30 April 2018

Old 04-27-2018, 09:12 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Huge congrats Suze! You've not only kept yourself sober I think you've helped a lot of people stay on course. You're a beautiful person.

Sao, I hope the weekend comes really quickly for you. Work stuff is the pits.

(((petals)))

Love, Aly xxoo
Old 04-27-2018, 09:28 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Suze - Congrats on your milestone, dear!!!!

Sao - Is that the colleague you were telling about the false Moon)))

Well, my boxing trainer is quitting due to personal reasons. Sigh. Now we'll be having a girl. She is still competing. Well, we'll see how we'll get along.

I am in some kind of blue mood today. Maybe just tired.

See you)
Old 04-27-2018, 09:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Apparently my husband’s cousin called the VA state powers that be.

He’s been on the lam so long that the statute of limitations has run out for his charges here!

So he was eligible to get a Florida driver’s license a couple years ago.

Now I get it!

Last year he took a trip back to Vegas for his birthday. I talked to him on the phone when he was planning it, and he told me about his #1 super, once-in-a-lifetime plan to celebrate: for $399, he could drive a Lamborghini around a big track as fast as he dared for 5 laps!

I’m looking forward to asking how that went!

He’s working now for a legal pot distribution company. He’s a salesman, and I’m sure he’s finally extremely successful at his job! Mainly he sells THC-free medicinals, but he sells some other products, too (my husband sternly warned the girls not to let their kids eat any gummies if he offers them).

I have to admit that the idea of popping some gummies sounds shockingly tempting!

Obviously I would never do it—my body has been THC-free since 1987–but, even so, I don’t plan to be alone in a room with him at any time!

That being said, he knows our values, and he genuinely loves and respects us, so I highly doubt that he would ever try to push anything on us, overtly or covertly. I’d be shocked if he offered anyone any gummies or anything else.

My husband and younger daughter are super-apprehensive about his visit; but I told them that as professing Christians it is our “job” and should be our delight to roll out the red carpet for our “prodigal son” and welcome him back to the fold!

My sons, who live downstate, are making an eight-hour round trip to visit and celebrate!

Unfortunately, I haven’t done a lick of cleaning yet. Well actually, I’ve stripped the beds and washed the sheets—but I haven’t put them back on yet.
Old 04-27-2018, 09:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

MB, I am grieved to hear about the departure of your boxing trainer!

Hopefully your new trainer will be just as effective and pleasant to work with, even if it’s in a different way.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:13 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

I know you know what you are doing Gilmer love....just be safe honey. ♥♥
Old 04-27-2018, 10:41 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Thank you, Gilmer.

Legal pot delivery? Some people do get their dream jobs)
Old 04-27-2018, 10:57 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Hello Weekenders,

Do you mind if I join you this weekend? It's gonna be hard to beat those nasty cravings. My bf works every Saturday & Sunday, and for a drinking Snufkin it used to be the perfect opportunity to drink to oblivion without having to hide; I would wait till he leaves at 5am and start boozing straight away. Sigh. No more madness.
Old 04-27-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

So so glad you joined us love....stick close. ♥♥♥
Old 04-27-2018, 11:03 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Venus!! Oh, also huge congrats on your accomplishment, what an incredible milestone!
Old 04-27-2018, 11:09 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snufkin View Post
Hello Weekenders,

Do you mind if I join you this weekend? It's gonna be hard to beat those nasty cravings. My bf works every Saturday & Sunday, and for a drinking Snufkin it used to be the perfect opportunity to drink to oblivion without having to hide; I would wait till he leaves at 5am and start boozing straight away. Sigh. No more madness.
Welcome, Snufkin. I love that user name.

I live alone so I never had to answer to anyone whether I was drinking or not. I could have looked at that as good or bad. I love having time to myself to do what I like, though. Maybe make a plan to do something he doesn't enjoy that you have been wanting to do. Watch a particular type of movie he doesn't like? Go visit an art gallery? Stay in pajamas all day Saturday?
Old 04-27-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Welcome to Weekenders Snufkin!

Congratulations on 3 and a half years Venuscat. Fantastic!

Originally Posted by MidnightBlue View Post

Sao - Is that the colleague you were telling about the false Moon)))
Lol! No it's not him - he is daft as a brush but basically a nice guy who is only 20 years old so I make allowances. The one causing me grief is a more senior person. I will be plotting my revenge over the weekend.

Gilmer I envy your relative for getting to drive a Lambo. I have thought about something like that but the risk of rain is too great here.

Off to Ten Pin Bowling soon. I notice the drinking more than I do at Crazy Golf but at least I get to win sometimes at Ten Pin.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:54 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

I was so drunk once playing mini golf....to be honest, it is all just coming back to me now.....I think I was in France. Really. Do they have mini golf in Paris? It would have been 30 years ago.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:56 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Snufkin.....we will make you laugh at the very least girl.....and personally I am waiting to see what happens when Midnight meets the new trainer....I am worried for the new trainer.....hope she is tough Midnight honey or she is going to be crying big time.

(Midnight is a sensational female boxer )
Ummmm....that's sexist....a sensational boxer. Full stop.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:00 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Welcome, Snufkin!

I’ll be OK, Suze. Thanks for the concern. There was a time when I truly wouldn’t have been—not so much for the temptation aspect, but for the indignation I felt when my husband’s friends took it upon themselves to bring beer in the house, even though I had told them I preferred to have a “dry” house.

But it’s different here. For one thing, our cousin is very familiar with our house rules. No drinking under our roof—and ABSOLUTELY NEVER, NEVER any sort of drugs. My husband isn’t much for alcohol, but it’s not the unforgivable sin for him.

Drugs are!

I am sure he would disown any of our kids if they did drugs.

Our cousin is very clear about where my husband stands—plus, he knows I’m dry now and respects it. Last time we spoke, he felt compelled for some reason to confess to me, “I’m still an alcoholic.”

I wasn’t judging him—yet for some reason he felt a bit of guilt talking to me.

Plus, he’s been living in FL, presumably with a license and the freedom to go wherever he wants to go. He needn’t bother with us at all—our lifestyles have nothing in common, and he is keenly aware of my husband’s strong judgment—yet he wants to visit us.

Life was very warm for him here, “oppression” and all.

He’s partied to his heart’s content—place to stay—but he argues with his mom and his longtime girlfriend just dumped him.

What I hope is that he’s looking for warmth—and hopefully he’ll get a sense that real warmth is longer lasting and of finer quality than artificial warmth.

I’m too much of a dreamer, I know. I can be wildly Pollyanna-ish.

I will be part of the background. The real dynamic will be between him and my husband and kids. They are far more likely to challenge him and ask the hard questions.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Welcome, Snufkin. I love that user name.

I live alone so I never had to answer to anyone whether I was drinking or not. I could have looked at that as good or bad. I love having time to myself to do what I like, though. Maybe make a plan to do something he doesn't enjoy that you have been wanting to do. Watch a particular type of movie he doesn't like? Go visit an art gallery? Stay in pajamas all day Saturday?
Thank you Bimini My partner is not a drinker and he knows about my struggles, so I had to be very creative when he was around :p It didn't stop me from drinking daily tho. Anyway, thank you so much for some excellent weekend plans ideas. I think being home by myself is still too triggering, I could perhaps go to an AA meeting and then stay at uni till late catching up with coursework (I graduate in four weeks and have so much to doooo D: )

Originally Posted by venuscat View Post
Snufkin.....we will make you laugh at the very least girl.....and personally I am waiting to see what happens when Midnight meets the new trainer....I am worried for the new trainer.....hope she is tough Midnight honey or she is going to be crying big time.

(Midnight is a sensational female boxer )
Ummmm....that's sexist....a sensational boxer. Full stop.
WOW, that's soo cool!!
Old 04-27-2018, 12:02 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

I love you so very much Gilmer and I know you are very wise.....and yes, perhaps we have a little of the Pollyanna in common so I see it.....but I hear how together you are here. And I want to reiterate that you are a beautiful human being. xx
Old 04-27-2018, 12:04 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Creative.....oh how well I know that one Snufkin.....I lived by myself but had a very active work/social life and no one knew. Not in the last few years.

We don't have to hide from each other though....thank God for that.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:43 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Checking in after a tough week in work.....too many long days. A bad week on the parenting front too....I just keep making a mess of it. But I am sober. For that I am truly grateful.

A huge congratulations Venuscat for 3 and half years. It's almost beyond my imagination.

A peaceful Friday night to you all.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:05 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Thank you, Suze.

And the visit will only be from tomorrow till Monday sometime.

And tomorrow night the whole extended family will descend on a restaurant and kick back and have a great time catching up and reminiscing.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:18 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Checking in for the weekend on this beautiful Friday.

bim - Thanks for sharing that quote... ring ring!

Gilmer - Looks like it may be a heavy load mentally this weekend... the door may be wide open welcoming him but that doesn't mean your eyes and ears will be shut! I hope it will be a nice visit and you will have some time to unwind.

Snufkin - The time away from my spouse used to mean "go time" as well. I can certainly sympathize. Do what you need to keep busy. Maybe it would be a good time to do that healthy, healing thing you've beem meaning to do but haven't had the time?